More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

On 8/14/2023 at 8:22 AM, Amadeus said:

So much anger. No idea why you're mentioning bitcoin and new buildings. Strange thing is: I meet a fair view people who visit the island or move here and most say how nice and clean it is compared to where they came from (mostly UK / IRE). Oh, and if you think people will rush to stand for council, I think you'll be in for a bit of a surprise. 

Yep I'm very angry like a lot of the people you and your mates are meant to represent . I think your the one in for a shock , I know a lot who are willing to stand and actually represent the people instead of their own views.  So don't think you'll be walking back in this time . We all know when it's a vote your not too popular . Even Josem beat you 👍.

As for these people saying how it's cleaner than the their home areas , not a hard contest is it . Doesn't mean it's not gotten worse over here since you forced Green on everyone for your mates and their ESG scores . Let's face it , you've spent more than you've saved on tidying up the mess to pretend it's been successful , providing Santon with weekly services at a loss , paying for legal advice , etc etc etc .

It's anger because I'm confused to who you actually represent.  Is it the people,  yourself or your gaming company mates and their needs 🤔 

8 hours ago, Roxanne said:

The Laxey one has had it. It got proper battered and it’s not going back in the water anytime soon. Ever. 

Gef had an interesting piece on the replacement of the raft (naturally it describes it as "iconic" - Gef's got more icons than a Greek Orthodox Cathedral) with this quote from the Commissioners' Facebook:

‘Research on the most suitable type of raft will have to be undertaken carefully due to the particular conditions in Laxey Bay, even in summer. A new raft built to the same specification as the last could be an option as the Commissioners were able to successfully maintain that design for many decades: it has proved durable and cost-effective to run.

‘Previously, in 2017, the board asked the office to make enquiries about floating swimming pontoons but we were generally advised that these would not be suitable for Laxey Bay – even in summer. At the time, one manufacturer stated,: “Floating pontoons can be installed in a water area limited by a pier or on a naturally well-protected beach. On an open beach or coast, the pontoon does not withstand the forces of nature.”

which other, more recent adopters might consider.

6 hours ago, Omobono said:

if its seen a lot of use then [Amadeus] would have been  bombarding us with the pictures ? 

If you want a website where strangers post semi-naked pictures of other people's children, I think you might be in the wrong place.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Manxieover65 said:

I know a lot who are willing to stand and actually represent the people instead of their own views.

Excellent, excellent: this is what I’ve been arguing for!   I guarantee that I will read every manifesto I am sent and discuss the issues with every candidate who knocks on my door.

How many do you know of - planning to stand at the next local election?   Are they spread around the different wards?   Are there enough of them to force change on the Stalinist block of faceless town hall mandarins?

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

I wonder who the mystery “Mr D” is?   That’s a hard cypher to crack - given all the supporting information…

Mr D said he wasn’t on Facebook and Mrs D said despite having it she wouldn’t use it to look for council notifications.  However, at the time of the report, Mr D did have a social media presence and was using it to publicise his views.

😁

On 8/22/2023 at 10:11 AM, Omobono said:

if its seen a lot of use then you would have been  bombarding us with the pictures ? 

There are picture around. Your anti DBC blinkers may have prevented you from seeing them. 

19 hours ago, Manxieover65 said:

Yep I'm very angry like a lot of the people you and your mates are meant to represent . I think your the one in for a shock , I know a lot who are willing to stand and actually represent the people instead of their own views.  So don't think you'll be walking back in this time . We all know when it's a vote your not too popular . Even Josem beat you 👍.

As for these people saying how it's cleaner than the their home areas , not a hard contest is it . Doesn't mean it's not gotten worse over here since you forced Green on everyone for your mates and their ESG scores . Let's face it , you've spent more than you've saved on tidying up the mess to pretend it's been successful , providing Santon with weekly services at a loss , paying for legal advice , etc etc etc .

It's anger because I'm confused to who you actually represent.  Is it the people,  yourself or your gaming company mates and their needs 🤔 

Oh dear where do we start.

I’m not going to be in for a shock because I’m not planning on standing again. But I truly welcome increased interest from others who want to get involved in politics. I think you may be shocked how many people claim they will stand and then realise the commitment and disappear come actual election time. 

Ah good old Michael Josem, who lost more elections than me and still won’t tell us who financed him. Not sure I would want someone like him representing me at any level. Funny he never stood for local authorities even though he could have walked in on numerous ones. Could it be he’s in it for the money and not the politics? 

I’m not forcing green on anyone and am certainly not a hardcore greenie. But if a place is 20 plus years behind everywhere else while always boasting about how pretty nature here is then something’s not right. It’s all about balance. And on balance, Douglas is a clean and well run place with a high quality of life. It’s not perfect and never claimed to be. If you think you can do better I’m happy to help you stand for office next time.

Not sure what my dayjob has to do with his apart from it involving bringing more business and money to the island? I know DBC needs to increase transparency even more and there are battles behind closed doors about this. This isn’t the council of old but it does feel like an uphill struggle at times. 

25 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

I’m not going to be in for a shock because I’m not planning on standing again. But I truly welcome increased interest from others who want to get involved in politics. I think you may be shocked how many people claim they will stand and then realise the commitment and disappear come actual election time. 

Ah good old Michael Josem, who lost more elections than me and still won’t tell us who financed him. Not sure I would want someone like him representing me at any level. Funny he never stood for local authorities even though he could have walked in on numerous ones. Could it be he’s in it for the money and not the politics? 

I’m not forcing green on anyone and am certainly not a hardcore greenie. But if a place is 20 plus years behind everywhere else while always boasting about how pretty nature here is then something’s not right. It’s all about balance. And on balance, Douglas is a clean and well run place with a high quality of life. It’s not perfect and never claimed to be. If you think you can do better I’m happy to help you stand for office next time.

Not sure what my dayjob has to do with his apart from it involving bringing more business and money to the island? I know DBC needs to increase transparency even more and there are battles behind closed doors about this. This isn’t the council of old but it does feel like an uphill struggle at times. 

Sorry to hear, fair play for standing and actually trying to improve things despite the relentless verbal tirades against DBC in general and yourself (mixed in with bouts of xenophobia).

Not sure how Frank can be compared with Josem who was (is?) being backed by an 'anonymous' backer with their own motives.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Not forced Green on people ? That's like saying Covid Jabs were not forced on people . You either recycle or you have to drive to the tip to remove excess Rubbish . As you only get one bin fortnightly to "save" money.  Yet can afford to pick up recycling bins though . 

The only reason Douglas looks slightly clean is because knowing workers at refuse department I know for a fact they now spend countless hours cleaning them up and emptying full bins to make it look like it's working . Prove me wrong .

Also still can't understand why you were happy to do Santons bins as a council weekly at a very low figure bordering on costing Douglas more for the pleasure . Again prove me wrong 🙈 .

You seem a alright guy but from a political stand point why would I ever vote for you as a MHK for example if that's the route your going to take , when you've proven you wouldn't listen to a thousand of your constitutents and their concerns over the bins when they handed you over a petition . Even Devon stepped back from the bin saga as it was clear publicly supporting the madness would affect his future voting.

You can make YouTube videos which to be fair I enjoy for the record and point out other politician's mistakes yet you were one of the main instigators in refusing to look into the worry of a thousand people.  You refused to compromise at all . I just hope everyone remembers that . 

But for what it's worth good luck in the future with whatever it is you planning on doing and I hope the rest follow suit and decide not to run too . Because its an absolute mess if you put the bins to one side . As for standing I'd absolutely love to , but I'm less popular than you and can't spell .