More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

10 hours ago, Two-lane said:

This is going to be hard to believe, but it is absolute, complete reality - the wife of a friend got cash from a cash machine, took the card but forgot to take the cash. Realised later and went back to the bank ... and they were not interested in her story.

10 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Wouldn't the machine just take the cash back and a couple of days later it shows back up on the statement? That's what happened when it happened to me

This happened to me. £200. I wrote it off and put it down to a costly experience. Easily a couple of years later, I was informed by the bank I was due the money and got it back.

And so the ruination of the once elegant sweep of the Victorian promenade continues with some tacky shite, that will look out of place to start with but due to lack of maintainance  will soon blend in with the decrepited area of the promenade. 

Edited by Dirty Buggane
  • Like 3

On 7/7/2024 at 10:47 PM, Kopek said:

What ever!!! It's still a good news/ good stick it to the Man story?

It looks like this is now in his weeks paper. So despite DBC reporting that they told the Ombudsman that the police had spoken to Mr Wheeler, Wheeler confirms that he told the Ombudsman that the police in fact did not speak to him at all at any time over the incident. The papers now make this fact clear as it appears they only published the false claim that the police had spoken to him. 

IMG_5308.jpeg

Edited by FANDL
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, FANDL said:

It looks like this is now in his weeks paper. So despite DBC reporting that they told the Ombudsman that the police had spoken to Mr Wheeler, Wheeler confirms that he told the Ombudsman that the police in fact did not speak to him at all at any time over the incident. The papers now make this fact clear as it appears they only published the false claim that the police had spoken to him. 

It's still a bit "he said / she said" though, isn't it? It would be instructive to hear what light the police themselves could shed on these events (or non-events) but I suppose that level of investigative journalism is too much to ask of the IOM press.

On 7/3/2024 at 7:22 PM, FANDL said:

Speaking to Wheeler something even funnier is expected to happen next week or the week after via IOM Newspapers. He has left a cryptic Tweet reproduced below. If it is as believed it will prove to be even more embarrassing than this has been so far.

IMG_5202.jpeg

Is this what the newspaper correction is all about? 

6 minutes ago, Trousers said:

Nearly 2,000 views in a few days. The council seem to be hoping they still don’t have to justify doing anything. Their social media policy must be scrawled up in wax crayon.

In these days when every organisation expresses a zero tolerance approach to abuse of their staff I'm somewhat surprised that Barclays haven't protested about this. (Or perhaps they have, and have just been professional and discrete about it, who knows?)

If the boot was on the other foot and someone was abusive to staff in the Town Hall I doubt it would be met with a dignified silence.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Jumper said:

Well quite I imagine that anyone who postered about Douglas Council or Douglas Council staff being “wankers” on Twitter would have been publicly vilified by Councillor Wells and the police or the office of cyber would have been called to hunt such a person down. Lots of media about how awful it is that people in a local authority are treated this way etc. Yet a council member can quite happily post up that the staff who work for a major bank that is also a significant Douglas ratepayer are “wankers” and nothing is said. Barclays are at least owed a public apology for receiving such public abuse by a public representative. 

Maybe Barclays just don't care. 

59 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

Looks like Trousers removed. I wonder if Jumper will be next?

They’ll be down to just Socks and Undies left soon. 

Edited by Bosley
  • Haha 2

New rules at the tip today. Only one trip a day allowed apparently maximum visit 15 minutes. It's hard to believe that there’s some sad twat somewhere employed to make this stuff up. So I now have to leave a second load of crap in my car overnight and attempt another run tomorrow,  I can’t actually see what difference this makes to the operation of the tip at all. 

• Like 3