More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

7 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

They just don’t seem to learn do they? Perhaps it shows what they think of their ratepayers though as it’s even annoyed one of their councillors. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/councillor-slams-derogatory-wording-in-job-advert/

Every time that guy is in the news he's talking absolute bollocks. Biligerent bollocks at that. And yet all the crap get thrown at Bentley and Devon and Amadeus.

• Like 3

I see a young family is now being singled out because of speaking out about the councillors and that they are now continually ignoring their bins . They live on my road and they have young children . I was speaking to him yesterday and it's not fair . The family in question has nowhere to store rubbish at this point yet the refuge department he can't get in touch with (which I also tried) nor get one of the councillors to acknowledge his problem . 

This has happened too them twice in recent weeks and I've seen it first hand . He is very vocal about the councillors and its clearly a vendetta . Are you actually going to help him Frank ? Or is he meant to have nowhere to store rubbish ? I've offered the family to take their bin too the town hall but they don't want to cause problems . This is just not on

1 hour ago, Manxieover65 said:

I see a young family is now being singled out because of speaking out about the councillors and that they are now continually ignoring their bins . They live on my road and they have young children . I was speaking to him yesterday and it's not fair . The family in question has nowhere to store rubbish at this point yet the refuge department he can't get in touch with (which I also tried) nor get one of the councillors to acknowledge his problem . 

This has happened too them twice in recent weeks and I've seen it first hand . He is very vocal about the councillors and its clearly a vendetta . Are you actually going to help him Frank ? Or is he meant to have nowhere to store rubbish ? I've offered the family to take their bin too the town hall but they don't want to cause problems . This is just not on

Are you suggesting that the bin collectors are being told by a councillor (or councillors) to not empty the bins from a certain address on their route? Why would the bin collectors take any notice of such instructions? What would be in it for them? 

1 minute ago, Zarley said:

Are you suggesting that the bin collectors are being told by a councillor (or councillors) to not empty the bins from a certain address on their route? Why would the bin collectors take any notice of such instructions? What would be in it for them? 

I'd imagine their job . I'm definitely saying that is the case . The poor family have had this twice in the last three visits . Seems a bit of a coincidence the father is quite vocal about the council then it's their's and only their's not picked up ?

I'm unsure why they've not even bothered to respond to the poor family if it's not a vendetta . They've literally emailed every Councillor and not one reply .They have no way of getting rid of any rubbish currently . 

This as the family have said is the very reason no one would put addresses on the petitions Frank requested because they are clearly making life difficult for people 

6 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Are you suggesting that the bin collectors are being told by a councillor (or councillors) to not empty the bins from a certain address on their route? 

You don’t know the half of it. People and management are openly being that vindictive. It is hard to describe the sort of nasty toxic people involved here. But of course if people do they will likely get banned from this forum anyway and nobody will know what’s really going on. 

Just now, Ronrico said:

You don’t know the half of it. People and management are openly being that vindictive. It is hard to describe the sort of nasty toxic people involved here. But of course if people do they will likely get banned from this forum anyway and nobody will know what’s really going on. 

Sadly the family are actually at a point where he's speaking out then worrying worse will happen to them . They are literally their landlords . Any advice I can give them to get this resolved as they just want a bin to use . They've got young children .  I suggested putting it in bin bags next to the full bin but again they are scared they'll get into trouble .  Rightly or wrong if recycling is the way to go , young families shouldn't have to live in fear from councillors making life difficult for them . They claim they are there too help yet they cannot get in touch with anyone to help them

3 minutes ago, Manxieover65 said:

Sadly the family are actually at a point where he's speaking out then worrying worse will happen to them . They are literally their landlords . Any advice I can give them to get this resolved as they just want a bin to use . They've got young children .  I suggested putting it in bin bags next to the full bin but again they are scared they'll get into trouble .  Rightly or wrong if recycling is the way to go , young families shouldn't have to live in fear from councillors making life difficult for them . They claim they are there too help yet they cannot get in touch with anyone to help them

I'll take things that never happened for 500 please.

4 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I'll take things that never happened for 500 please.

Would you like to visit westmoreland road and have a look for yourself . If you'd like to ask the neighbours if their bin was out they'll happily discuss . I can also privately send you the chain of emails the young family has sent since yesterday to which all are ignored.  But yes it didn't happen . Its alright pal your not the poor family with no bin once again , all in the name of recycling. 

Infact your also not someone that has to live in fear of egotistical councillors who are literally getting away with hassling people who don't follow their views . Once again I'll ask anyone on here if there's any advice you can give which I can pass onto the family . 

They've rang the refuge place which is constantly engaged . They've emailed every councillor which have all been ignored . They just need a bin 

Edited by Manxieover65
Wrong file

Glad I don't live in Douglas. 🤦🏻‍♀️

It’s 100% happening hence all the noise and suspensions on this forum in relation to any form of negative comment. The egos at play are simply incredible and it’s open bullying in some cases by council workers and reinforced by management and councillors. No wonder they’re so concerned they’re blocking content on here to remove peoples voices. 

Glad I don't live in Douglas. 🤦🏻‍♀️

They probably are not all bad . I actually think most of the councillors are nice people . It's just a shame they are ignoring this family . Would take them five minutes to at least let them know they'd look into it . 

Look it might genuinely be a case of them being unlucky and it's a mistake but the father in question is very vocal about them and comes across badly at times . But they just need to help them . The wife is in bits about leaving rubbish in the home around the children . 

Honestly this is happening , and if Frank reads this , please at least have the common decency to contact the mother.  That's all I'm asking . Surely there's no reason to ignore them if it's innocent 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ronrico said:

It’s 100% happening hence all the noise and suspensions on this forum in relation to any form of negative comment. The egos at play are simply incredible and it’s open bullying in some cases by council workers and reinforced by management and councillors. No wonder they’re so concerned they’re blocking content on here to remove peoples voices. 

Maybe if some people weren't so nasty when voicing their concerns they wouldn't have that problem. 

Anyway, please don't further involve me in your vitriol. You're obviously a "new" account but not a new poster. I want no part in it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Manxieover65 said:

Would you like to visit westmoreland road and have a look for yourself . If you'd like to ask the neighbours if their bin was out they'll happily discuss . I can also privately send you the chain of emails the young family has sent since yesterday to which all are ignored.  But yes it didn't happen . Its alright pal your not the poor family with no bin once again , all in the name of recycling. 

Infact your also not someone that has to live in fear of egotistical councillors who are literally getting away with hassling people who don't follow their views . Once again I'll ask anyone on here if there's any advice you can give which I can pass onto the family . 

They've rang the refuge place which is constantly engaged . They've emailed every councillor which have all been ignored . They just need a bin 

sounds like its time for a camera then. get mouldy moulton down there on emptying day to document what does and doesn't go on.

Edited by WTF