More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

7 minutes ago, Manxieover65 said:

They probably are not all bad . I actually think most of the councillors are nice people . It's just a shame they are ignoring this family . Would take them five minutes to at least let them know they'd look into it . 

Look it might genuinely be a case of them being unlucky and it's a mistake but the father in question is very vocal about them and comes across badly at times . But they just need to help them . The wife is in bits about leaving rubbish in the home around the children . 

Honestly this is happening , and if Frank reads this , please at least have the common decency to contact the mother.  That's all I'm asking . Surely there's no reason to ignore them if it's innocent 

Yes, it is a shame. And I'm sure you're correct that they're not all bad, though I'm still glad I don't live in Douglas.

17 minutes ago, WTF said:

sounds like its time for a camera then. get mouldy moulton down there on emptying day to document what does and doesn't go on.

That's a very good idea . Thank you for that . To be honest the whole street are going to all put bin bags onto the floor in the back pathway I think until the families bin is emptied.  That way they cannot be singled out that it was them . Bit of solidarity with them . It's a real sad state of affairs , roads have to band together just to protect a family from a group of councillors.  

Thanks for your time . I'll pass it on to the family to maybe suggest videoing the process in two weeks time,  although that won't help them now 

12 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Where is the bin that would have been allocated to their property?

It's in the back lane where it is left for pick up with everyone else's.  The issue is they are a big family and it's full because for the second time in three visits its been left unemptied

Edited by Manxieover65
Add

5 minutes ago, Manxieover65 said:

It's in the back lane where it is left for pick up with everyone else's.  The issue is they are a big family and it's full because for the second time in three visits its been left unemptied

Surely if the neighbours are all in support of the family and it is just one bin of stuff it’s possible to fill bin bags and either put them in other bins or take to the tip?

Obviously it’s not ideal and people shouldn’t have to but one full bin doesn’t seem insurmountable if a whole street is involved?

Good luck to them 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Manxieover65 said:

Honestly this is happening , and if Frank reads this , please at least have the common decency to contact the mother.  That's all I'm asking . Surely there's no reason to ignore them if it's innocent 

But how does he know who or how to contact?  A lot of people may be mailing him about rubbish collection.  If you want him to know about something you need to contact him directly and privately, not via open social media.

In any case it's not really his responsibility.  If this is the Westmoreland Drive area, that's in Douglas Central Ward and the Councillors there are supposed to deal with such local matters.  Cllr Schuengel represents Douglas South and councillors aren't really supposed to interfere in other wards.  If you email everyone, they just all tend to assume that someone else is dealing with it.

4 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

In any case it's not really his responsibility.  If this is the Westmoreland Drive area, that's in Douglas Central Ward and the Councillors there are supposed to deal with such local matters.

Interesting that two out of the three councillors for Central are Pitts and Skinner - I’m sure I read somewhere on this thread that they are the only two “half sensible” ones.   You’d think they’d have this sorted by now, if that’s the case.

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

But how does he know who or how to contact?  A lot of people may be mailing him about rubbish collection.  If you want him to know about something you need to contact him directly and privately, not via open social media.

In any case it's not really his responsibility.  If this is the Westmoreland Drive area, that's in Douglas Central Ward and the Councillors there are supposed to deal with such local matters.  Cllr Schuengel represents Douglas South and councillors aren't really supposed to interfere in other wards.  If you email everyone, they just all tend to assume that someone else is dealing with it.

They've emailed every single councillor directly for last 3 days . Not one answer back . They've also emailed the refuge department and phoned and cannot get in touch with anyone . 

I'd assume the email this morning they showed me would make it clear that nothings been done . To be clear this is the second time in three pick ups it's happened to this family , no one else's.  Its clear either the councillors or the council workers have an agenda against their home as it just can't be a coincidence.  

This just isn't fair on the family and as I've said above it's really upsetting the mother.  Although I may add the father should learn from this and not make enemies with them . 

Why most do it under a fake name like myself sadly 

8 minutes ago, Manxieover65 said:

They've emailed every single councillor directly for last 3 days . Not one answer back . They've also emailed the refuge department and phoned and cannot get in touch with anyone . 

I'd assume the email this morning they showed me would make it clear that nothings been done . To be clear this is the second time in three pick ups it's happened to this family , no one else's.  Its clear either the councillors or the council workers have an agenda against their home as it just can't be a coincidence.  

This just isn't fair on the family and as I've said above it's really upsetting the mother.  Although I may add the father should learn from this and not make enemies with them . 

Why most do it under a fake name like myself sadly 

Anyway I've let them know to try councillor skinner directly . Thanks for all your help . For what it's worth something that sounds so trivial in this day and age can really upset people and affect them differently.  I just don't want to see a family so upset about something so easy to fix . Fingers crossed they are contacted later today or first thing in the morning 

6 hours ago, Manxieover65 said:

IAre you actually going to help him Frank ? 

Is he fuck. He's too busy taking pictures of car parking spaces at the airport to be bothered about an allegation that his own public servants are conducting a vendetta against some voters.

Oh, and its refuse not refuge. The latter is a big tower thing in the bay.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Manxieover65 said:

Honestly this is happening , and if Frank reads this , please at least have the common decency to contact the mother.  That's all I'm asking .

As has been pointed out he won’t have the decency to contract her as he doesn’t care. He’s too busy making a total tit out of himself at the airport 

He’s only in it for the attention but he clearly prefers to spend his time posting shit all over the internet than undertaking any of his duties as a Douglas Councillor as he’s only using the free ride he got on Council as a means to stand for Keys next time so he can emulate Josem as Douglas’ worst and most unsuccessful general election candidate which is why he doesn’t want to be responsible for anything at DBC as it might stick to him because they’re shit. 

Edited by Clondike

10 hours ago, Manxieover65 said:

They probably are not all bad . I actually think most of the councillors are nice people . It's just a shame they are ignoring this family . Would take them five minutes to at least let them know they'd look into it . 

Look it might genuinely be a case of them being unlucky and it's a mistake but the father in question is very vocal about them and comes across badly at times . But they just need to help them . The wife is in bits about leaving rubbish in the home around the children . 

I cannot publicly comment on any details of any case or if something is accurate or not for obvious reasons, but if this is the query I think it is, then it's already being handled. I've seen the email chain. 

4 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

He’s gathering ideas. 

Don’t be surprised if DBC introduces a premium bin collection service at a premium price. 

I suspect that will be sufficient for a ban . Is it any wonder that many now chose not to post . I thought JW was bad enough ( BTW banned me for "spamming"  🤣) , but the present mods have exceeded even my wildest expectations😂 , seldom a dry leg in this house when reading the drivel of the sites 'Marco Polo' bragging about his travels and overseas property portfolio ,   someone who claims to be a politician  and not forgetting the  'Brexit bore '..... bless:flowers:

Edited by paswt
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1