More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

1 minute ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Yeah. If it's a Mac address, I'll see you tomorrow. McTasty please 😀

Why not just admit you don’t know what you are talking about?

Based on what you have posted if I was logged on here and on McDonalds wifi and so were you, then another mod might ban both of our accounts.

18 minutes ago, Gladys said:

TBH, just go for it.  I don't think monetarisation is going to be your main problem. 

Ah yes but you see competing satirisist @FANDL does not have a law degree and/or is not a legally qualified professional!

He will never crack the monetarisation thing, that say a freelance journalist would be able to

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mercenary said:

Ah yes but you see competing satirisist @FANDL does not have a law degree and/or is not a legally qualified professional!

He will never crack the monetarisation thing, that say a freelance journalist would be able to

Quite.  But the posts on here are much more logical, literate and without the jarring grammatical errors that the Port Soderick Herald scoops have. 

33 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Based on what you have posted if I was logged on here and on McDonalds wifi and so were you, then another mod might ban both of our accounts.

The probability of 2 posters accusing one poster of being the same person on 4 accounts...then a mod checking the IPs used on those 4 accounts over multiple days/times and finding them to be  EXACTLY the same IP...point that to be one individual.

Pretty much a certainty.

There may well be other accounts that haven't even been followed up.

4 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well that’s the kind of power you might expect a mod to have along with others.

Kind of goes with the territory 

But it appears he is basing his decisions on something which he has absolutely no understanding of.

I am very very glad offshore had been sin binned, but if it was because eh share d

1 minute ago, Albert Tatlock said:

The probability of 2 posters accusing one poster of being the same person on 4 accounts...then a mod checking the IPs used on those 4 accounts over multiple days/times and finding them to be  EXACTLY the same IP...point that to be one individual.

Pretty much a certainty.

There may well be other accounts that haven't even been followed up.

I agree, but you showed a total lack of understanding as to what an IP address was which is a bit concerning.

You will probably find a reason to ban me now because like he man.  You have the power 😂

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

i agree, but you showed a total lack of understanding as to what an IP address was which is a bit concerning.

It’s fundamentally concerning. If you work in a building of 400 people and sit on your corporate wifi network then someone on the third floor you met at the coffee machine a month ago is you according to this forum. Also if you use a VPN package (I do very often) then anyone else using that spur on the same package is also you. It has very worrying potential legal implications if the assessment is really like that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Asthehills said:

These two posts from a mod are actually quite concerning if that is why those accounts were all banned.

Just to be clear, I am glad they were all banned.

However.  If the block was based on IP then they could for example all be people at the airport, or all people who work for the same business or at the same restaurant.

@Albert Tatlock there are many ways of viewing your own publicly visible IP address.

One is https://whatismyipaddress.com/

Try it from different devices attached to your router and you will get the same answer.

Herein was the point of my original concern here.

A moderator openly claiming 4 users are on the same IP is in my view, inappropriate. Know it, take action as they see fit, but disclosing it to us doesn't seem right. I'm going to start parking on Summerhill and using Frank's WiFi from now on.

2 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Don't be a moron...unique IPs per device are why your mum gets the saga holiday info she's just requested back to her device...while she doesn't get to see the shit you post on MF in your bedroom upstairs. 

Err, no not really.

Devices on an internal network (usually, depending on your definition of 'device') have different internal IP addresses. All devices inside one internal network will (usually) share the same external IP address. The router handles the translation between the two to ensure the right packets go to the right internal device.

Edited by HeliX
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Asthehills said:

He's talking bullshit.

Multiple people and devices in my house, we all have the same public IP allocated to us by our ISP. On the router we have different local IPs, yes. You and I both know that monetisation and tracking is cookie and email address based, not generally IP based.

Albert talking out of his Tatlock.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HiVibes said:

Really the clever ones who know how stuff works should perhaps go elsewhere, but its just too much fun watching the idiots on here fumbling around.

My popcorn consumption has increased dramatically since joining these forums.

• Haha 1