More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

10 hours ago, The Port Soderick Herald said:

Thanks for re-posting here Cassie. Glad you enjoyed it. Really appreciate the feedback from the Booker Award panel of miserly curmudgeons too 👍

And to think they laughed when you said you wanted to be a comedian!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Doesn't have to be the police, it could be a civil complaint, surely?  If MF are threatened with a libel action, as a legally qualified person, what would your response be? 

I’ve got a law degree so I know exactly what libel is and what might get someone on the radar of the police or a civil action or not (and consequently when an IP may be required to be disclosed or referred to), and I know exactly what the forums terms and conditions say. My point is that not even this forums moderators seem to abide by the forums own terms and conditions so it would be helpful to know where the line is just in case anyone cross posts a link to my website again which I have no control of.

Edited by The Port Soderick Herald
Typo
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Port Soderick Herald said:

I’ve got a law degree so I know exactly what libel is and what might get someone on the radar of the police or a civil action or not (and consequently when an IP may be required to be disclosed or referred to), and I know exactly what the forums terms and conditions say. My point is that not even this forums moderators seem to abide by the forums own terms and conditions so it would be helpful to know where the line is just in case anyone cross posts a link to my website again which I have no control of.

You will have to point out where the mods have not abided by their T&Cs  and how they can have control over links to your website.

I really do not understand your point. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, The Port Soderick Herald said:

Likely it will be concerning for some posters who might believe anonymity might exist. However the terms and conditions of this forum seems to say that IP and E-mail address information may be disclosed without notice in response to complaints about posts, threats of or actual litigation. Which you’d expect (ie, disclosed confidentially to the police or to other parties in the case of libel or stalking etc). What anyone perhaps wouldn’t expect is that they might potentially be published openly by people directly associated with the forum for no real reason. Not even IOM Newspapers would do that.

What in earth had it got to do with being anonymous?

People can see what IP I post from without knowing who I am.

7 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

I hope it’s better than the publication they produce.

I’m happy that people can pick holes in anything published it’s a free world. If you don’t like it that’s fine the internet has 5 Billions other sites. What I’m trying to do is work out how the terms and conditions of this site work as I don’t want to be linked, or for it to be publicly inferred that I’m linked, to anything I don’t post as I’m slowly trying to monetize the site. In the absence of any clear data controller as required under GDPR if this site is holding traceable personal data I’d have thought any tracking or monitoring would purely be used to manage potential legal problems if ever approached by a third party and that’s it. To even suggest that accounts might be linked seems to breach at least two of the forums own terms and conditions. 

30 minutes ago, The Port Soderick Herald said:

I think you have an overblown sense of your own importance.

Cassie posted one of your “ articles”. Publicly available on your website?

It wasn’t universally well received. It was found to be not that funny. But so what?

No one is talking about libel, GDPR etc .

What is your problem?

ETA I’d advise you to give up the idea of monetizing the site if I were you

Edited by The Voice of Reason
  • Thanks 4