More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

I was wondering when you would mention the war. I know who I serve but I also know that there are always two sides to every issue, and certain ways to do things. Of course councillors are already talking to each other behind the scenes on this and as mentioned, we have processes in place already. If you genuinely think you’ll struggle, we will review and supply another or a bigger bin.

I’m not dismissing anything, I am assessing the situation rationally and from all sides. We don’t have government by Facebook over here and the number of people signed up to a group you are clearly passionate about may not be as strong an indication as you think. Trust me, been there many times before as supporter and organiser. 

The island is decades behind the UK and other places when it comes to recycling. That has nothing to do with being a woke greenie, which I sure am not. I may drive an EV through town but that’s because it’s cheap to run. I also have a couple of big gas guzzlers that would make any Green Party rep hyperventilate and I love them. Again, everything is about balance. 

No you won't review , you phone up and they tell you there's a waiting list , why should families of 3 or more people have to justify to you if we need more bins, your a councillor not a mhk stop getting above your station.  As I said previous , the only bonus is your screwing any chance of you and your mate Falk have of getting into government . 700 people definitely disagree with your opinion on what's good for us . Would you like me to start a petition and see how many actually don't agree with you, for clarity? It was wrong for anyone to mention the war but you most definitely along with your other German councillor are trying to follow the German ways and it hasn't turned out too good for you over there . 

Stop dismissing the views of the people who voted you in , your a disgrace,  it's clear as day it isn't working 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Manxieover65 said:

No you won't review , you phone up and they tell you there's a waiting list , why should families of 3 or more people have to justify to you if we need more bins, your a councillor not a mhk stop getting above your station.  As I said previous , the only bonus is your screwing any chance of you and your mate Falk have of getting into government . 700 people definitely disagree with your opinion on what's good for us . Would you like me to start a petition and see how many actually don't agree with you, for clarity? It was wrong for anyone to mention the war but you most definitely along with your other German councillor are trying to follow the German ways and it hasn't turned out too good for you over there . 

Stop dismissing the views of the people who voted you in , your a disgrace,  it's clear as day it isn't working 

That's gone too far. You might not agree with their policies, but attributing that to a petty, jingoistic nationalism is totally nuts.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Presumably what happened is that they saw a bin out and decided to be kind and empty it anyway rather than leave it till March.  No good deed ever goes unpunished.

They had actually ignored it for the last month. No rhyme or reason. I was wondering if it was ever going to be emptied, given the alleged October cut-off.

MHKs Support update:

I understand that as well as David Ashford and John Wannneburgh, both Ann Corlett and Claire Christian have now also expressed their concern with DBC's nonsense. That makes 4 Douglas MHKs out of the 8 in total.

So far. 

Perhaps it is time to abolish the medieval, anti-democratic, ludicrously expensive and appallingly deaf DBC. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Augustus said:

They had actually ignored it for the last month. No rhyme or reason. I was wondering if it was ever going to be emptied, given the alleged October cut-off.

Given how warm the autumn was, leading to an extended growing season, later leaf-fall and so on, it would probably have been sensible to add in a one-off later collection, rather than an inflexible end date.  And make the point that this is what happens with global warming and why recycling is important.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Bastard said:

That's gone too far. You might not agree with their policies, but attributing that to a petty, jingoistic nationalism is totally nuts.

No what's gone too far is my family and my young grandchildren having to play out on streets with rubbish piling up ! He's blatantly lying about things one after the other , you can't just phone up and get someone around to assess bins , he's had far more complaints than single digits and it's entirely about forcing green issues on people . The fact Germany is mentioned is these two particular councillors who happen to be from a country who has gone totally down this route and struggling massively is fact . 

Good to see another 3 douglas MHKs put their weight behind Ashford though.  Common sense prevailing 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cassie2 said:

Councillor Shuengel & Co are acting completely deaf to democracy and are therefore defying the most basic principles of democracy in my opinion and that of many, many others.

You can even read in this very thread what Co. Shuengel himself says about the extremely opaque and unacceptable medieval regime of the Councillors and Executives at DBC.

