More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

10 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

Read the link and you try to work it out.

Yep, if your collection is a Monday, you should have put you bin out last Friday. 

PS if your collection would have been today, you wouldn't expect another collection until a fortnight hence. 

Edited by Gladys

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

Yep, if your collection is a Monday, you should have put you bin out last Friday. 

Two days before Xmas when you had no Xmas waste. Correct. When does it say your next one is now? 

• Confused 1

Just now, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

9FC085D4-D9C2-4D01-9E1A-D0C1336CFA4B.jpeg

Read the link you posted.  If your collection is a Monday and falls today, you should have put your bin out last Friday.  If your collection day is a Monday but falls on 1 Jan, put your bin out this coming Friday. 

Not sure where the confusion is really, or what that pic refers to.  If you missed today, you can catch up on 8 Jan. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

Not sure where the confusion is really, or what that pic refers to.  If you missed today, you can catch up on 8 Jan. 

The top banner says clearly Week 1 refuse next collection w/c 30th January. It is completely misleading but is clearly in the website.

1 minute ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

The top banner says clearly Week 1 refuse next collection w/c 30th January. It is completely misleading but is clearly in the website.

Are you week one or two? I couldn't say which I am. 

What is more clearly on the website is that Monday collections are subject to change to the working day before over Xmas and NY. 

As I say, my bin is out for collection on the usual day, Tuesday, if it is not collected, I will let everyone know.  Only an issue for me as I have ditched a couple of pillows and they take up a huge amount of room. 

2 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

You are aware that January will be in 2024, and not 2023?  

Correct it’s totally misleading and wrong but as they clearly don’t seem to read or copy or sense check their own website plenty of people will read that and be confused. Or assume they really meant to say January 2024 and not put their bins out. Hey, they might even mean January 2024 but lack the basic sense to change one number? 

Edited by Cueey Lewis And The News

Correct it’s totally misleading and wrong but as they clearly don’t seem to read or copy or sense check their own website plenty of people will read that and be confused. Or assume they really meant to say 2024 and not put their bins out. 

IMG_0024.jpeg

5 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:
9 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

You are aware that January will be in 2024, and not 2023?

Comedy gold!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

IMG_0024.jpeg

That says nothing about January.

That says nothing about January.

Who cares?  It’s a week away and it’s a bin ffs.

I am sure if I lived in Douglas and/or I was that stressed about my bin being emptied I could either find out in the coming week or could have found out before Christmas.

They probably haven’t published it yet because if they do people will read it and forget before it is actually relevant to them.

Chill Out and enjoy what is now Boxing Day.  Just don’t be thinking about where you are going to put your boxes and other rubbish!!!  I am not sure the internet could take it.

Enjoy the next few days and have some fun.  Generate rubbish and food waste and dispose of it responsibly without it becoming something you even consider in life.

Your life will be better as a result.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1