More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

12 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Just to pop back to this one. I know you posted this before and I’m currently compiling the answers. Unfortunately getting relevant info out of town hall isn’t as easy as I had hoped for various reasons, some of which I will discuss with them and the media person during a meeting soon. In the meanwhile I’ll post what I can find as I believe that transparency is important and that we should be doing more to keep people informed about what we do and why we do it etc. This may be an anonymous forum but in my mind those are valid questions from a constituent and no different if you had emailed them to me so they deserve a proper answer. My apologies for the delay in this. Some of that was down to me having a lot on my plate and some was outside of my control. 

Thank you Amadeus. Even if the answers are, "Nope, nope, nope and nope," you have at least walked the talk.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

I’ve been recycling longer than DBC has for normal waste but their policy on green waste is basically moronic

What, giving you a green bin and collecting it every two weeks? Moronic. 

For those of us with normal sized gardens it works fine, I don't fill my green bin.

Before the bins everyone had to go to the tip.

If you're generating that much green waste you need a composter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Andy Wint on the Manninline again asking for someone from DBC to go on air and answer questions on waste collection.  He has been asking for weeks.

Surely with so many staff and councillors who presumably all have confidence in the scheme there must be at least one capable of going on air and answering some questions?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Andy Wint on the Manninline again asking for someone from DBC to go on air and answer questions on waste collection.  He has been asking for weeks.

Surely with so many staff and councillors who presumably all have confidence in the scheme there must be at least one capable of going on air and answering some questions?

That's a bit of an assumption isn't it?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

Yes, it's winter, the leaves are down and you don't mow the lawn in winter.

Doing a green bin round in winter would be daft.

We did a last grass cut this week, due to mild weather. Most leaves are down, but it’s pruning time.

PS we compost.

1 hour ago, Asthehills said:

Perhaps, like the vast majority of the local population claim, no one at DBC listens to Manx Radio either. 

Maybe Amadeus can ensure MR's request reaches the higher echelons of DBC, and they either expose themselves to being scrutinised, or provide their reasons for not participating.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, John Wright said:

We did a last grass cut this week, due to mild weather. Most leaves are down, but it’s pruning time

Funnily enough did a grass cut this morning, just in time before the rain started. Sent cuttings to tip.

1 minute ago, offshoremanxman said:

Or revert to what people did before which is put the green stuff in their bin without having to have a ‘special green bin’. What people now have is a pointless bin clogging up their yards until next Easter which serves no purpose at all. 

Malew Commissioners recalled all their orange grass bins last year.  
All goes in their regular green bins now  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Or revert to what people did before which is put the green stuff in their bin without having to have a ‘special green bin’. What people now have is a pointless bin clogging up their yards until next Easter which serves no purpose at all. 

Saw 2 households today in tromode park cutting grass & emptying straight into black bin, must get a bit slimy & smelly over 2 weeks