More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

28 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

With fava beans and a nice Chianti.

to give you a clue,  the headline  is misleading  , and no tenant can be evicted by a landord without first obtaining an order from the courts , a tenant my leave a property by mutual consent  or in order to carry out essential works , 

small mans syndrome reigns supreme again Seig Heil 

8 hours ago, John Wright said:

Link thingy, screen shot? 

From what I can find the only recent post I can find that might be relevent is ...

Devon Nazi.JPG

From The Mad About The Bins group.

He's basically defending himself against Hopkins allegations that he threatened the Leigon's Lovely Lydia.

The Nazi reference is a summary of his initial comments ...

"However Douglas Councillor Devon Watson said that it's unfortunate that the event's taking place in the Manx Legion Club, and highlighted some of her previous comments as to why he's against the show.

He said: 'I have a firm commitment to free speech, but this being said it is unfortunate that Katie Hopkins, who has called for “a final solution” is being hosted in a venue that partly exists to honour those who fought fascism in the Second World War. 

'She has called for “euthanasia vans” because “the UK has too many old people” and compared migrants to cockroaches.

'Pensioners and immigrants are extremely valuable to our city and it’s an insult to spread hatred against them in our community.'"

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/club-defends-hosting-hopkins-show-638278

Edited by Declan

He's a child of the internet response, could he be more introspective of his responsives, yes of course he could but he is of that generation that do not consider the wider interpretation  of their expressed views? in the short term rather than the overall view of what he is saying?

My generation would, I hope, give some tolerance to his views, put it down to not being able to express his view in an cross generation explanation of where he is?

I'll still vote for him, the youff are still the the way to go???

30 minutes ago, Omobono said:

He is involved in another eviction story on 3FM news , which is misleading 

That story looks largely fabricated. Those people likely gave up the lease if repairs hadn’t been carried out but I very much doubt they have been “evicted” by anyone. It doesn’t seem to matter to Devon though. It’s more attention from woke idiots for making up stories. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/27/2023 at 1:36 PM, Roxanne said:

There are some people who despite their willingness to 'do good things', have no place in local or national politics. He'd have been better sticking to his social justice persona.  I actually have a lot of time for his views and opinions, but his delivery and his hot headedness does not help him in any way.

Hopefully Frank can get him to co host a YouTube show on his channel when Frank's term ends and Devon ends up not getting back in . Be a great double act . Devon with a rasta wig on hitting the big issues alongside Frank and his TT hat .

Although I'm weirdly hooked to Frank's videos and starting to see the good in him which is makes me worry I'm getting soft in my old age . So wouldn't want to see it ruint .

56 minutes ago, Manxieover65 said:

Terrible behaviour 

Every little town hall and local authority despot has had a field day in the last 48 hours spouting inflammatory crap on social media. Some of the things people are saying on Twitter and Facebook are absolutely disgraceful considering it’s clear they’re often funded by some public body and at the end of the day 260 people were murdered in cold blood. They should be outed and shamed for their appalling views and the councils and government agencies and charities etc that they work for should sack them. 

• Thanks 1