More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

On 6/9/2023 at 4:00 PM, Albert Tatlock said:

See you in a few weeks. Enjoy your seethe and use some of that time to read the T&Cs.

Whilst I’ve often found threads derailed by a select few, your own conduct in the last page or so concerns me.

Who is the MF data controller? Is the site registered with the ICO? It concerns me that you so blatantly feel it appropriate to act as you did, by insinuating links to users like you have. I - like many - enjoy the forums on the basis of anonymity.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Whilst I’ve often found threads derailed by a select few, your own conduct in the last page or so concerns me.

Who is the MF data controller? Is the site registered with the ICO? It concerns me that you so blatantly feel it appropriate to act as you did, by insinuating links to users like you have. I - like many - enjoy the forums on the basis of anonymity.

You can normally tell those by the way they post in the same very aggressive manner & refuse to admit when proven wrong. Always similar posts on same thread’s eg attacking DBC or government or TT etc

There is no "data controlling" going on in this case or any other case...Read the T&Cs...the 'General' Section about IP at the bottom and all will become clear as to why someone simultaneously posting with 4 accounts gets suspended.

There's no conspiracy and no identification other than the person is using the same device for 4 accounts. It's the accounts that got suspended not any one particular individual.

What's so hard to work out on that?

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Zarley said:

This again? It was dull as ditchwater in the other thread as well. Do you get paid in cash per C&P or do you get benefits in kind?

Or is it’s 

10 hours ago, Zarley said:

This again? It was dull as ditchwater in the other thread as well. Do you get paid in cash per C&P or do you get benefits in kind?

Or is it you actually writing this shite?

Likely it will be concerning for some posters who might believe anonymity might exist. However the terms and conditions of this forum seems to say that IP and E-mail address information may be disclosed without notice in response to complaints about posts, threats of or actual litigation. Which you’d expect (ie, disclosed confidentially to the police or to other parties in the case of libel or stalking etc). What anyone perhaps wouldn’t expect is that they might potentially be published openly by people directly associated with the forum for no real reason. Not even IOM Newspapers would do that.

3 minutes ago, The Port Soderick Herald said:

Likely it will be concerning for some posters who might believe anonymity might exist. However the terms and conditions of this forum seems to say that IP and E-mail address information may be disclosed without notice in response to complaints about posts, threats of or actual litigation. Which you’d expect (ie, disclosed confidentially to the police or to other parties in the case of libel or stalking etc). What anyone perhaps wouldn’t expect is that they might potentially be published openly by people directly associated with the forum for no real reason. Not even IOM Newspapers would do that.

The IP and email address have not been published, have they?

Edited by Gladys
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

The IP and email address have not been published. 

I was replying to the above poster. It’s somewhat academic as it looks like some sort of unproven link has been referred to which the terms and conditions don’t cater for and which could be regarded as stalking and covert information gathering and potentially cyber bullying. At the end of the day I understand this forums terms and conditions as I read them when signing up but many others may not and likely that sort of behaviour will put some people off posting. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, The Port Soderick Herald said:

What anyone perhaps wouldn’t expect is that they might potentially be published openly by people directly associated with the forum for no real reason. Not even IOM Newspapers would do that.

Why would anyone wish to do that on MF? The basic premise of MF is it supports anonymity...within the law.

But people would be wise to periodically read the T&Cs...before posting rants and accusations etc. and just assuming that they can get away with breaking the law, including on libellous posts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Port Soderick Herald said:

I was replying to the above poster. It’s somewhat academic as it looks like some sort of unproven link has been referred to which the terms and conditions don’t cater for and which could be regarded as stalking and covert information gathering and potentially cyber bullying. At the end of the day I understand this forums terms and conditions as I read them when signing up but many others may not and likely that sort of behaviour will put some people off posting. 

But where is the publication (I will not repeat the "openly" as that is a somewhat redundant term when referring to publication)?

3 minutes ago, The Port Soderick Herald said:

I, for one, am not sure what your problem is

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

I, for one, am not sure what your problem is

The problem seems to be that people may be surprised that they may have to take responsibility for what they post.  The T&Cs make that quite clear throughout.

Anonymity does not equal immunity. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

But people would be wise to periodically read the T&Cs...before posting rants and accusations etc. and just assuming that they can get away with breaking the law, including on libellous posts.

I’m just passing a view on your own terms and conditions in response to the other poster. It’s hard to see anything libelous posted in this whole thread or any reason why an account holder (or holders) would be stalked by a moderator. If it’s libelous I assume if you are approached by the police and you then send the IP details on to them to investigate not make a post that says ‘XYZ made a libelous post on this forum’. I’m just trying to work out how the engagement works on here as I’m legally qualified and concerned that someone else posted a link to my website on here which I can’t control. I didn’t ask them to but also I don’t want a moderator to then make some outrageous claim that that person who posted something might be me without any connection at all existing. Surely you can see the issue?

4 minutes ago, The Port Soderick Herald said:

I’m just passing a view on your own terms and conditions in response to the other poster. It’s hard to see anything libelous posted in this whole thread or any reason why an account holder (or holders) would be stalked by a moderator. If it’s libelous I assume if you are approached by the police and you then send the IP details on to them to investigate not make a post that says ‘XYZ made a libelous post on this forum’. I’m just trying to work out how the engagement works on here as I’m legally qualified and concerned that someone else posted a link to my website on here which I can’t control. I didn’t ask them to but also I don’t want a moderator to then make some outrageous claim that that person who posted something might be me without any connection at all existing. Surely you can see the issue?

Doesn't have to be the police, it could be a civil complaint, surely?  If MF are threatened with a libel action, as a legally qualified person, what would your response be? 

Not sure what your definition of stalking or personal data is either. 

ETA not sure that anyone's opinion of what is libellous matters.  A court will determine that but it will cost everyone involved quite a bit to get that decision. 

Edited by Gladys