More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

On 9/10/2023 at 8:27 PM, Blade Runner said:

Good video Frank.

Can I just say this one critique........

Please, for the love of god, get a dark coloured IOM TT hat, if you insist on wearing TT merchandise. 

The red one does not do you any favours, looks wise. It makes you look like a MAGA nutter from the US.

Just saying

There are very few people* who can wear a red hat and look good, it's not a dig at you.

*Mario from the Mario Bros game is about the only one I can think looks good in a red hat.

In all fairness, it could be worse he could use ex CM Howard Quayle as his style and fashion icon. Dress like Rupert Bear.

Edited by 2112

On 9/12/2023 at 7:24 PM, Passing Time said:

If you think the current crop of councilors are a waste of time, spare a thought for ratepayers of old. Just reading how Douglas Town council tried to get the then governor to prohibit the sale and use of water pistols in September 1956…

Reading where? I’m trying to find it :) 

IMG_5858.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

Reading where? I’m trying to find it :) 

Use one of these new-fangled computer thingies:

https://www.imuseum.im/Olive/APA/IsleofMan/?action=search&text=water pistol#panel=search&search=0

(Seriously there's reams of the stuff.  It was the great social menace of 1956-7.  They had to remove the cattle troughs!)

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Use one of these new-fangled computer thingies:

https://www.imuseum.im/Olive/APA/IsleofMan/?action=search&text=water pistol#panel=search&search=0

(Seriously there's reams of the stuff.  It was the great social menace of 1956-7.  They had to remove the cattle troughs!)

Have things improved? 

Imagine the chaos if you'd rocked up with a Super Soaker in the 50s!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Passing Time said:

It was an article in the centre pages of last week's local rag...

Thanks. Lucky they haven’t found the one yet where someone asked about hosting the Olympic Games on the Isle of Man… 

IMG_5868.jpeg

IMG_5869.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

In the early hours of Friday morning, 2 a.m., my dog suffered a prolonged seizure, which lasted sometime before he fell into unconsciousness. l had an emergency call to the vet throughout.  Earlier that evening, we had been on Douglas Beach. I think he may have eaten something on the beach probably seaweed.  I will consider muzzling him in the future to prevent him from eating this  bacteria-decomposing seaweed.

My dog has not recovered fully yet, he is very unwell. 

I have just heard of one other dog having a seizure whilst on the beach this week. 

Does anyone know of any others this week? 

Many thanks Lilly 

• Sad 4