More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

The British press are now warning dog owners about a poisonous type of algae that is spreading around ponds, rivers and coastal areas all over the country.    It causes fits,seizures and other horrible illnesses.    I wonder if this is the cause of dogs falling iIl lately on Douglas beach I would keep you dogs clear of it .   What a pity this once lovely beach has ended up in this state not fit for man nor beast.     I am not having a go at the council as there does not seem to be any easy answer.    The subject was brought up on Mannin Line some time ago and  I am sure, although I stand to be corrected, Wilf Young from Ramsey who apparently knows about tides said he did not think groynes would help and went onto explain why .   The extended breakwater has certainly had an effect on the tidal flow in a big way.

• Thanks 1

On 9/22/2023 at 9:45 AM, Omobono said:

then lets see the report of what you have been shown ,you are  very good at publishing youtube  clips,   lets see one that shows  how the replacement of the Groynes  have no effect on the retention of sand on the beach , either that or declare it a nature reserve and watch the birds feeding on the flies and  sand hoppers living in the seaweed, hauling the seaweed up and down the beach everyday is just a complete waste o time and ratepayers money 

The cone guy from DBC stated that groynes wouldn't make any difference, referred to a report the dbc received.  The old minutes state that it cost too much to replace them.

DOI sea defence report suggests groynes would benefit the beach.

Seems like another cost saving measure from DBC.

Screenshot_2023-09-23-18-47-59-89_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.thumb.jpg.6e239f98c6506750d998b4d0e331da57.jpg

Screenshot_2023-09-23-18-48-12-34_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

The British press are now warning dog owners about a poisonous type of algae that is spreading around ponds, rivers and coastal areas all over the country.    It causes fits,seizures and other horrible illnesses.    I wonder if this is the cause of dogs falling iIl lately on Douglas beach I would keep you dogs clear of it .   What a pity this once lovely beach has ended up in this state not fit for man nor beast.     I am not having a go at the council as there does not seem to be any easy answer.    The subject was brought up on Mannin Line some time ago and  I am sure, although I stand to be corrected, Wilf Young from Ramsey who apparently knows about tides said he did not think groynes would help and went onto explain why .   The extended breakwater has certainly had an effect on the tidal flow in a big way.

Thank you so much for the information.  My dog has still not fully recovered.   He was super-fit before his very serious seizure,  l'm hopeful he will totally recover, he gets tired very easily and is very anxious if l'm not close by.  I've had so much support from everyone asking if your both okay.   it's refreshing that people actually noticed that we are missing and they actually care.

Edited by Lilly

I see yet again Devon has gone all in again on his social media , acting like a child accusing someone of being a Nazi . Whatever your beliefs saying things like that regardless of the person involved , surely Douglas Corporation should investigate.  Along with a few of the others he's an absolute embarrassment to the city 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Manxieover65 said:

I see yet again Devon has gone all in again on his social media , acting like a child accusing someone of being a Nazi . Whatever your beliefs saying things like that regardless of the person involved , surely Douglas Corporation should investigate.  Along with a few of the others he's an absolute embarrassment to the city 

Link thingy, screen shot? 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Manxieover65 said:

Any links? or what it is over? I do find though once you start calling people Nazi's you have lost the argument 

1 hour ago, Manxieover65 said:

Who was the 'she' he was referring to? 

6 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Any links? or what it is over? I do find though once you start calling people Nazi's you have lost the argument 

Surely posting links might expose the forum to legal issues 😂