More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

3 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Do the pen pushers at City Hall still look after the water feature at the end of Athol Street?

Walked past at lunchtime and the water is a lovely shade of green

"Bio-Diversity".

It's the new world.

• Haha 1

On 6/8/2023 at 7:40 AM, Broadcasterman said:

That didn’t happen then I take it. Also your “source” appears to have their facts wrong or just twisting for convenience. The brewery called the police. No wonder DBC aren’t interested as it appears to be a civil matter between the 2 parties…

15 minutes ago, Satan666 said:

That didn’t happen then I take it. Also your “source” appears to have their facts wrong or just twisting for convenience. The brewery called the police. No wonder DBC aren’t interested as it appears to be a civil matter between the 2 parties…

I think this poster has vanished along with a few others who were the same person , however one of the main idiots is back offshore ManxMan!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

I think this poster has vanished along with a few others who were the same person , however one of the main idiots is back offshore ManxMan!!!

That’s harsh. Just because he may have a different opinion doesn’t make him an idiot. It’s good to have differing views, just maybe not so negative sometimes. Likewise too many islanders form their opinion and then stick to their guns come hell or high water. Nothing wrong with someone raising their hands and saying yep, you’re right I was wrong.

3 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

They just don’t seem to learn do they? Perhaps it shows what they think of their ratepayers though as it’s even annoyed one of their councillors. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/councillor-slams-derogatory-wording-in-job-advert/

That’s a load of crap and he is just making himself look stupid.  As is anyone else who tries to use that as a way to bash DBC.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

That’s a load of crap and he is just making himself look stupid.  As is anyone else who tries to use that as a way to bash DBC.

Is there anyone of sufficient intelligence who can draw up an advertisement without ‘offending’ anybody. Better still it’s assumed that whoever draws up a job advertisement has adequate English language skills?

10 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

It is a bit off to describe your customers (who pay your wages BTW) as being difficult.

Except they didn’t, but why let the facts get in the way of anything.

”Difficult” or “challenging” are both routine adjectives used in customer service roles to describe certain situations.

Anyone who is “offended” has clearly never worked in customer-facing roles, otherwise they’d know “difficult” is being polite.

50 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Is there anyone of sufficient intelligence who can draw up an advertisement without ‘offending’ anybody

The intellectual difficulties tend to be more with those who are “offended” by everything.

I’ll bet Councillor Pitts has privately described some of his more regular correspondents in more colourful terms.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Asthehills said:

When I saw the headline, I immediatley assumed that the 'councillor' involved would be that little twat Devon Watson. I thought that Pitts had more common sense.

He seems to use the reason that some Councillors may be in council houses and that was one of the reasons he thought it may be offensive.  So if no councillors lived in councillors housing, it would be fine?

A lot of fuss over nothing, dealing with customers in any strata is always challenging. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, offshoremanxman said:

You don’t really need to explicitly point out that some customers might be difficult. Anyone in a customer facing role will know that. Highlighting the fact that some customers are difficult would seem to be the issue as DBC seems to regard most of the customers who they can’t hoodwink or bully as “difficult” 

Grow up ffs.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Gladys said:

He seems to use the reason that some Councillors may be in council houses and that was one of the reasons he thought it may be offensive.  So if no councillors lived in councillors housing, it would be fine?

A lot of fuss over nothing, dealing with customers in any strata is always challenging. 

It could have been worded differently. Instead of calling customers challenging, it could have said that the post holder would have to deal and liaise with councillors, tenants and stakeholders. I would say that tenants being challenging, may be down to the fact that tenants aren’t getting their repairs done or done on time. Lashing out due to frustration, so the post holder needs to show understanding and empathy. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

They just don’t seem to learn do they? Perhaps it shows what they think of their ratepayers though as it’s even annoyed one of their councillors. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/councillor-slams-derogatory-wording-in-job-advert/

It's a lot better wording than the adverts for moderators on here...a much wider variety of interesting nouns in those 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2