More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

1 hour ago, Ringy Rose said:

They do need developing, but they need developing in a way that isn’t just going to end up as a pile of shite. For all the pipe dream of everyone walking everywhere, people have cars and will continue to have cars. And if a development doesn’t have enough parking spaces then those cars are going to spill out into neighbouring streets, making it worse for the people living there already.

What do you think of the parking provision for the King Gaming site on Victoria Road?

Parking seems to be a standard objection whatever people propose.

17 hours ago, Broadcasterman said:

The public meeting tonight about Westmoreland Village hasn’t appeared to go down well by reports so far. With even the Corporation disagreeing with the developers now. 

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/there-wont-be-enough-parking-if-westmoreland-road-development-goes-ahead-says-douglas-councillor/

One councillor disagrees. Not DBC. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Bombay Bad Boy said:

Do elected councillors actually have much power to change things for the better? Elected MHK's don't seem to.

Define change for the better. 

We changed the bin collections. That went down well. 

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Why is it always the same looking bunch of miserable bastards attending these meetings (hello half of manxforums).

1211027-1.jpg

Most of those people wouldn't be living in the type of housing proposed. Just because they would want to have a car doesn't mean all the future residents would. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

So who are these mass cycling social housing dwellers and can you tell me where they already live? There’s 215 bicycle parking places proposed here so there must already be loads and loads of them (200 at least) living somewhere else. So where do you think that is? Or are they proposing to spend £60M to build a complex for people who don’t actually exist? 

What do you think of the parking plans for king gaming?

5 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

So who are these mass cycling social housing dwellers and can you tell me where they already live? There’s 215 bicycle parking places proposed here so there must already be loads and loads of them (200 at least) living somewhere else. So where do you think that is? Or are they proposing to spend £60M to build a complex for people who don’t actually exist? 

Especially daft when these apartments are designed for key workers to rent if I heard correctly . Can just imagine a nurse getting called into work in an emergency cycling to the hospital . 

I'm not sure it the councillors are either deluded into thinking these people won't get cars , paid off by some twisted individuals or are actually plain stupid.  Looking and hearing most of them I think it's most likely the last option . 

Sooner these clowns are ousted the better , elections can't come soon enough . Then they can go concentrate on making decent YouTube videos and whatever else they do when not making stupid remarks and decisions . It's clear the issue with these developments.  Make some parking or refuse to give anyone living in them permits to take other households parking spots and make sure traffic wardens work past 5 around the area .

Won't happen though as no idiot will rent one if they don't have the option of car whatever the deluded green council muppets think 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Manxieover65 said:

Especially daft when these apartments are designed for key workers to rent if I heard correctly . Can just imagine a nurse getting called into work in an emergency cycling to the hospital . 

I'm not sure it the councillors are either deluded into thinking these people won't get cars , paid off by some twisted individuals or are actually plain stupid.  Looking and hearing most of them I think it's most likely the last option . 

Sooner these clowns are ousted the better , elections can't come soon enough . Then they can go concentrate on making decent YouTube videos and whatever else they do when not making stupid remarks and decisions . It's clear the issue with these developments.  Make some parking or refuse to give anyone living in them permits to take other households parking spots and make sure traffic wardens work past 5 around the area .

Won't happen though as no idiot will rent one if they don't have the option of car whatever the deluded green council muppets think 

Never a truer word spoken

• Like 1

On 5/16/2023 at 11:31 AM, Ativa said:

What do you think of the parking provision for the King Gaming site on Victoria Road?

Parking seems to be a standard objection whatever people propose.

I don’t know enough about that site’s plans to comment, but weren’t Shoprite really the only ones complaining? 

Parking and traffic are the usual objections, yes, but then again they’ usually end up being very accurate complaints.