More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

This is just bollocks attacking someone because they’re German, just calm down!

I always enjoy reading your posts going back a long way now but you clearly have a problem with what I said  and have taken it out of context. Easily done in such an impersonal medium.

This is a discussion forum which means a very broad range of views and styles. At no time did I attack anyone because they are German or anything else.

I deal in facts and I pointed out the simple fact that 2 (of the 12) DBC Councilors are German. And by the way both of them are also mega Greenies doing all that they can to foist abysmal nonsense on the long-suffering and increasingly very angry Ratepayers. So much so that almost 700 of these ratepayers have already signed up in  just a week to a Protest Group to make it very clear that they were not consulted, it was not in anyone's election manifesto and that they emphatically do not want it: https://www.facebook.com/groups/940207443613790

Mr (see what I have done there Banker - just to please you I omitted 'Herr') Councillor Shuengel & Co are acting completely deaf to democracy and are therefore defying the most basic principles of democracy in my opinion and that of many, many others.

You can even read in this very thread what Co. Shuengel himself says about the extremely opaque and unacceptable medieval regime of the Councillors and Executives at DBC.

Democracy at Douglas Borough Council my ar*e.

7 minutes ago, Cassie2 said:

I always enjoy reading your posts going back a long way now but you clearly have a problem with what I said  and have taken it out of context. Easily done in such an impersonal medium.

This is a discussion forum which means a very broad range of views and styles. At no time did I attack anyone because they are German or anything else.

I deal in facts and I pointed out the simple fact that 2 (of the 12) DBC Councilors are German. 

I, for one,would be interested in why you felt the need to point out that simple fact .

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Cassie2 said:

I deal in facts and I pointed out the simple fact that 2 (of the 12) DBC Councilors are German. And by the way both of them are also mega Greenies doing all that they can to foist abysmal nonsense on the long-suffering and increasingly very angry Ratepayers. So much so that almost 700 of these ratepayers have already signed up in  just a week to a Protest Group to make it very clear that they were not consulted, it was not in anyone's election manifesto and that they emphatically do not want it: https://www.facebook.com/groups/940207443613790

Mr (see what I have done there Banker - just to please you I omitted 'Herr') Councillor Shuengel & Co are acting completely deaf to democracy and are therefore defying the most basic principles of democracy in my opinion and that of many, many others.

You can even read in this very thread what Co. Shuengel himself says about the extremely opaque and unacceptable medieval regime of the Councillors and Executives at DBC.

This is part of your post

uch they are the over-seers and employers of the staff. Or could it be that you, your fellow German Falk Horning(Chairman of the Environment etc Committee) and the other idiotic Councillors who supported this nonsense and have stayed silent ever since think that this is actually Germany in 1930s and that 

So mentioning Germans , the war is not being anti German?

26 minutes ago, Weliveinhope said:

Get a grip and instead of constantly looking to knock the slightest thing enagage with these people, offer ideas, suggestions, offer your help. But I guess its far easier to be a prick on an anonymous forum than to make an effort to understand and engage.

Disclaimer: I do not work for govenment, i do not know Frank. 

Perhaps if Amadeus ceased his relentless online complaining about just about everything to do with the IOM you might have a point. But you don’t. As for it being an anonymous forum - as an admin I’m sure he has access to peoples email and IP addresses so that doesn’t even hold water either. The fact is this is a grossly unpopular move and if Tynwald did something similar I’m sure the good councillor would be all over Twitter saying how crap it was.

Edited by offshoremanxman
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Cassie2 said:

The fact that you have to continually stress that he is German is clear evidence that you are prejudiced against the guy just because he is German. Not even counting your clumsy reference to the 1930s. You could at least spell his name correctly. Give your head a little wobble.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Banker said:

This is part of your post

uch they are the over-seers and employers of the staff. Or could it be that you, your fellow German Falk Horning(Chairman of the Environment etc Committee) and the other idiotic Councillors who supported this nonsense and have stayed silent ever since think that this is actually Germany in 1930s and that 

So mentioning Germans , the war is not being anti German?

No, it is not. It is historical fact. You should stop being so hypersensitive. I never figured you for a snowflake!

Anyway, this is all off-topic which is about DBC's competence (ha ha), democratic credentials (ha ha) and all related matters.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Carefully filled green bin (garden waste). They've emptied it into the bin lorry with all the other waste. No distinction at all. Why should we bother?

20221128_114142.jpg

Brilliant. A smoking gun

I also note that the chap on the RHS is wearing PPE that does not conform to the latest requirements. There is no reflective band on his sleeve

5 minutes ago, Cassie2 said:

No, it is not. It is historical fact. You should stop being so hypersensitive. I never figured you for a snowflake!

Anyway, this is all off-topic which is about DBC's competence (ha ha), democratic credentials (ha ha) and all related matters.

What was the point of comparing a petty dispute about bin collection and the holocaust, then? 

7 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Brilliant. A smoking gun

I also note that the chap on the RHS is wearing PPE that does not conform to the latest requirements. There is no reflective band on his sleeve

I thought the green waste collections were only between Feb and Oct? 

3 minutes ago, Declan said:

What was the point of comparing a petty dispute about bin collection and the holocaust, then? 

I compared nothing at all to the Holocaust but I did use Germany in the 1930s as a very good example of dictatorial  governance! 

I actually lost countless members of my own family in said Holocaust. 

I repeat again: ''... this is all off-topic which is about DBC's competence (ha ha), democratic credentials (ha ha) and all related matters.''

• Confused 1