Democracy at Douglas Borough Council my ar*e.

Not the old "we are supposed to live in a democracy' fallacy again. We don't so etc move on.

Would be useful if Council published their meeting minutes though and see who argued for what? Eh ?

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Weliveinhope said:

You know what, fucking change the record. Its just constant...whatever the guy says you will interpret it how you want and just continue to attack. Yes there are issues with most things, but where is it any better? Whether it be the NHS, the environment, inequality, whatever, its the world over. You think it'll help improve things by being nasty or constantly trolling? Would you be happy for your children to behave in this way? Any of you got off your backsides and put yourself up for election, or tried to make the world a better place? Probably not, instead sit behind a keyboard spouting your bile. Money and greed has brought the word to where it is today. You think one guy can walk into an organisation with an ingrained (probably toxic) culture and change it over night? Get a grip and instead of constantly looking to knock the slightest thing enagage with these people, offer ideas, suggestions, offer your help. But I guess its far easier to be a prick on an anonymous forum than to make an effort to understand and engage.

Disclaimer: I do not work for govenment, i do not know Frank. 

Clearly you do know him , enough is not enough until he at least considers himself and his fellow councillors are wrong on this issue . If this was anything else they would accept its wrong and go about fixing the issues.  He's blatantly lieing in this thread repeatedly.  When MHKs are involved it's clear there is a lot of people unhappy . A very simple fix is to allow people two bins . It's a very minimal change which won't affect the workers all that much . Allowing this will stop a lot of unnecessary stress on families who are already at breaking point.  

It's quite ridiculous when I speak to one fella with a big family who has to wait months to assess if their family can use two bins when they live in a 5 bedroom house . Just give people two bins , those who want to recycle will and everyone can move on . 

As for personal attacks maybe himself and his native friend along with the "wacky backy" smoker councillor can get off their high horses and accept not everyone can cope on 2 bins a month and stop this dictatorship.  

You only have to look what's happening in other parts of the world when people are dictatored too , to realise its not the best move . Especially by part time wannabes.  He made this personal on the 700 odd people openly against his policies.  Plus there's lots like myself not in that group as I'd do more harm than good . They are going about things right whilst I prefer this approach.  As for hiding behind a keyboard , I've happily had my say out in the open with my real name, but it ended up with me getting endless letters harassing me and my family in my home by their Council . So now I will hide behind a fake name.  They are dictators nothing more , trying to force green on everyone .

22 minutes ago, Manxieover65 said:

Clearly you do know him , enough is not enough until he at least considers himself and his fellow councillors are wrong on this issue . If this was anything else they would accept its wrong and go about fixing the issues.  He's blatantly lieing in this thread repeatedly.  When MHKs are involved it's clear there is a lot of people unhappy . A very simple fix is to allow people two bins . It's a very minimal change which won't affect the workers all that much . Allowing this will stop a lot of unnecessary stress on families who are already at breaking point.  

It's quite ridiculous when I speak to one fella with a big family who has to wait months to assess if their family can use two bins when they live in a 5 bedroom house . Just give people two bins , those who want to recycle will and everyone can move on . 

As for personal attacks maybe himself and his native friend along with the "wacky backy" smoker councillor can get off their high horses and accept not everyone can cope on 2 bins a month and stop this dictatorship.  

You only have to look what's happening in other parts of the world when people are dictatored too , to realise its not the best move . Especially by part time wannabes.  He made this personal on the 700 odd people openly against his policies.  Plus there's lots like myself not in that group as I'd do more harm than good . They are going about things right whilst I prefer this approach.  As for hiding behind a keyboard , I've happily had my say out in the open with my real name, but it ended up with me getting endless letters harassing me and my family in my home by their Council . So now I will hide behind a fake name.  They are dictators nothing more , trying to force green on everyone .

fuck me fella, have you heard yourself.

• Like 6

People need to get a grip. It's not a dictatorship if you only have your bins emptied once a fortnight. Especially, if you can set up petitions and facebook groups and have a dimwit "national politician" like Ashford write pompous letters about it. This is democracy!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2