More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

6 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Well you can’t say anything if you aren’t prepared to stand’

I haven’t seen anything that says that.

Only that you’d be good if you did decide to stand. There’s a world of difference between the two points. 

If I’ve missed it then do quote it for me. I’d be quite happy to apologise if I am wrong. 

Edited by Roxanne
Change the last ten words.
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

Stop such pathetic trolling. You got a really clear and unambiguous reply above. It’s still not good enough so move on. You really such a sad bunch of supercilious twats who clearly cannot take any form of criticism whatsoever.

You made some very good points in the DHSC/Ranson thread - contributors agreed with you (I gave one or two of your posts a “like” myself, because I agreed with you).   I can’t image that happens with mindless trolls - they would object and criticise, no matter what you posted.   I’m still not clear why you felt that you had to slag off your usual critics, for not immediately criticising you.

But here we are again: the “insane clown posse” stuff is what stops people from taking you seriously.   Feel free to give me your usual cliched responses - you’ll be back on ignore again, which is a shame, really.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Yeah because you respond to almost every post I make to try to undermine or discredit them 😂 Can’t be taking it seriously at all. 

Absolute idiot, think I’m still on block but offshore is one angry troll 

29 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

You made some very good points in the DHSC/Ranson thread - contributors agreed with you (I gave one or two of your posts a “like” myself, because I agreed with you).   I can’t image that happens with mindless trolls - they would object and criticise, no matter what you posted.   I’m still not clear why you felt that you had to slag off your usual critics, for not immediately criticising you.

But here we are again: the “insane clown posse” stuff is what stops people from taking you seriously.   Feel free to give me your usual cliched responses - you’ll be back on ignore again, which is a shame, really.

I am another who has given a like to some of offshores posts over the last day or so.  I always judge a post by its content rather than the poster.

Unfortunately some on here seem to do the opposite and determine what they think of a post based on who typed it rather than it’s content.

Nobody has said someone can’t criticise without standing, but some seem to read way more into what people say than is actually being said.

9 minutes ago, Broadcasterman said:

The public meeting tonight about Westmoreland Village hasn’t appeared to go down well by reports so far. With even the Corporation disagreeing with the developers now. 

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/there-wont-be-enough-parking-if-westmoreland-road-development-goes-ahead-says-douglas-councillor/

Who cares, get it built. National needs for housing in capital overrides car parking complaints 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

On 5/8/2023 at 9:44 AM, BriT said:

As the worlds most vehement Ashy supporter how do you rate his time at DBC? 

Well firstly I’m not sure how you rate me as  “the worlds most vehement Ashy supporter”. I’d be interested to know how you come to that conclusion. I have on occasion offered an alternative view to the pitchfork yielding mob.As an English teacher might say when marking a paper “provide examples please”.
Then I might be able to respond.

(Perhaps if defending him against personal attacks regarding his choice of clothing, his alleged similarity to Dracula or even his choice of sandwich makes me a supporter of him I plead guilty)

Secondly as a Ramsey resident I’m not really in a position to rate his time at DBC as it doesn’t affect me.

Edited by The Voice of Reason

Typical Banker  remark , nation needs housing   ! never mind  totally devastating the quality of life and complete disregard for the conditions relating to the site in the recently approved Eastern sector plan  which states the site  environment  is only suitable for 38 dwellings  and not the 170  being sought in this application and without suitable parking  which should be 1.5 spaces per household Chris Thomas confirmed at the meeting there are currently 6000 empty properties island wide at the moment ,  and where is government going to find £60 million  which was quoted   for the development cost , and not one house available to buy   all to be rented out !    too many questions need answering   ,!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Omobono said:

Typical Banker  remark , nation needs housing   ! never mind  totally devastating the quality of life and complete disregard for the conditions relating to the site in the recently approved Eastern sector plan  which states the site  environment  is only suitable for 38 dwellings  and not the 170  being sought in this application and without suitable parking  which should be 1.5 spaces per household Chris Thomas confirmed at the meeting there are currently 6000 empty properties island wide at the moment ,  and where is government going to find £60 million  which was quoted   for the development cost , and not one house available to buy   all to be rented out !    too many questions need answering   ,!

These brownfield sites need developing, all the Nimbys will obviously object as they do with any development near them. The empty houses are not owned by government 

1 hour ago, Banker said:

These brownfield sites need developing, all the Nimbys will obviously object as they do with any development near them. The empty houses are not owned by government 

You obviously don't live anywhere near these sites , if were going to develop them , then lets do it properly and provide something we can be proud  of and not leave a ghetto   and a  very poor environment for those living in close proximity ,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Banker said:

These brownfield sites need developing, all the Nimbys will obviously object as they do with any development near them.

They do need developing, but they need developing in a way that isn’t just going to end up as a pile of shite. For all the pipe dream of everyone walking everywhere, people have cars and will continue to have cars. And if a development doesn’t have enough parking spaces then those cars are going to spill out into neighbouring streets, making it worse for the people living there already.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1