More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

1 hour ago, Idleweiss said:

New rules at the tip today. Only one trip a day allowed apparently maximum visit 15 minutes. It's hard to believe that there’s some sad twat somewhere employed to make this stuff up. So I now have to leave a second load of crap in my car overnight and attempt another run tomorrow,  I can’t actually see what difference this makes to the operation of the tip at all. 

Take it to Ramsey and tell them you're from Bride

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Idleweiss said:

New rules at the tip today. Only one trip a day allowed apparently maximum visit 15 minutes. It's hard to believe that there’s some sad twat somewhere employed to make this stuff up. So I now have to leave a second load of crap in my car overnight and attempt another run tomorrow,  I can’t actually see what difference this makes to the operation of the tip at all. 

Douglas one? Who told you that?

39 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

I was reading the Eastern Civic tip rules today to find out about Sunday opening hours and I saw nothing regarding this rule of one trip a day on it.    I may have missed it because there was a lot of information on it but don’t think so.

I checked too and could only see the 15 minute rule for the re-use area.  Pretty certain that is to prevent the equivalent of skip divers blocking up the parking area.  

3 minutes ago, Kopek said:

That's as may be but aren't the 're-sellers' also providing a re-cycling service???

I think the area is cleared out and 'dumped' each day!!!

Lots of "antique dealers" get most of their stock from such places!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gladys said:

Was it in relation to the re-use shed?  That facility has had a 15 min limit for some time. 

Do people really use that still? 

Stick it in a refuse bag and chuck it in household waste. 

The rules are only there because some Wombles took the piss and started getting defensive about their re-selling on eBay.

15 hours ago, Hairy Poppins said:

Do people really use that still? 

Stick it in a refuse bag and chuck it in household waste. 

The rules are only there because some Wombles took the piss and started getting defensive about their re-selling on eBay.

I use it, always feel.hard of throwing something that can do someone else a turn. 

However, when you drop stuff off the vultures descend like it's fresh road kill.  So much so, that once when they were rifling through the box I was carrying as I was walking in, I turned on my heel and put it in the household waste. 

On 7/27/2024 at 2:22 PM, Idleweiss said:

Just for you I checked and that rule is only for the reuse shed. No idea where you go the info it applies to the whole site. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

Just for you I checked and that rule is only for the reuse shed. No idea where you go the info it applies to the whole site. 

The silence in reply is deafening. 

3 hours ago, Gladys said:

I turned on my heel and put it in the household waste. 

Do what Daphne Cain does - advertise it on Facebook. Or better still, just leave it at the end of your driveway. By the next morning it will be gone. If you do not have a driveway, you will have to resort to your curtiledge.

• Haha 2