More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

Many congratulations to Frank ''Amadeus'' Schuengel on his appointment last month to the Vice-Chairmanship of the DBC powerful Regeneration and Community Committee. 

It's great that he has the time for  all the representation of his constituents and all the Council activities as well as his main day job and his multiple Social media and other online activities. 

And it is very impressive and surely most auspicious that he still continues as the very long-serving and as such the senior Moderator of these independent and always objectively and fairly run forums. One of only two Moderators. 

All the Douglas ratepayers and especially all of his South Douglas Constituents (unfortunately all of them are a long way from the constituency in which he lives) and all of the members and viewers of Manx Forums owe Frank a great big thank you for all the things that he does and has done for them.  All of his very many achievements in these roles have all clearly been for their very great benefit.

Edited by Cassie2

46 minutes ago, Cassie2 said:

he still continues as the very long-serving Moderator of these (supposedly) independent and objectively fairly run forums. He is of course also by far the senior moderator and one of only two Moderators.

Easy - volunteer to be a moderator.    Then you can ameliorate the worst of his excesses from the inside, while also tilting the “moderator balance” away from DBC.

eta: some nice editing, by the way!

Edited by Jarndyce
eta
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Cassie2 said:

independent and always objectively and fairly run forums. One of only two Moderators. 

Lol. It's obvious that Amadeus sees MF as a vehicle to help him get a seat in the House of Keys and the forums are quite heavily (if subtly) edited with that purpose in mind. There's nothing wrong with that, anyone is at liberty to start their own board with similar ambitions but it doesn't do any harm to realise it. As for only two moderators, there are only two visible moderators yeah, but there have always been further invisible ones. I'd bet there still are. One sees unusual activity. 

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Easy - volunteer to be a moderator.    Then you can ameliorate the worst of his excesses from the inside, while also tilting the “moderator balance” away from DBC......................

There is no valid reason why that should be any sort of a pre-condition at any time for anyone at all to comment on the existing one.

I like most of your posts and I have learned some good things from them and have also adjusted some opinions. But when you jump in with comments like that - in effect just nitpicking and trying to undermine and squash another person's totally valid opinions like this I can't help but lose a lot of respect for you. A great pity that.

6 minutes ago, Cassie2 said:

There is no valid reason why that should be any sort of a pre-condition at any time for anyone at all to comment on the existing one.

I didn’t suggest any precondition to any comment - I just made a suggestion.

8 minutes ago, Cassie2 said:

when you jump in with comments like that - in effect just nitpicking and trying to undermine and squash another person's totally valid opinions like this I can't help but lose a lot of respect for you.

Its a shame if you feel like that - but I did no such thing.   I made a suggestion - politely - which you are free to follow or ignore as you see fit.   I’m surprised that such a mild comment from me undermined and squashed your opinions - but if that’s the case, then of course I apologise for it.   I didn’t join the MF to undermine anyone’s beliefs or opinions.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

.................. I’m surprised that such a mild comment from me undermined and squashed your opinions - but if that’s the case, then of course I apologise for it.   I didn’t join the MF to undermine anyone’s beliefs or opinions.

Good. Accepted of course and thanks.

10 hours ago, La Colombe said:

Lol. It's obvious that Amadeus sees MF as a vehicle to help him get a seat in the House of Keys and the forums are quite heavily (if subtly) edited with that purpose in mind. There's nothing wrong with that, anyone is at liberty to start their own board with similar ambitions but it doesn't do any harm to realise it. As for only two moderators, there are only two visible moderators yeah, but there have always been further invisible ones. I'd bet there still are. One sees unusual activity. 

You need to get out more. You also clearly don't understand how politics on this island works and you read too much into stuff. Amusing in a way, but also sad. 

11 hours ago, Cassie2 said:

Many congratulations to Frank ''Amadeus'' Schuengel on his appointment last month to the Vice-Chairmanship of the DBC powerful Regeneration and Community Committee. 

It's great that he has the time for  all the representation of his constituents and all the Council activities as well as his main day job and his multiple Social media and other online activities. 

And it is very impressive and surely most auspicious that he still continues as the very long-serving and as such the senior Moderator of these independent and always objectively and fairly run forums. One of only two Moderators. 

All the Douglas ratepayers and especially all of his South Douglas Constituents (unfortunately all of them are a long way from the constituency in which he lives) and all of the members and viewers of Manx Forums owe Frank a great big thank you for all the things that he does and has done for them.  All of his very many achievements in these roles have all clearly been for their very great benefit.

Jeez, you took the time to type all that? Just to be clear: I won't pay rent to live in your head.

By the way, you missed that I resigned from the (much more powerful) housing committee to allow another member, who I know has more time and passion for this extremely important topic, to take my place.

10 hours ago, La Colombe said:

Lol. It's obvious that Amadeus sees MF as a vehicle to help him get a seat in the House of Keys and the forums are quite heavily (if subtly) edited with that purpose in mind. 

Well it’s not obvious to me and I don’t know how you come to that conclusion.

Its not like the word on the street is that MF is any influencer of public opinion.

The average man, woman, or transgender person on the Crosby omnibus has probably never heard of MF

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Amadeus said:

........By the way, you missed that I resigned from the (much more powerful) housing committee to allow another member, who I know has more time and passion for this extremely important topic, to take my place.

I did not in fact miss that but many congratulations on that news too.

Let's hope nobody will miss your, and Falk Horning's, sterling efforts at more Germany type policies in a very non-German Manx setting - as you have referred to in support of their justification and commented on so very favourably. Specifically in the matter of DBC's mega bins collection policy change. And its endless debacles.

Yes indeed. Congratulations certainly must be in order - so very well done you. Lest anyone forgets.

Edited by Cassie2
  • Like 1

Interesting behaviour by DBC's Mr Councillor Frank Schuengel (aka Amadeus and co-moderator of these forums)

Amadeus (Frank Schuengel) Veteran:

Read as far as “unelected”. You’re on mute now. Bye. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cassie2: 
  21 minutes ago, Amadeus said: Read as far as “unelected”. You’re on mute now. Bye. 

Is that also a democratic German style thing or what?

You are the long-serving and Senior Admin of Local supposed Discussion Forums but you seem to not be cut out for that role. Maybe you have real mental issues and if so that should be addressed in your own best interests.

Edited by Cassie2

26 minutes ago, Cassie2 said:

Interesting behaviour by DBC's Mr Councillor Frank Schuengel (aka Amadeus and co-moderator of these forums)

Amadeus (Frank Schuengel) Veteran:

Read as far as “unelected”. You’re on mute now. Bye. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cassie2: 
  21 minutes ago, Amadeus said: Read as far as “unelected”. You’re on mute now. Bye. 

Is that also a democratic German style thing or what?

You are the long-serving and Senior Admin of Local supposed Discussion Forums but you seem to not be cut out for that role. Maybe you have real mental issues and if so that should be addressed in your own best interests.

maybe he had to rush off to move his car.

Edited by WTF
  • Haha 1