More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

On 7/19/2023 at 6:54 PM, Dirty Buggane said:

How about a friend of some one who spends there day theredoing fuck all to justify the wage they are claiming, telling them they can abandon the vehicle there you won't get a ticket. Even though you would be parking on the pavement. 

No. 

anyway, doesn’t Douglas Beach look great in summer? 

9AB658F0-BD7F-469F-8053-17CEA7DA7AED.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

An absolute belter by DBC grabbed from Facebook. What a way to deal with someone paying rates that actually fund your wages. We are spending too much time dealing with your situation that we don’t want to sort out so we can’t be bothered in future as you’ve sent us 4.5 emails ia week and you’ve upset our staff by criticizing us on Facebook 😂😂

A32FD563-0C73-452C-930F-53AF6575734F.jpeg

Edited by offshoremanxman

14 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

An absolute belter by DBC grabbed from Facebook. What a way to deal with someone paying rates that actually fund your wages. We are spending too much time dealing with your situation that we don’t want to sort out so we can’t be bothered in future as you’ve sent us 4.5 emails ia week and you’ve upset our staff by criticizing us on Facebook 😂

It's difficult to reach an informed opinion based on the one-sided information provided, but that's never stopped me before. This guy sounds like exactly the sort of person DBC's policy is rightly designed to cover, and I doubt I'd have been so polite had it been me drafting the letter.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sheldon said:

It's difficult to reach an informed opinion based on the one-sided information provided, but that's never stopped me before. This guy sounds like exactly the sort of person DBC's policy is rightly designed to cover, and I doubt I'd have been so polite had it been me drafting the letter.

Or someone trying to get a resolution from an organization they fund who has hit a brick wall and now they have found a legal way to tell him to fuck off and do nothing because they don’t want to do anything.

Just now, offshoremanxman said:

Or someone trying to get a resolution from an organization they fund who has hit a brick wall and now they have found a legal way to tell him to fuck off and do nothing because they don’t want to do anything.

Could be, but I suspect it really is more about the opportunity cost of dealing with excessive correspondence from one person, however rightfully aggrieved, just like the letter says.

10 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

Isn’t he the guy who took a wheelie bin down to the Town hall, allegedly  because of the commercial bins at the Rosemount which he says are always overflowing? He seems to blame that on DBC fortnightly bin collections rather than a commercial organisation’s waste not being cleared as frequently as it should.

There was quite a debate on here at the time and he tried an FoI/GDPR subject request on Manx Forums asking how much info was held by MF on him, and how many times his name had been mentioned and by whom, and their personal details.

He was given short shrift. A GDPR compliant answer, but short shrift.

As the request was addressed to MF and DBC I assume they had to deal with it as well. Some of the requests were extremely vague and open ended date wise. Others would have required GDPR breaches to answer. And as he wasn’t a signed up poster, as far as the admin could ascertain, MF held nothing. He was invited to disclose his posting name so admin could cross check and answer what was held. He didn’t respond.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Seems like a polite, reasonable response given that this isn’t even a DBC issue. What else could they have done in dealing with someone making unreasonable demands. They already seems to have spent enough time on this one individual. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Part of the reply he posted seems fairly categoric. Let’s see if DBC are back in the papers this week after the “stolen” bin saga they bullied this guy with last time. 

172D8B3B-0080-4D04-BF65-AAF32FBFC8A7.jpeg

But his dispute is with the owners/managers of the commercial premises, not with DBC. I’m sure he doesn’t understand that.

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

But his dispute is with the owners/managers of the commercial premises, not with DBC. I’m sure he doesn’t understand that.

No he’s laid it out fully on Facebook. He’s citing breaches of bylaws and fire regulations which they have turned a blind eye to.

56 minutes ago, John Wright said:

There was quite a debate on here at the time and he tried an FoI/GDPR subject request on Manx Forums asking how much info was held by MF on him, and how many times his name had been mentioned and by whom, and their personal details.

He was given short shrift. A GDPR compliant answer, but short shrift.

On this very thread indeed.   Presumably you directed him to the search facility.

It's a characteristic of these sort of people that they simultaneously believe they deserve the undivided attention and efforts of everyone they come across and that they refuse to do anything themselves.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

On this very thread indeed.   Presumably you directed him to the search facility.

It's a characteristic of these sort of people that they simultaneously believe they deserve the undivided attention and efforts of everyone they come across and that they refuse to do anything themselves.

Yet again it’s interesting what info ex moderators have access to. 

• Haha 1