More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

2 hours ago, code99 said:

IMHO, out of control:  "Douglas Council spends more than £200k on advocates in the last financial year". What did ratepayers get for this expenditure...?

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/douglas-council-spends-more-than-200k-on-advocates-in-the-last-financial-year/

One of their wheelie bins removed from the Town Hall foyer?

7 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

One of their wheelie bins removed from the Town Hall foyer?

Probably more likely getting tenants hoofed out for not paying rent and other reasons. I guess the frequent court cases will require legal counsel and support?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

Probably more likely getting tenants hoofed out for not paying rent and other reasons. I guess the frequent court cases will require legal counsel and support?

I thought the reason they employed a legally qualified  town clerk (LLB) was so they could deal with these minor legal matters in house like they used to be and save the ratepayer money , this does not sound like German efficiency ! come on councillors sort it out !

9 hours ago, Omobono said:

I thought the reason they employed a legally qualified  town clerk (LLB) was so they could deal with these minor legal matters in house like they used to be and save the ratepayer money , this does not sound like German efficiency ! come on councillors sort it out !

I’ve no idea and have no inside knowledge, I was just hazarding a guess at what the costs might be.

Dont you think it’s a bit of a cheap shot using someone’s race against them and suggesting the entire city council is run by one individual. Criticise the organisation as much as you want but it’s time these personal attacks came to an end. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Omobono said:

In my 40+ years as an advocate the Corpie has never dealt with possession claims or prosecutions, or litigation, in house.

• Thanks 1

I’ve no idea and have no inside knowledge, I was just hazarding a guess at what the costs might be.

Dont you think it’s a bit of a cheap shot using someone’s race against them and suggesting the entire city council is run by one individual. Criticise the organisation as much as you want but it’s time these personal attacks came to an end. 

It's cheap, tiresome and mainly irrelevant to the point when brought up.

• Like 1

I 100% agree with you. This is what Amadeus wrote in Airport threat:

“What exactly were red sonya and spackman paid for?”

When I questioned £60,000 to be spent from Councils’ Reserves including £9,000 on recycling video and £10,000 on promotional material to households to explain recycling policy (even though the Council Leader insisted in a public meeting last year that “everybody” in the community knew about the policy), he wrote: “When did you last have a hug?”

It appears that he can dish it out but he can’t take it. As a passenger/ customer of the Airport it is his prerogative to criticise their services. In a democracy, it is perfectly acceptable for Local Authority ratepayers to be satisfied or dissatisfied with the level of services that their Local Authority is providing. There are ample examples in the UK of what happens when Local Authorities become unaccountable about their finances and run amuck.

Clearly, any personal abuse, name calling and insults are unacceptable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I think you will find the borough is run by 1 to 2 People. Just like the council was run by David Christian for many a year, still not sure why he left so quietly. Its an enigma wrapped in a conundrum shrouded in mystery ? 

12 minutes ago, code99 said:

It appears that he can dish it out but he can’t take it.

I would agree entirely with you on that. The examples you have given are disgraceful and not the responses anyone would wish for from a professional representative of a city council. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

I think you will find the borough is run by 1 to 2 People. Just like the council was run by David Christian for many a year, still not sure why he left so quietly. Its an enigma wrapped in a conundrum shrouded in mystery ? 

DBC probably got fed up having to make the massive amounts of payouts to ex employees that he’d crossed swords with. They all add up. Perhaps him going quietly was a lot less embarrassing than him having to face a tribunal. 

58 minutes ago, code99 said:

I 100% agree with you. This is what Amadeus wrote in Airport threat:

“What exactly were red sonya and spackman paid for?”

When I questioned £60,000 to be spent from Councils’ Reserves including £9,000 on recycling video and £10,000 on promotional material to households to explain recycling policy (even though the Council Leader insisted in a public meeting last year that “everybody” in the community knew about the policy), he wrote: “When did you last have a hug?”

It appears that he can dish it out but he can’t take it. As a passenger/ customer of the Airport it is his prerogative to criticise their services. In a democracy, it is perfectly acceptable for Local Authority ratepayers to be satisfied or dissatisfied with the level of services that their Local Authority is providing. There are ample examples in the UK of what happens when Local Authorities become unaccountable about their finances and run amuck.

Clearly, any personal abuse, name calling and insults are unacceptable.

as corporal jones said, they don't like it up 'em