More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

22 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

Is Frank even subject to their policies? He's not really an "employee", it's up to the voters to judge him (assuming that old favourite, "Uncontested" doesn't stand again next time.)

Think it applies - someone has now posted a link under that Twitter post to a summary of the councils social media policy it looks like it applies to members as well as employees. 

Amadeus's misfortune prompted me to find out about Google Wallet. As a backup it seems to me to be worthwhile.

Having everything in one place makes things convenient, but causes a problem if the one place gets lost.

A while ago on holiday I lost my (physical) wallet - credit card, bank card and driving licence all gone. I think that Amadeus's rant above was fairly moderate.

4 hours ago, Sheldon said:

And this is why I maintain online anonymity as far as possible. On the rare occasions I do go off on one, I don't have to worry about my employers blowing the dust off their Social Media and Code of Conduct policies :lol:

image.png.7f8dfc64afc4ef86a829939e113fad9a.png

Me too ...@dietrumpdie

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

No they can't, I had this a couple of years ago, just before Xmas (really useful).

Used an ATM and it swallowed my card. Not my bank but I was personally known to the cashier I approached. "No can return, even though I know you".

It appears to be banking industry policy that retained cards cannot be returned. Security policy?

I later found out that, that particular ATM had a habit of retaining cards too.

I'm not sure I forgot to take my card after getting money out. About 5 hours later realised my card wasn't in my wallet ran down to the bank showed some ID and they handed me my card

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I'm not sure I forgot to take my card after getting money out. About 5 hours later realised my card wasn't in my wallet ran down to the bank showed some ID and they handed me my card

This is going to be hard to believe, but it is absolute, complete reality - the wife of a friend got cash from a cash machine, took the card but forgot to take the cash. Realised later and went back to the bank ... and they were not interested in her story.

Just now, Two-lane said:

This is going to be hard to believe, but it is absolute, complete reality - the wife of a friend got cash from a cash machine, took the card but forgot to take the cash. Realised later and went back to the bank ... and they were not interested in her story.

Wouldn't the machine just take the cash back and a couple of days later it shows back up on the statement? That's what happened when it happened to me

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thommo2010 said:

Wouldn't the machine just take the cash back and a couple of days later it shows back up on the statement? That's what happened when it happened to me

Unless someone waiting behind you snazzles it before it gets taken back.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Amadeus said:

You’re done? My tone may have been a bit too harsh, granted. Fact is the atm malfunctioned. I know my pin. I was told nowt they can do as not Barclays customer. Card gets destroyed, tough luck. Implying would have helped me had I been with Barclays. Not ideal when you’re on the way to the airport and needed that card. Obviously everyone now peeing their panties in excitement. Same procedure as every time. 

Ahhh there it is - not a Barclays Customer- even if they retrieve the card they can’t Identify and verify it because it’s not theirs and could essentially open up ID Fraud & theft on tap & go

You really aren’t very intelligent- a poorly judged post maybe a clear indication of your personal levels definitely.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Ahhh there it is - not a Barclays Customer- even if they retrieve the card they can’t Identify and verify it because it’s not theirs and could essentially open up ID Fraud & theft on tap & go

You really aren’t very intelligent- a poorly judged post maybe a clear indication of your personal levels definitely.

Jeezus H Christ...Pot Kettle Black right there

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Two-lane said:

Amadeus's misfortune prompted me to find out about Google Wallet. As a backup it seems to me to be worthwhile.

Having everything in one place makes things convenient, but causes a problem if the one place gets lost.

A while ago on holiday I lost my (physical) wallet - credit card, bank card and driving licence all gone. I think that Amadeus's rant above was fairly moderate.

My son set a Google wallet up for me, I rarely carry a physical card anymore.  Use revolut disposable virtual cards when traveling 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, cissolt said:

My son set a Google wallet up for me, I rarely carry a physical card anymore.

There are risks with that approach too. Collecting rail tickets from a machine in the UK requires a physical card, not Revolut or Apple/Google Pay.

3 hours ago, Bosley said:

doing a shit into a top hat halfway up Tynwald Hill during the opening ceremony

I’d pay a fiver to sit in the grandstand to watch that.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

There are risks with that approach too. Collecting rail tickets from a machine in the UK requires a physical card, not Revolut or Apple/Google Pay.

I travel by train regularly, it's been nearly 2 years since I bought a paper rail ticket. Ditto flights.

Google wallet is the way to go. I have cash/card backup but haven't used them for many months. I'm amazed that the German fella threw a wobbly, and I would have thought he was well iphoned up in this respect.

2 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Yes it’s standard practice when you’re not a bank customer. I’m not sure what else he expected to happen. As you say if they give you the card you claim got jammed in the machine without verifying who you are and that it’s your card there is a fraud risk. Standard practice is for you to advise your bank that the card has been lost or stolen and ask them to send you a new one in the post. Has been for the last 20 odd years.