More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

29 minutes ago, Manxieover65 said:

More the power these clowns use against others . They are bullies plain and simple . Bins is just one example of their utter uselessness . How about supporting building a new apartment block with no parking thus causing havoc for their constituents? Nothing to do with a couple of them involved in EGaming and Bitcoin etc . Convinced at this point at least two are planted there to get things passed to suit their ESG nonsense.  Frank and Co don't fool me . 

As for the bins it's pretty important to people , lots are struggling with it , Douglas is scruffy as because of it and I'll bet my everything I own its costing them more to cover up how useless an idea it was.  I'd have nothing against them if they took the petition and actually looked into it , instead of just refusing to read it hey Frank ? Then calling a meeting to tell everyone we are in charge and its staying . Thankfully not for too long when they'll be ousted when they actually need votes to get in . Then Frank can try the goverment route again and get his arse kicked by Josem . 

So much anger. No idea why you're mentioning bitcoin and new buildings. Strange thing is: I meet a fair view people who visit the island or move here and most say how nice and clean it is compared to where they came from (mostly UK / IRE). Oh, and if you think people will rush to stand for council, I think you'll be in for a bit of a surprise. 

8 hours ago, Kopek said:

Will you export the Range Rover? Or  scrap it????  and get it out of circulation?

Wish you luck in your up dating of Dlas council??

I have never and will never drive a Range Rover. I prefer cars that make it to the destination. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The problems do not lie with the elected, the problems lie with the culture and staff imported from the central Govt CS.

They aspire to their LAs being a microcosm of Govt and the town clerks retain a close contact with, culture of and report back to their central brethren.

• Like 1

There was a person on Douglas beach this morning dressed in fluorescent all in one with a very large backpack, a full mask covering head a bit like the uniforms that the covid spraying people wore during the pandemic. Was this a spoof?  It certainly made an impact on some lady dog walkers, heard several comments but mostly everyone is puzzled. Is there something we haven't been told about? 🤔  Or it could be just someone with a severe allergy? 🤔 

It wasn’t one of the men out and about spraying poison on the weeds was it ?    They are everywhere at the moment, and if the stuff they are using is a lethal as reported they will need to be well covered up.    They wear large back packs with the poison inside one gentleman was telling me that they are really heavy especially in the heat.    Some people have awful jobs 🥲 .

1 minute ago, ADELE said:

It wasn’t one of the men out and about spraying poison on the weeds was it ?    They are everywhere at the moment, and if the stuff they are using is a lethal as reported they will need to be well covered up.    They wear large back packs with the poison inside one gentleman was telling me that they are really heavy especially in the heat.    Some people have awful jobs 🥲 .

I'm not sure, they were actually on the rocks then shoreline. Walking full length of the beach. 

Yes l agree, awful job. Think you may possibly have the answer. Thank you 😊 

22 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I haven't followed this thread all the way but has anyone noticed all the bikes locked into the holders on the prom? Who owns them, and why would you leave your bike there overnight with the waves lapping over? It just seems a strange place for a bike rack?

they have been there for a while and gently rusting away , I thought they must belong to one of the hotels opposite for the use of their guests , some of the chains are almost  rusted away and the handlebars and chrome the same , they go well with the weeds and poorly maintained grass that has been enabled to develop a life of its own on the once well manicured lawns and flower beds of Queens promenade , 

Frank wants to take some pictures of these  eyesores   rather than filling facebook with Manxman pictures 

55 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I haven't followed this thread all the way but has anyone noticed all the bikes locked into the holders on the prom? Who owns them, and why would you leave your bike there overnight with the waves lapping over? It just seems a strange place for a bike rack?

Yes l've noticed it too, l think they mostly live on the promenade.  Spoken to a few recently whilst l walk my dog late evening, often they using the tyre pumps and equipment provided.  They probably may not have anywhere else to put their bikes. I know for a fact landlords are getting awkward about health and safety of storage in their building, apparently it's to do with insurance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

They put the bike rack there after people chained their bikes to the lamp posts. The bikes belongs to people living along that part of the prom and are being used all the time. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Yes l've noticed it too, l think they mostly live on the promenade.  Spoken to a few recently whilst l walk my dog late evening, often they using the tyre pumps and equipment provided.  They probably may not have anywhere else to put their bikes. I know for a fact landlords are getting awkward about health and safety of storage in their building, apparently it's to do with insurance.

Bit like the bins then and the 2 weekly refuse collection , not thought out  properly   ,and  by the way   the bike  pump and the tools on the wire are rusting away as well , what I would call an ill conceived waste of public money 

1 minute ago, Omobono said:

Bit like the bins then and the 2 weekly refuse collection , not thought out  properly   ,and  by the way   the bike  pump and the tools on the wire are rusting away as well , what I would call an ill conceived waste of public money 

I'm afraid l don't agree with you.  I do take your point about the odd abandoned cycle/scooter seen quite a few of those rotting away. 

The cycle racks are used as is the repair equipment.

I suspect everything exposed to the sea deteriorates, l know my property does, so much so,  l take extra precautions when replacing exposed metal works, which is expensive but necessary. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Omobono said:

It's just a bike rack, no less visually appealing than all the rusty shit heap cars dumped everywhere, but actually helpful to the environment and so benefits everyone.

if you are serious about ill conceived wastes of public expenditure start with the obvious large pointless expenditure like heritage transport, and needless healthcare for old people who should just be left to die naturally.

I think they are just some kind of shite art instalation as most of them appear to have a coat of mixed emulsion. With my cynicle hat cocked at a jaunty angle, they have been placed to prove what a success the alternative travel initiative has been. You can tell this due to the fact that rusted chains and bearings prove that they have never turned a wheel in anger for a long while, is it also true the cycle pumps cost in excess of £3,000 and are rusting away due to wrong specification  of stainless steel.(sounds like some one in the cs who may or not be an engineer thought I can save some money so as it will not look so bad squandering £7,000,000 on not completing the rails) in fact it looks like all the crap from the police pound so as to give the chief his own parking space off road so as to mitigate having balaclava clad armed police officers 24/7 protecting it against the organised crime lords from their headquarters in a bar in central Douglas 

Edited by Dirty Buggane
  • Haha 1