More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

1 hour ago, Sheldon said:

Just Ashford. He's also posted 100+ pictures of overflowing black bins but, in finest DA tradition, has shot his own argument in the foot somewhat as many of these pictures show cardboard boxes, vacuum cleaners, lamps, and other things that should never be in those bins in the first place. Less is more, David.

No sign of any response from Ms Wells yet.

Incontinence products. He'll be wanting DBC to be taking the piss next.

Just now, Gladys said:

Should be recycling it. 

No. There's a possibility that somebody forensically-minded might reconstitute it.

Into the blank sheet of paper that it always was.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Apologies thought it was her letter 

An easy mistake the way she mostly just copies and pastes other people's letters and official notices not authored by her.

She asked ages ago how many people would attend a meeting so she could arrange the right size of venue but I have seen nothing since that.

She obviously ought to be doing much, much more.

Especially as the Douglas Residents Against Fortnightly Refuse Collections Facebook  Group now has 611 signed-up members all in their real names. All of them in under six days.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/940207443613790

Edited by Cassie2

Despite my early scepticism we are managing with the fortnightly. There are just 2 of us though. We dont recycle any more than we did before. We just squash everything down.

I reckon we wouldn't have managed when we were a family of 4 though.

It will be easy to see if DBC are saving anything and relying more by looking at the total gate fees at the EFW plant. I reckon there will be no change at all. But I am sure @Amadeuswill let us know. The only saving will be the reduction in collection, but if the staff are all employed anyway that won't be much.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Despite my early scepticism we are managing with the fortnightly. There are just 2 of us though. We dont recycle any more than we did before. We just squash everything down.

I reckon we wouldn't have managed when we were a family of 4 though.

It will be easy to see if DBC are saving anything and relying more by looking at the total gate fees at the EFW plant. I reckon there will be no change at all. But I am sure @Amadeuswill let us know. The only saving will be the reduction in collection, but if the staff are all employed anyway that won't be much.

That is exactly the point, given the right tools, recycling is achievable and will make a big difference to the volume of other waste you have.  But I am not convinced DBC have given us the right tools.  The boxes are impractical, mainly because the cover is not fit for purpose so I don't put my recycling out the night before because a rainfall will bugger up the card and paper box. 

The capacity is OK, the design is not.  Dead easy to get right, put a proper lid on it. 

As for the issue on incontinence pads etc., I do feel for the person raising that, but does it really need a bin inspection?