More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

I agree there is no need for a green bin at all. Nobody else has them. The point is this is being sold as not being a reduction in service when it is very clearly a reduction in service. 

No, the point is a large amount of garden waste should never have gone into the normal waste bin anyway.  It would never have crossed my mind to fill successive bins with garden waste, particularly when the volume is so much like during the autumn clear up.   It should have been taken to the tip regardless of what the recycling or bin collections were. 

Would you expect them to take away a fridge if you could fit it in the bin? 

3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

No, the point is a large amount of garden waste should never have gone into the normal waste bin anyway.  It would never have crossed my mind to fill successive bins with garden waste, particularly when the volume is so much like during the autumn clear up.   It should have been taken to the tip regardless of what the recycling or bin collections were. 

Would you expect them to take away a fridge if you could fit it in the bin? 

WHOOP WHOOP, IT'S THE SOUND OF DA BIN POLICE! 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Gizo said:
3 hours ago, monasqueen said:

There = not here

They're = they are

Try their, as in.... their green bin, and their green shite.

Sorry. I was taught English at school. I'll get my coat.

Agreed though, why should it just be DBC who supplies green bins? 

When using grammar as an argument it proves that I am correct.

No, it doesn’t; although, in this case, the respondent was actually agreeing with you.

13 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

WHOOP WHOOP, IT'S THE SOUND OF DA BIN POLICE! 

No, its not.  I have no intention of inspecting bins, just pointing out what is a reasonable expectation and use of a public waste disposal service. 

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 1

I applied by phone for a two bin exemption about three weeks ago. I chased them a week ago by e-mail. They are sending round the bin police tomorrow to assess my need.

How wasteful of time and resources is this policy and implementation. Why not just promote and improve the recycling.

9 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Yes it’s wasteful they should just let you buy or use an extra bin on the presumption that you wouldn’t buy one or put one out if you didn’t actually need one. The bin police routine is pretty much a joke. You’re lucky to get an appointment tomorrow as for a while it was weeks and weeks to secure a bin police inquisition into your personal wastefulness. 

We’ve had two bins for 15 years.

I copied in Mr. Cllr. Amadeus into my e-mail!

id prefer a series of wheelie bins. One for glass, one for plastic, one for paper/card, emptied monthly

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

We’ve had two bins for 15 years.

I copied in Mr. Cllr. Amadeus into my e-mail!

id prefer a series of wheelie bins. One for glass, one for plastic, one for paper/card, emptied monthly

That would work for those with big enough gardens.

The issue we have is that the sorting is done at the point of collection. Many councils use a single bin but then sort it back at base. Like you say, the only way around is to have seperate bins then they could use the crusher type vehicles with the wheelie lifters.

Or start over.

Just now, Happier diner said:

That would work for those with big enough gardens.

The issue we have is that the sorting is done at the point of collection. Many councils use a single bin but then sort it back at base. Like you say, the only way around is to have seperate bins then they could use the crusher type vehicles with the wheelie lifters.

Or start over.

In Spain and Bulgaria there are no household collections. There are frequent street collection points for different types of waste. Some are sunk into the ground. 

• Like 1