More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

53 minutes ago, Gladys said:

You need to add:

"And we will provide bins big enough to get a three piece suite into."

I was just thinking about this, in the context of the redevelopment of the nurse's quarters, the 'ten minute city' or whatever scheme, no parking. How do you take your stuff to the tip? 

When I lived in Oz, they did a once a month roadside collection of big stuff. Worked well, as far as I could tell, and helped stop a lot of fly-tipping, if not the flies themselves.

An aside on 'the ten minute city'. You move to London to enjoy London. You move to Douglas to enjoy the Isle of Man. 

I think its pretty clear that amadeus wants to be involved in local politics because he genuinely wants to be able to help, i don't think attacking his motivations or how he got in is very fair. 

The reality of how things are in Douglas and the mess and the general awfulness of the corpy etc crack on like.

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

So you don’t count all the complaints and feedback on here and the 600 or so people registered on a Facebook page and all the adverse commentary on Twitter saying how dissatisfied people are, or the letters from MHKs writing to DBC on behalf of their constituents, as complaints then? 

he's only following orders

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I think its pretty clear that amadeus wants to be involved in local politics because he genuinely wants to be able to help, i don't think attacking his motivations or how he got in is very fair. 

The reality of how things are in Douglas and the mess and the general awfulness of the corpy etc crack on like.

'Tis the way of MF, anyone who posts on here identifiably gets a proper pasting. 

Amadeus's return unopposed is democracy, there was no one else willing to stand.

One answer to getting rid of large items for disposal is to have a rota of skips in various areas to take the defunct microwave, sofa etc.  They used to do that where I used to live in the UK (which has always had a problem with fly tipping) about every 6 months or year from memory.  It was a fruitful facility for skip divers. 

That is expensive and, actually, is not solving a problem caused by the changes but by people incapable of disposing of their rubbish responsibly. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

One answer to getting rid of large items for disposal is to have a rota of skips in various areas to take the defunct microwave, sofa etc.  They used to do that where I used to live in the UK (which has always had a problem with fly tipping) about every 6 months or year from memory.  It was a fruitful facility for skip divers. 

isn't that what the amenity sites do now , some sites have time limits that the tip rats can loiter around so the places aren't grid locked

Just now, WTF said:

isn't that what the amenity sites do now , some sites have time limits that the tip rats can loiter around so the places aren't grid locked

The issue is getting the stuff to the tip, I think, is the argument.  Not that it is beyond the wit of man to get a man and van to take your discarded sofa away.  

1 hour ago, Dirty Buggane said:

I think you may find Amadeus's sole reason for becoming a councilor and keeping a high profile on social media is to assist his ultimate aim of going for a spot at the table the big boys sit at.

And pray tell if that were true would be wrong with that ?( I don’t believe that to be his sole reason BTW)

It’s not an ignoble ambition 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I agree that anyone who is brave enough to work in public service and come on here with a known identity deserves some respect and doesn't deserve to be insulted. 

However he regularly stirs the pot. The latest one being the rather cras "single figures" comment. That was unwise and deserved some derision. 

It seems though that DBC are now running round with their fingers in their ears kidding no one that things are ok. 

1 minute ago, offshoremanxman said:

He’s a local Councillor and he’s getting criticism for a very unpopular decision by Douglas Council. As has already been said above he himself certainly doesn’t hold back criticizing others for things he doesn’t like on social media. 

He clearly supports the decision though and was no doubt influential in its formation. 

3 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

He’s a local Councillor and he’s getting criticism for a very unpopular decision by Douglas Council. As has already been said above he himself certainly doesn’t hold back criticizing others for things he doesn’t like on social media. 

No, the man is being played, not the ball. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I agree that anyone who is brave enough to work in public service and come on here with a known identity deserves some respect and doesn't deserve to be insulted. 

However he regularly stirs the pot. The latest one being the rather cras "single figures" comment. That was unwise and deserved some derision. 

It seems though that DBC are now running round with their fingers in their ears kidding no one that things are ok. 

You do know what a complaint is?  It is not a winge on SM, but a proper notification to DBC of your dissatisfaction. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Happy to state for the record that it's all Douglas Council members who have acted like absolute shithouses on this topic.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

You do know what a complaint is?  It is not a winge on SM, but a proper notification to DBC of your dissatisfaction. 

I do know what a complaint is. Do we need to go back to the 70's and start writing letters. Come on Gladys.

If that's what I have to do then that's what I'll do.

To be fair I only had 2 gripes.

1. I didn't know it was coming. That's gone now.

2. I am not given a workable solution to recycle paper, card, cardboard and plastic. If I was I would be happy.

Now where's me quill!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gladys said:

The issue is getting the stuff to the tip, I think, is the argument.  Not that it is beyond the wit of man to get a man and van to take your discarded sofa away.  

yes, but a skip isn't going to be outside your house either so for most people transportation would be factor anyway,   we could be having rag n bone persons with transit flat beds soon that do the picking up ??