More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

5 hours ago, Broadcasterman said:

You should maybe be concerned more about how your comment looks. There’s nothing worse than a bitter local councillor. Why does the Quay need advertising on the radio if it’s so unbelievably popular that people are apparently flocking there already? Are your ratepayers paying for such radio airtime to be bought to advertise your empty street?

Paying to take that once in a year picture of it bust so can post on socials and boast how busy it is, and then want another road closure 

Interesting activity from the boys and girls in DBC's sanitation dept tonight.  Sat on Head Road and, in the last 30 mins-1 hour we've seen two waste wagons come up to empty the bins. Although the second lot didn't do much emptying as nobody had chance to fill them.

What are the Friday evening OT rates compared to weekly domestic collections?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

Bank Holiday today so whatever rate is paid for working on a BH plus overtime mark up.

No, it’s really not.

Or have they added a bank holiday today and not told anyone?

Edited by Jarndyce
Added

16 hours ago, yorik said:

Interesting activity from the boys and girls in DBC's sanitation dept tonight.  Sat on Head Road and, in the last 30 mins-1 hour we've seen two waste wagons come up to empty the bins. Although the second lot didn't do much emptying as nobody had chance to fill them.

What are the Friday evening OT rates compared to weekly domestic collections?

McDonalds should pay to have that bin emptied. It’s normally 75% Maccies cartons in it anyway. 

image.png.81cd6719dbf21ac1c76b6c3c986eded5.png

It took me literally five seconds to find that (and I'm not even on Facebook).  If you do want to protect people's identities (though I can't see why in this case, given that their posting publicly) you have to obscure more than that.

(I assume he's actually complaining because it wasn't emptied rather than because it was)

5 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

image.png.81cd6719dbf21ac1c76b6c3c986eded5.png

It took me literally five seconds to find that (and I'm not even on Facebook).  If you do want to protect people's identities (though I can't see why in this case, given that their posting publicly) you have to obscure more than that.

(I assume he's actually complaining because it wasn't emptied rather than because it was)

Sorry it was sent to me by someone else then I realized that the name was still in there and thought I’d redact. To be honest though as you say it’s on Facebook so I’m sure anyone can see it anyway if they’re members of that group so it hardly takes the FBI to work it out. In fact I think it’s the loon who works at the Sure Shop in town. So even less leg work required 🥲

3 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

I assume he's actually complaining because it wasn't emptied rather than because it was

That threw me a bit - they emptied the bin, so he took it to Town Hall to complain?   Are we now through the looking-glass?