More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

2 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Just like Ramsey put the raft in the bay out early and caught the spring tides it is now so badly damaged it has been removed from Bay……..commonsense is a stranger these days.

Yes but 7 grand to replace a few damaged timbers!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Broadcasterman said:

Oh they’re correct alright. Reporting a man to the police for ‘stealing’ a bin that was standing in their reception. No wonder the DBC aren’t commenting on this publicly. They look like a bunch of absolute morons. 

You get the impression that this rather bizarre story has a lot left to run yet. If they did report him to the police for stealing the bin when they knew where it was it would certainly show what pathetic individuals they are. Equally wasting police time is an offense and it would have been a massive waste of the police’s time in TT Week just to try to drop a rate payer in the shit. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Moghrey Mie said:

Those are commercial bins not household. So they would be emptied by a waste company-not Douglas Corporation.

His argument seems to be that the bins were illegally placed on public land and had no right to be there so his environment was being ruined by having to pass stinking overflowing bins every day that shouldn’t legally have been there. Hence his later claim that when he returned the bin all they then did was then set up an emergency private meeting of the relevant DBC committee to ratify and back date the ratification that the bins were legally allowed to be sited on that piece public land after all. It seems to have been ongoing for a long time and rather than actually move the bins onto the private property of H&B they’ve now just changed the bye laws to say that the bins that shouldn’t of been on their public land can now be left there. 

Edited by Broadcasterman
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Broadcasterman said:

His argument seems to be that the bins were illegally placed on public land and had no right to be there so his environment was being ruined by having to pass stinking overflowing bins every day that shouldn’t legally have been there

If he’s proved wrong in his claim/belief, might he have an environmental case against the Rosemount?

8 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

If he’s proved wrong in his claim/belief, might he have an environmental case against the Rosemount?

He seems to have done his research otherwise they would not have allegedly back dated bye laws at a secret meeting to make the siting of the bins that shouldn’t have been there now legal. Why try and reach a sensible resolution with a ratepayer when you can just fuck them over if your lack of action gets confrontational. 

Edited by Broadcasterman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Broadcasterman said:

they would not have allegedly back dated bye laws at a secret meeting to make the siting of the bins that shouldn’t have been there now legal.

I notice you’re still using the word “allegedly”.   Has the alleged outcome of this “secret” meeting been demonstrably proved yet?   Or are we still at the level of idle (fun-packed) speculation?   

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

I notice you’re still using the word “allegedly”.   Has the alleged outcome of this “secret” meeting been demonstrably proved yet?   Or are we still at the level of idle (fun-packed) speculation?   

The man posted so on Facebook under his own name. I have no reason to doubt him but added allegedly as this forum seems to get a bit jittery about reproducing claims made elsewhere. The newspapers seem to have a direct line into the guy so if he’s made that statement publicly on Facebook knowing that the papers will probably read it then I’d be inclined to believe him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Broadcasterman said:

The man posted so on Facebook under his own name. I have no reason to doubt him

I’ll take that as a “no” as regarding proof of the meeting/outcome, for the moment - and await developments in the papers with interest.  I just like the odd fact to leaven the speculation - not unreasonable, I hope?

Edited by Jarndyce
Typo

26 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

I’ll take that as a “no” as regarding proof of the meeting/outcome, for the moment - and await developments in the papers with interest.  I just like the odd fact to leaven the speculation - not unreasonable, I hope?

You seem to be oddly truculent on this point. The man has said it himself on Facebook via his own Facebook account. Why would anyone have any reason to disbelieve his public statement especially knowing that the press are already involved and so you would assume that he’s being careful about anything he posts as it will be read by the press.