More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

5 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

That group is still around? Any attempts for meaningful interaction were fruitless. 

Trying to write some of your own ratepayers off as Facebook lunatics does the council and yourself a huge discredit and just underlines some of the general claims of arrogance and indifference. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Does anyone care except a few posters on here?

If my relative had been turfed out of their home, and it then sold cheap to a mate of someone who had inside info from DBC then I would definitely care.

As an IOM resident I also care, as that sort of abuse of a position and information needs to be seen to be very seriously dealt with.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Broadcasterman said:

Trying to write some of your own ratepayers off as Facebook lunatics does the council and yourself a huge discredit and just underlines some of the general claims of arrogance and indifference. 

Where did I say that? Jeez. Other councillors and myself tried to interact but it didn’t work out. I’m not saying members of any Facebook group are anything. Just that I tried to talk to them and got nowhere. 

I notice there is an advert playing in the radio for “The Quay” in Douglas.

No mention of specific businesses, just that it’s a great place to go for food, drink etc.

Can anyone advise who has paid for it?  Surely it’s nothing to do with DBC trying to make their silly experiment look more successful than it is and even further favouring the businesses down there over the others that pay rates in town and who often can’t even out a table outside.

2 hours ago, Ativa said:

No mention of specific businesses, just that it’s a great place to go for food, drink etc.

Can anyone advise who has paid for it?  Surely it’s nothing to do with DBC trying to make their silly experiment look more successful than it is and even further favouring the businesses down there over the others that pay rates in town and who often can’t even out a table outside.

It’s probably so that DBC can lure people down there and then Bentley can then take pictures of them and post them on social media so that he can make it look like his empty street is a massive success again. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ativa said:

Well personally I think it’s been a great success & even better over next 2 weeks, it’s great sitting outside British with a beer without cars driving through. Notice O’Donnell & Henderson & glass both have tables outside as I walked through just now

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Broadcasterman said:

It’s probably so that DBC can lure people down there and then Bentley can then take pictures of them and post them on social media so that he can make it look like his empty street is a massive success again. 

You should print that comment and read it a few times to yourself. Maybe you’ll notice how it makes you look. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

You should print that comment and read it a few times to yourself. Maybe you’ll notice how it makes you look. 

You should maybe be concerned more about how your comment looks. There’s nothing worse than a bitter local councillor. Why does the Quay need advertising on the radio if it’s so unbelievably popular that people are apparently flocking there already? Are your ratepayers paying for such radio airtime to be bought to advertise your empty street?

Edited by Broadcasterman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Ativa said:

Have you seen openings hours of the brewery premises 

closed more than open