More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

44 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Except on occasions it isn't. Case in point was a few of years back when the paper market was on it's backside and the carriage cost was more than the value of the paper.... it was chucked in the incinerator.

Or your warehouse spontaneously bursts into flames... just ask buck 😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, offshoremanxman said:

Shockingly arrogant. she simply does not get it. But then nobody even voted for her so she has nobody she’s accountable to! 

We spend a disproportionate amount of time dealing with those residents who are opposed to the change in service on philosophical grounds, rather than genuine concerns brought about by an inability to manage their waste – we are and will continue to assist the latter residents. However, we really should be celebrating the many residents who have adapted to the new service and for whom it is very much working. By and large, these residents are actually put off commenting on the continuous ‘shouting’ of the few unhappy residents on Facebook, as they are then abused by those unwilling to change.”

Is her arrogance any different to yours?

Give it a chance.

Ive found DBC to have been reasonable to my approaches. But I was fair, calm and reasoned. I wasn’t my usual shouty Karen persona.

2 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Maybe I heard it wrong - however 3 weeks in a row for one block of flats is quite interesting (with my very own eyes.....)

Somebody is not telling you the truth - the only thing being recycled is the verbal shite from the townhall.

Good luck.

Perhaps the management company of such properties is paying commercial rates for the site? Commercial collections won't be fortnightly. Just an idea.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Firstly what have I been arrogant about? Secondly I’m not a public official basically making disparaging and public remarks about the people who contribute to the running of her little fiefdom who have questioned the logic and implementation of a system that isn’t working for many. 

This. You’re determined it won’t work, you attribute motivation for the change without any attributable evidence, you claim they aren’t really recycling. 

You’re right, they’re wrong. That’s your mantra. It’s arrogant.

I don’t think what she writes in that one paragraph is arrogant. I’d have chosen my words better in her shoes. But there’s no reason to suspect it’s anything but factual.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

A strange approach to take. I’ve not said I’m right at all I’ve said that it’s clearly not working for many people and some of the rules and requirements are stupid and they need to engage with the public more and change their approach. Her letter, frankly, is arrogant and typical of DBC. We’re right, these people on Facebook and everywhere else are all wrong. End of. And the people they claim really like everything are apparently too frightened to say so (which I suppose gives some daft excuse as to why hardly anyone anywhere is saying this is a good idea - maybe people like that don’t actually exist rather than being silenced?). They simply don’t want to listen to anyone as they have decided what’s best and what will be done in typical DBC style. 

Every time you post your arrogant stance shines through, stronger and stronger.

This has been in place less than a month.

You don’t want to listen. Read the letter. Give it six months. Then we can all judge if it works or not.

You're working very much on you, and, I’m going to be arrogant, the baying mob, are right, but without giving it a go.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

A strange approach to take. I’ve not said I’m right at all I’ve said that it’s clearly not working for many people and some of the rules and requirements are stupid and they need to engage with the public more and change their approach. Her letter, frankly, is arrogant and typical of DBC. We’re right, these people on Facebook and everywhere else are all wrong. End of. And the people they claim really like everything are apparently too frightened to say so (which I suppose gives some daft excuse as to why hardly anyone anywhere is saying this is a good idea - maybe people like that don’t actually exist rather than being silenced?). They simply don’t want to listen to anyone as they have decided what’s best and what will be done in typical DBC style. 

But every objection you have raised has been answered, and you have not said that you have raised any issue direct with DBC.  You have taken what you have seen on SM as fact and adopted it as your own justification for objecting.

As John says give it a chance.  If you are encountering real issues, raise them with DBC and then report back.  Be prepared to engage and to change, slightly, your own habits. 

What we are expected to do now is not dramatically different to what we were expected to do well over 20 years ago in the UK and that was introduced without any great fanfare and as a fait accompli.  But it worked because local authorities in the UK are much bigger and their decisions were, by and large, accepted by council tax payers. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

What you mean is every time the argument won’t go away I stick to exactly the same approach - that nobody was consulted, that the changes were communicated badly, and there are clearly serious oversights that need to be redressed before it’s workable. Also that they can’t even validate via some sort of green audit that things are even being fully recycled. It’s not me who doesn’t want to listen which is exactly why I’ve pushed for replies. Very clearly Claire Wells does not want to listen and neither do any other DBC councillors. Perhaps they could publish all the lovely things that have been said by all the people who think this is the best thing since sliced bread themselves if they think these people (if they actually exist) are being drowned out? 

There was an online questionnaire where views were sought.  Did you respond?  There was a leaflet with your rates demand and plenty of local media coverage. 

You have either been wilfully blind or didn't think they would follow through. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

It certainly has not and I have certainly said I had. Stop twisting the debate. This thread may be an inconvenient truth for a forum admin who is also a Councillor but it is by no means a fabrication or false debate as you are trying to position it. People have raised valid concerns and got nowhere. That is often where social media takes over as people feel ignored. But that statement I highlight above from Wells is a disgrace and basically validates why some folk have turned to social media because they clearly don’t want to hear what they don’t like. 

So, what did you raise with DBC and what was the outcome?

On 11/28/2022 at 11:46 AM, Augustus said:

Carefully filled green bin (garden waste). They've emptied it into the bin lorry with all the other waste. No distinction at all. Why should we bother?

20221128_114142.jpg

I checked on this and it was a one off for people who forgot that the green bin collection has stopped. This once it was mixed with residual waste and from February it will be collected separately again. Sorry for trying to be nice. 

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

There was an online questionnaire where views were sought.  Did you respond?  There was a leaflet with your rates demand and plenty of local media coverage. 

You have either been wilfully blind or didn't think they would follow through. 

If there was an online questionnaire I can honestly say I never saw it nor was i made aware of it by DBC either by post or email

The brochure that everyone is talking about from May. Honestly, first time I have ever seen it is now