More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

4 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

It’s a £250K RR at the end or the day. Just the sort of new resident we probably would like to attract. I doubt they’re probably driving it round uninsured as that’s a massive risk if it’s bumped and do we really need to be openly slagging the owner off on social media and making up stories about whether it’s legal or not without knowing any of the fact? 

They may think they are insured, and have had the car in a garage here all that time.  My question is if it is not road legal anywhere is the insurance valid?  The risk is not it being damaged, but it damaging something, or more importantly, someone. 

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

They may think they are insured, and have had the car in a garage here all that time.  My question is if it is not road legal anywhere is the insurance valid?  The risk is not it being damaged, but it damaging something, or more importantly, someone. 

A car can be insured without being taxed.

6 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I thought that but a car can be insured even if not taxed. The situation over here isn’t perfect for these things. It probably works as long as it’s never challenged / nothing happens? 

8 minutes ago, Ativa said:

I have a car that currently shows as not taxed or MOT in the UK.

Its here perfectly legally and will be Manx registered once the test centre can fit it in at the end of June.

Get a life ffs.

so park properly and you won't hear about it.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Parking your untaxed no MOT showing Roller halfway in the road is a dick move. Keep up the hate, darling, but I still won’t pay rent to live in your head :) 

You’re making a lot of assumptions based on absolutely zero accurate information. Why do you assume anyone hates you? I’m just pointing out what total shit you seem to post on social media in order to draw attention to yourself. Why bother? There's an option to just walk on by and just not take a picture and post it on Twitter and not make an absolute bitter twat out of yourself. 

Edited by BriT
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, BriT said:

You’re making a lot of assumptions based on absolutely zero accurate information. Why do you assume anyone hates you? I’m just pointing out what total shit you seem to post on social media in order to draw attention to yourself. Why bother? There's an option to just walk on by and just not take a picture and post it on Twitter and not make an absolute bitter twat out of yourself. 

See, just what I mean. Try going for a walk. Helps sometimes. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, offshoremanxman said:

How does that work? At worst they're tax capped and the 5 year cap is well in excess of what any middle income earner would possibly pay in tax by comparison. Plus if the guy can afford a three hundred grand car I’m sure there’s load of other discretionary spend that benefits other people here like restaurant bills and other stuff keeping Douglas small businesses ticking over. Was it parked in the bay outside Oscars? Maybe they were in Heritage Homes planning to spend on a million pound plus house? Either way I’d say someone who can afford to drive a car like that is probably someone we should encourage to be here not ridicule on social media for some arbitrary reason. 

Someone with a 250k car likely doesn't have the bulk of their income come from earnings, it'll be capital.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, piebaps said:

Maybe the councillor should take pictures like this and criticize the shonky refuse arrangements🤣

20230522_074839.jpg.6ab9990d1e50d45baab639ec28de670f.jpg

That seems to be the subtext here. More than one Councillor seems to be very keen to be on Twitter all day pointing out what’s wrong with the IOM and kicking up a total fuss about it. Excluding anything that’s possibly wrong with Douglas of course where we have to big ourselves up about people using pubs on a sunny day which naturally is purely down to the visionaries at the council who voted to close the street. Backslaps all round! Meanwhile the town looks like a total dump and the same councillors are doing literally nothing about it at all. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jarndyce said:

Well, somebody should - we seem to have looking at the same picture for some time now…

There’s loads of pictures actually it’s just that when they’re posted on public sites on Facebook there is apparently one particular infantile Douglas Councillor who then reports them to Facebook and gets a lot of them taken down and / or posters accounts suspended so they all only seem to end up on one Facebook page which has banned members of the council from joining as they apparently can’t behave themselves. Which is I believe why they can’t be shared or seen by most people which must be very convenient for DBC.

50F9F656-752D-46B3-8A35-35F79B228631.jpeg

34ADC925-9C66-4D6F-A193-6E52CD627F7C.jpeg

629EC220-2BE7-4422-9DBF-C84E75B78F9B.jpeg

Edited by Broadcasterman
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

That’s more like it!

For avoidance of doubt: are the last three in the group above essentially the same picture?   Those lights look similar…

You’re really really funny. Why don’t you sign up and you can yiu can probably criticize any of the pictures you like. But apparently when people try to share them elsewhere some nut job always reports the posters to Facebook and gets removed. You’d have to be quite obsessively mad to do that surely?