More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

3 minutes ago, The Port Soderick Herald said:

That clarifies better thanks. As to my basic beef (it’s more of a slight concern really) it would be that if I build a monetization structure for a website with a clearly published email address (and IP) and then some moderator here might then publish a post that says ‘but look at the awful stuff this person also posted via other accounts’ this might then might cause demonetization for myself even though it might be someone just using the same public wifi connection as me (or even just using the same off the peg restricted channel VPN package as me) as that would basically be a lie that would then impact on my income. I just wanted to clear that up as the terms and conditions are clear, but the way that they appear to be applied seem to be totally arbitrary. It seems a moderator can choose to break them when they choose but not a user. 

I’d be more concerned about your paragraph structure if I were you.

What awful stuff have you posted via other accounts?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Port Soderick Herald said:

That clarifies better thanks. As to my basic beef (it’s more of a slight concern really) it would be that if I build a monetization structure for a website with a clearly published email address (and IP) and then some moderator here might then publish a post that says ‘but look at the awful stuff this person also posted via other accounts’ this might then might cause demonetization for myself even though it might be someone just using the same public wifi connection as me (or even just using the same off the peg restricted channel VPN package as me) as that would basically be a lie that would then impact on my income. I just wanted to clear that up as the terms and conditions are clear, but the way that they appear to be applied seem to be totally arbitrary. It seems a moderator can choose to break them when they choose but not a user. 

TBH, just go for it.  I don't think monetarisation is going to be your main problem. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

These two posts from a mod are actually quite concerning if that is why those accounts were all banned.

Just to be clear, I am glad they were all banned.

However.  If the block was based on IP then they could for example all be people at the airport, or all people who work for the same business or at the same restaurant.

@Albert Tatlock there are many ways of viewing your own publicly visible IP address.

One is https://whatismyipaddress.com/

Try it from different devices attached to your router and you will get the same answer.

Don't be a moron...unique IPs per device are why your mum gets the saga holiday info she's just requested back to her device...while she doesn't get to see the shit you post on MF in your bedroom upstairs. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Don't be a moron...unique IPs per device are why your mum gets the saga holiday info she's just requested back to her device...while she doesn't get to see the shit you post on MF in your bedroom upstairs. 

You are so very wrong.

So wrong it is embarrassing.

Seriously, please do some research.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

TBH, just go for it.  I don't think monetarisation is going to be your main problem. 

Just now, Gladys said:

No, really, wish you all the best if you want to monetise your work.  

But Glad there’s a difference between wanting to monetize your work and realizing it ain’t going to happen.

If PSH has got the money to invest in this vanity project fair enough. But he/ she has to realise that sixth form humour ( or more fifth form humour) doesn’t have that big a market.

• Like 1

Just now, Albert Tatlock said:

I guess you don't do IT for a living then.

I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you mean MAC address rather than IP address?

Yes I do do IT for a living.  You are making yourself look very, very silly right now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Albert Tatlock said:

I guess you don't do IT for a living then.

Is that why I get a notification that I have tried to access a site from a different device sometimes?  I thought the IP was connected to the Internet provider used. 

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

But Glad there’s a difference between wanting to monetize your work and realizing it ain’t going to happen.

If PSH has got the money to invest in this vanity project fair enough. But he/ she has to realise that sixth form humour ( or more fifth form humour) doesn’t have that big a market.

I know that,  just trying to take the sting out. 

• Like 1

Just now, Asthehills said:

I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you mean MAC address rather than IP address?

Yes I do do IT for a living.  You are making yourself look very, very silly right now.

Yeah. If it's a Mac address, I'll see you tomorrow. McTasty please 😀

• Confused 1