More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

8 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Next spring. Happy to help if you’re thinking of standing. 

There's enough standing from what I've been informed to make sure you lot of clowns can't walk in again . Cannot wait to see the end of Wells and her political hopes . Horrible woman who doesn't represent anyone but herself . But I guess that's what we get not bothering to vote . Fingers crossed everyone has learnt 

Edited by Manxieover65
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

No.  You have to be resident on the Island, but there's no need for any link with the local authority area, unlike in the UK.  I remember a Port Erin Commissioner who lived in Ramsey and the previous Leader of Douglas lived in Braddan for many years.

At least three of the  Port Erin board don’t live in the village. The place means so much to the Chairman he moved to Foxdale. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

No.  You have to be resident on the Island, but there's no need for any link with the local authority area, unlike in the UK.  I remember a Port Erin Commissioner who lived in Ramsey and the previous Leader of Douglas lived in Braddan for many years.

Might give it a go myself then. I’d be ace

11 hours ago, Gladys said:

Is it?  Hardly ground breaking satire. 

I hadn't heard the justification before, there are already enough things with Nobles name on so it's fine.   What would she say if we went to her town in South Africa and started removing Nelson Mandelas name from everything? 

I'm aware that I've just compared a wealthy businessman to Nelson Mandela, but it was purely illustrative.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cissolt said:

What would she say if we went to her town in South Africa and started removing Nelson Mandelas name from everything? 

I wasn’t aware that the plan was to remove Noble’s name from “everything”.

As a library user, I don’t care what it’s called - it certainly wasn’t called after HBN when I joined it.   Seems like a manufactured “outrage issue” with which to beat the council - as if there weren’t enough real issues…

1 hour ago, cissolt said:

I'm aware that I've just compared a wealthy businessman to Nelson Mandela, but it was purely illustrative.

Oh well - that’s all right, then.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Jarndyce said:

Seems like a manufactured “outrage issue” with which to beat the council - as if there weren’t enough real issues…

that's the point , the real issues are being kicked down the road while they play at renaming things , they should be dealing with what matters rather than self made trivia.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WTF said:

that's the point , the real issues are being kicked down the road while they play at renaming things , they should be dealing with what matters rather than self made trivia.

What are your top 3 things we should deal with then?

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I can name one 😀

You are not getting your own Bushy's tap installed in your flat, Albert, we've been over that.

• Haha 2

On 8/16/2024 at 10:51 PM, Gladys said:

You do understand the difference between the councillors and the employed officers and staff? 

Do you? You appear to get confused in the rush to justify their activities. As the now published 2023 accounts attest DBC was the victim of a cyber fraud which lost the council £25K in January 2023. This seems to be on or around the exact same time as the leader made her public hacking claims.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/douglas-borough-council-leader-allegedly-hacked/

It might look to the casual observer that one was rather used to mask the other as nobody appears to have ever made a public statement that £25K was stolen from the ratepayers due to a lack of governance by council workers who appear to have paid a fraudster. Just that the leader was allegedly “hacked” in relation to a claimed meeting. Smoke and mirrors but the auditors conclusions are clear. In January 2023 the council was the victim of a £25K cyber fraud. 

IMG_5468.jpeg