More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

You do have to worry about the egos of these people 🤣 So self important local councillor makes a sweeping statement on Twitter as he’s in a huff as it’s going to cost him £2 in cash and they should be grateful for the publicity of being in his next block busting video so they’ve missed out. Then he gets shown his arse. Well said surely these chumps should be encouraging people to spend money in Douglas not actively putting off people from spending money in town? 

I had a look and the Obscura website and clearly says cash only so all a needy councillor seems to have done is use his social media profile to slag off a popular tourist attraction and put off people going to a facility in the town that he represents. These people do sound rather out of control and high on their own self importance!

690F52C3-D935-4E07-B5C5-343D30F44DE4.jpeg

492058C8-A830-4822-945D-0071355BD259.jpeg

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, BriT said:

all a needy councillor seems to have done is use his social media profile to slag off a popular tourist attraction and put off people going to a facility in the town that he represents

Out of interest, BriT, did the councillor’s comments put YOU off from visiting the Camera Obscura?

31 minutes ago, BriT said:

You do have to worry about the egos of these people 🤣 So self important local councillor makes a sweeping statement on Twitter as he’s in a huff as it’s going to cost him £2 in cash and they should be grateful for the publicity of being in his next block busting video so they’ve missed out. Then he gets shown his arse. Well said surely these chumps should be encouraging people to spend money in Douglas not actively putting off people from spending money in town? 

I had a look and the Obscura website and clearly says cash only so all a needy councillor seems to have done is use his social media profile to slag off a popular tourist attraction and put off people going to a facility in the town that he represents. These people do sound rather out of control and high on their own self importance!

He has a point.  I wouldn’t rock up anywhere expecting to need cash these days.  It’s a PITA and will stop people going.

I wouldn’t have an issue transferring to their account while stood there though.  They should make that an option for people rather than insisting on something a lot of people don’t use anymore.

21 minutes ago, Ativa said:

He has a point.  I wouldn’t rock up anywhere expecting to need cash these days.  It’s a PITA and will stop people going.

I wouldn’t have an issue transferring to their account while stood there though.  They should make that an option for people rather than insisting on something a lot of people don’t use anymore.

It’s a charity and more to the point it’s a Douglas tourist feature. What sort of total moron councillor uses his own Twitter account to slag off a tourist site in his own town? These people really are very self important nobodies aren’t they? It says cash only on the website and who doesn’t have £2 on them even if it’s just to use a parking machine or your tyre pressures? It’s rude and stupid and a councillor should know better. I wonder what attraction he managed to find for his “blockbuster” video in the end after such an unbelievably childish meltdown? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BriT said:

It’s a charity and more to the point it’s a Douglas tourist feature. What sort of total moron councillor uses his own Twitter account to slag off a tourist site in his own town? These people really are very self important nobodies aren’t they? It says cash only on the website and who doesn’t have £2 on them even if it’s just to use a parking machine or your tyre pressures? It’s rude and stupid and a councillor should know better. I wonder what attraction he managed to find for his “blockbuster” video in the end after such an unbelievably childish meltdown? 

Lots of people don’t ever have cash on them.  Like I said, if they don’t have a card machine then they should accept bank transfers.

Its 2023

I only ever use cash to jet wash the car at a garage and that is a right PITA.

The tweet is fairly pointless but it’s a fact that insisting on cash these days is stupid and will cost you custom.

6 minutes ago, Ativa said:

Lots of people don’t ever have cash on them.  Like I said, if they don’t have a card machine then they should accept bank transfers.

Its 2023

I only ever use cash to jet wash the car at a garage and that is a right PITA.

The tweet is fairly pointless but it’s a fact that insisting on cash these days is stupid and will cost you custom.

But you’re a troll and really you’ll just say the exact opposite of what any poster has said no matter what. Nothing you have said above relates to anything that actually happens in real life. I can’t believe a representative of the people of Douglas can have such a childish meltdown on social media over a tourist attraction in his own town to the point that they publish negative press that attempts to put people off going. If he had read the website (let’s face it he seems to spend his whole life online) he would have known it was cash only. I wonder if he did the “Do you know who I am” routine as well when they turned him down? 🥲

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BriT said:

But you’re a troll and really you’ll just say the exact opposite of what any poster has said no matter what. Nothing you have said above relates to anything that actually happens in real life. I can’t believe a representative of the people of Douglas can have such a childish meltdown on social media over a tourist attraction in his own town to the point that they publish negative press that attempts to put people off going. If he had read the website (let’s face it he seems to spend his whole life online) he would have known it was cash only. I wonder if he did the “Do you know who I am” routine as well when they turned him down? 🥲

I agree with people regularly.  I tend to disagree with people when they post rubbish.

You post a lot of rubbish so yes, I do tend to disagree with you.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BriT said:

Sad troll 🥲🥲

Having a different opinion to you doesn’t make someone a troll.  

I replied to you politely and suggested a solution for them that should suit everyone.

If you can’t cope with people having a different view to you then that is your issue, not mine.

I wasn’t rude, I didn’t argue.

1 hour ago, BriT said:

Certainly very ill-advised use of social media. Odd in context too that they themselves have a go about people who complain about things like the bins on social media but a rage over the worlds smallest entry fee (two quid!) having to be in cash is deemed appropriate. Local authority land is a very strange world indeed. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, BriT said:

Absolute nonsense you’re even more of an angry troll than when you’re offshore!!

15 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Go outside for the day Ativa. 

I am outside. If anything I should go in.

A nice sixty mile bike ride this morning, lunch at the Kiosk in Peel and an afternoon outside The Creek.

Thanks for the life advice though.  Off to meet some friends for the evening in a bit.  Is that ok?

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

Absolute nonsense you’re even more of an angry troll than when you’re offshore!!

You’re the other sad obsessive troll. Sorry I was rude to your boyfriend but that’s no excuse to start trolling me now. 

17 minutes ago, BriT said:

You’re the other sad obsessive troll. Sorry I was rude to your boyfriend but that’s no excuse to start trolling me now. 

I am straight and have no idea who banker is.

However.  If you are using “boyfriend” as some sort of suggestion that someone is gay and that that might be an insult then I am afraid again that that says more about you than anyone else.

Get a life

• Like 1