More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

I’m told there’s a DBC a Councillor in another Twitter rage today because someone dared to park their Roller a bit casually in Victoria Street. It does make you wonder where some people get off. Surely a member of the town council should be encouraging the wealthy of the IOM to patronize local shops who pay business rates to DBC not publicly embarrassing them and ripping them a new one on social media? Maybe a touch of jealousy as the council expenses won’t extend to even fueling Wraith? 

Edited by BriT
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, BriT said:

I’m told there’s a DBC a Councillor in another Twitter rage today because someone dared to park their Roller a bit casually in Victoria Street. It does make you wonder where some people get off. Surely a member of the town council should be encouraging the wealthy of the IOM to patronize local shops who pay business rates to DBC not publicly embarrassing them and ripping them a new one on social media? Maybe a touch of jealousy as the council expenses won’t extend to even fueling Wraith? 

"a Twitter rage"?

v3xyOAm.png

• Thanks 1

So is Motorscan a reliable source of gossip, and what does Export Status mean?

Vehicle identity

Registration HV18 YZD
    Registered Date 13 April 2018
    Manufacturer Rolls Royce
    Model Dawn V12 Auto
    Vehicle Type Car
    Body Style Cabriolet
    Colour Blue
    Year 2018
    Fuel Type Petrol
    Export Status Yes
    Recall Notices No

Vehicle Details

Power 563 BHP
    Engine CC 6592 cc
    0-60 MPH 5.00
    Vehicle Max Speed 155 mph
    CO2 Marker M
    CO2 Output 330 g/km
    Euro Status 6b

Tax & MOT

TAX Expired
    Expired: 22 Feb 2021
    MOT Expired
    Expired: 04 Feb 2022

31 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

So is Motorscan a reliable source of gossip, and what does Export Status mean?

Vehicle identity

Registration HV18 YZD
    Registered Date 13 April 2018
    Manufacturer Rolls Royce
    Model Dawn V12 Auto
    Vehicle Type Car
    Body Style Cabriolet
    Colour Blue
    Year 2018
    Fuel Type Petrol
    Export Status Yes
    Recall Notices No

Vehicle Details

Power 563 BHP
    Engine CC 6592 cc
    0-60 MPH 5.00
    Vehicle Max Speed 155 mph
    CO2 Marker M
    CO2 Output 330 g/km
    Euro Status 6b

Tax & MOT

TAX Expired
    Expired: 22 Feb 2021
    MOT Expired
    Expired: 04 Feb 2022

It has been exported from the UK.  Presume it is a direct feed from the DVLA website.

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

It has been exported from the UK.  Presume it is a direct feed from the DVLA website.

Still on UK plates, but note the Tax and MOT status. (It's the equivalent of twitching the net curtains - I don't have any net curtains to twitch, so this is the best I can do).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Two-lane said:

Still on UK plates, but note the Tax and MOT status. (It's the equivalent of twitching the net curtains - I don't have any net curtains to twitch, so this is the best I can do).

Presumably because it was exported and it depends where it has been since.  Perhaps the 2021 MOT was used to tax it in the UK until Feb 2022 by which time it had been exported. 

ETA Got the dates awry, the MOT expired Feb 22 and the tax Feb 21.  Either way it looks like it was legitimate in the UK until early 21.  You need the first MOT by the third anniversary of the original registration. 

Edited by Gladys

6 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Either way it looks like it was legitimate in the UK until early 21.  

C'mon, Glad, be specific. Don't say what it was, say what it is. It's likely to be illegitimate wherever it was or is. Which country do you know of where you can drive around on foreign plates for a couple of years?

1 minute ago, Two-lane said:

C'mon, Glad, be specific. Don't say what it was, say what it is. It's likely to be illegitimate wherever it was or is. Which country do you know of where you can drive around on foreign plates for a couple of years?

It depends if it has been here, or somewhere else, or even locked up in a garage somewhere.  I do not know, do you? 

4 hours ago, BriT said:

Parking your untaxed no MOT showing Roller halfway in the road is a dick move. Keep up the hate, darling, but I still won’t pay rent to live in your head :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gladys said:

My understanding when this UK to IOM car topic popped up last time, and based on what someone at the constabulary told me, is that the car has to be legal somewhere. Insurance is probably key here. Tax might fall between cracks until he has Manx test as long as he’s booked in? Or should technically not drive it? 

3 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

My understanding when this UK to IOM car topic popped up last time, and based on what someone at the constabulary told me, is that the car has to be legal somewhere. Insurance is probably key here. Tax might fall between cracks until he has Manx test as long as he’s booked in? Or should technically not drive it? 

Yes, I get that.  My point is the DVLA website does not tell the whole story.  We don't know where it has been in the meantime (don't see that many Rollers driving around over here unlike many years ago).  It will only be the police that can get to the bottom if it.

Re tax, I always understood that your insurance was only valid if the vehicle was properly taxed.  So if it is not properly taxed, somewhere, is it potentially uninsured? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

I have a car that currently shows as not taxed or MOT in the UK.

Its here perfectly legally and will be Manx registered once the test centre can fit it in at the end of June.

Get a life ffs.

Edited by Ativa
  • Like 1