More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

8 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Is that not basically what Albert has disclosed here in this thread? The same point you'd have issue with?

No, its not at all. Saying a poster with more than 1 posting identities has ben suspended and that they have been caught because of their IP address posting history is very different to revealing, to an outsider, the info about all posters using a specified IP address, what that IP address is, and what their sign up e-mail is

4 hours ago, The Port Soderick Herald said:

Given the amateurish way this forum seems to be managed 

You are of course free to use another forum or indeed set up your own.

I quite enjoy the PSH btw, although I wouldn't be willing to pay for it.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, piebaps said:

You are of course free to use another forum or indeed set up your own.

I quite enjoy the PSH btw, although I wouldn't be willing to pay for it.

I wouldn’t be looking to charge just test to see if we could possibly re sell some advertising in the long run. Hence my questions above really as what I wouldn’t want is then some moderator on here jeopardizing any income by trying to claim that I was then also secretly on here contributing to any articles slagging off any other website or company just because any other poster might be in the same building, restaurant or pub as me as they weren’t that computer literate. The whole DBC thing is genuinely funny. Of all the things the terms and conditions could be twisted for it’s because of people allegedly saying that their local commissioner might be a bit shit. Who moderates these boards again? 

33 minutes ago, The Port Soderick Herald said:

I wouldn’t be looking to charge just test to see if we could possibly re sell some advertising in the long run. Hence my questions above really as what I wouldn’t want is then some moderator on here jeopardizing any income by trying to claim that I was then also secretly on here contributing to any articles slagging off any other website or company just because any other poster might be in the same building, restaurant or pub as me as they weren’t that computer literate. 

If that was a serious concern, you'd stop posting. 

• Thanks 6

28 minutes ago, Declan said:

If that was a serious concern, you'd stop posting. 

As I said it isn’t a concern more a request for clarification of the forum terms and conditions as the explanations haven’t been that competently handled so far and the moderators themselves don’t actually seem to follow the conditions they impose on other users. Maybe if they track the IP of the post I made above a convincing argument might be made that I could be a forum moderator as we were having lunch in the same place. 

1 hour ago, The Port Soderick Herald said:

The whole DBC thing is genuinely funny. Of all the things the terms and conditions could be twisted for it’s because of people allegedly saying that their local commissioner might be a bit shit. Who moderates these boards again? 

…and there it is…took a while but we got there in the end…

Edited by Jarndyce
Addition
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

As I said it isn’t a concern more a request for clarification of the forum terms and conditions as the explanations haven’t been that competently handled so far and the moderators themselves don’t actually seem to follow the conditions they impose on other users. Maybe if they track the IP of the post I made above a convincing argument might be made that I could be a forum moderator as we were having lunch in the same place. 

Members will have E-mail and IP Address recorded when they join, a confirmatory e-mail will be sent, and their IP Address logged each time they access the board, this is for security and tracking purposes. IP and E-mail address information may be disclosed without notice in response to complaints about posts, threats of or actual litigation. By using the Classified, Forums, or Chat Rooms and agreeing the Terms & Conditions / Rules, you have specifically consented to disclosure.’

This is all the clarification that you need. This is what you agreed and consented to when you signed up. 

10 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Members will have E-mail and IP Address recorded when they join, a confirmatory e-mail will be sent, and their IP Address logged each time they access the board, this is for security and tracking purposes. IP and E-mail address information may be disclosed without notice in response to complaints about posts, threats of or actual litigation. By using the Classified, Forums, or Chat Rooms and agreeing the Terms & Conditions / Rules, you have specifically consented to disclosure.’

I can read it is you who seem to be deliberately mis understanding my point regarding tracking and IP addresses and apparent moderator stalking. See above. It would appear that the people moderating this forum don’t appear to follow their own terms and conditions. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, The Port Soderick Herald said:

I can read it is you who seem to be deliberately mis understanding my point regarding tracking and IP addresses and apparent moderator stalking. See above. It would appear that the people moderating this forum don’t appear to follow their own terms and conditions. 

Not sure about your point.  It has been explained about use of IP addresses as sensible management.  As for your point about using public wifi coincidentally at the same time as another poster and so being mistaken as being their alter ego, I don't follow your logic.  As for stalking, how can any anonymous member be stalked?

How have the T&Cs not been observed? 

As I said before, publish the SPH under your own name or, as others have said, don't post on here.

• Like 1

You had a point last night about the total misunderstanding of what a users IP address discloses to the mods.

The more you post today the more you are just blabbering on about an issue that doesn’t really seem to exist.

• Like 2