More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

I'm sure there will be an official response and I can only comment here as an individual.

As an individual, I find the open letter puzzling and disappointing. I note it criticises the current recycling scheme and think it's worth checking who introduced the same back in 2008. I also note that some of the images posted alongside the letter appear to show bins overflowing with waste that should never go into black bins, such as furniture pieces, etc:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Like I said, puzzling.

The number of queries and complaints I have received about the new scheme is in the single digits and the same seems to be the case with the fellow councillors I spoke to. As many people have already pointed out, many other local authorities on the island have introduced fortnightly collections ages ago and anarchy does not seem to have broken out there. Quite the opposite. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Whatever you may think of David Ashford he has raised legitimate concerns.

He doesn't really. If you read all four pages of his tedious, pompous and self-important 'open letter' he's just repeating the sort of points raised here and elsewhere numerous times.  He doesn't seem to have raised them separately with the Council before except in passing a year ago and he doesn't seem to offer any solutions.  It's just an exercise in bandwagon-jumping and self-promotion.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

As many people have already pointed out, many other local authorities on the island have introduced fortnightly collections ages ago and anarchy does not seem to have broken out there. Quite the opposite. 

On 11/1/2022 at 5:05 PM, TheTeapot said:

In Colby, where bin collections have been fortnightly for ages, you get two bins.

Colby is better than Douglas. Facts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

I'm sure there will be an official response and I can only comment here as an individual.

As an individual, I find the open letter puzzling and disappointing. I note it criticises the current recycling scheme and think it's worth checking who introduced the same back in 2008. I also note that some of the images posted alongside the letter appear to show bins overflowing with waste that should ever go into black bins, such as furniture pieces, etc:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Like I said, puzzling.

The number of queries and complaints I have received about the new scheme is in the single digits and the same seems to be the case with the fellow councillors I spoke to. As many people have already pointed out, many other local authorities on the island have introduced fortnightly collections ages ago and anarchy does not seem to have broken out there. Quite the opposite. 

You live in Lala land most residents in doulas don’t even know what Corpy does and  those that do know it’s waste of time complaining.  
tell me, no tell all of us 

where does all the recycling go to that Corpy collects and what income is generated from it?  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Amadeus said:

As many people have already pointed out, many other local authorities on the island have introduced fortnightly collections ages ago and anarchy does not seem to have broken out there. Quite the opposite. 

If Douglas ratepayers paid the same rates as other local authorities for fortnightly collections, Douglas ratepayers would no doubt be quite happy.

Conversely, if the other local authorities ratepayers were paying Douglas rates for their fortnightly collections, anarchy would have broken out in the parishes long before now. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Amadeus said:

As an individual, I find the open letter puzzling and disappointing. I note it criticises the current recycling scheme and think it's worth checking who introduced the same back in 2008. I also note that some of the images posted alongside the letter appear to show bins overflowing with waste that should ever go into black bins, such as furniture pieces, etc:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Like I said, puzzling.

The number of queries and complaints I have received about the new scheme is in the single digits  

People express their dissatisfaction differently these days

8 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Like I said, puzzling.

Frank, don't worry about that. The press release you and the other council members need is.

"We fucked up.

We humbly apologise to our ratepayers 

We will reinstate weekly collections from 1st January" 

That's all you need. 

4 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Frank, don't worry about that. The press release you and the other council members need is.

"We fucked up.

We humbly apologise to our ratepayers 

We will reinstate weekly collections from 1st January" 

That's all you need. 

You need to add:

"And we will provide bins big enough to get a three piece suite into."

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dirty Buggane said:

I think you may find Amadeus's sole reason for becoming a councilor and keeping a high profile on social media is to assist his ultimate aim of going for a spot at the table the big boys sit at.

I love it when people think they know more about my life and plans than I do. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, C Montgomery Burns said:

That would require someone to vote for him. Whereas in Douglas he received no votes and simply got on the council as nobody else was bothered standing in his ward. 

The election was contested when I declared. A candidate dropped out before the deadline but I’m sure you knew that already.