More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

2 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

I checked on this and it was a one off for people who forgot that the green bin collection has stopped. This once it was mixed with residual waste and from February it will be collected separately again. Sorry for trying to be nice. 

What is residual waste? Is it recyclable 

19 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

If there was an online questionnaire I can honestly say I never saw it nor was i made aware of it by DBC either by post or email

The brochure that everyone is talking about from May. Honestly, first time I have ever seen it is now

Perhaps your landlord got the leaflet with the rates demand and didn't relay it to you.  That was my point way up.  Or if you get the rates demand directly you may just have binned it. 

The online questionnaire, I can't remember how I was notified*, maybe via text as I get text reminders for recycling collections.   But they presumably used other means of inviting participation.  

There was quite a bit of publicity around these changes.  If people aren't curious what does DBC do? 

Not a dig at you HD, but the complaints re communication are not justified from my own personal experience, implementation date aside as I do not recall receiving anything other than what I saw/heard in the media. 

ETA* found the text 19 October 2021. 

Edited by Gladys

31 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

What is residual waste? Is it recyclable 

Generally, it’s the drivel you post. So, yes you do recycle, and recycle.

What do you think it is? Educated ( I know that may be outside your experience ) guess.

Clue, You take out everything that is recyclable, and what’s left?

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Well that’s what people are asking the councillors but what they aren’t providing. They have said this will save them £25K a year. Which is an insignificant amount of money the way they spend money. They ordered 4 new bin wagons which must be £150K each which are now running these ‘cost saving’ reduced collections. They still employ the same number of bin men and they still maintain the same facilities and infrastructure so the main saving has to be the gate fees as most of the rest of it outside a bit of diesel is fixed cost. 

I checked these too and they were replacements for existing trucks that had reached their end of life as part of the normal process. These are alternating collections - black one week, green the next - not reduced ones. 

11 minutes ago, C Montgomery Burns said:

And surely you engage with apartment complex management companies BEFORE you bring anything in Ms Wells? And don’t insult your ratepayers for “philosophically” objecting to your total lack of planning and communication? 

8BF73FF2-D052-4EAF-9555-8030471C0931.jpeg

I suspect the engagement should be the other way round. 

There has been no lack in planning or communication as I have alluded to many times. 

33 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Perhaps your landlord got the leaflet with the rates demand and didn't relay it to you.  That was my point way up.  Or if you get the rates demand directly you may just have binned it. 

The online questionnaire, I can't remember how I was notified*, maybe via text as I get text reminders for recycling collections.   But they presumably used other means of inviting participation.  

There was quite a bit of publicity around these changes.  If people aren't curious what does DBC do? 

Not a dig at you HD, but the complaints re communication are not justified from my own personal experience, implementation date aside as I do not recall receiving anything other than what I saw/heard in the media. 

ETA* found the text 19 October 2021. 

I don't have a landlord. I pay my rates directly. I keep saying it and saying it but you don't get it  I didn't know it was coming and neither did 100's of my neighbours. I don't remember anything other than something on MR back in springtime. The proof of the pudding is in the eating. Hardly Nyone knew and that's why there is an outrage.

I am over it now. I am OK with my 2 weekly and I am going to recycle more. I just think DBC could have done a much better job and avoided all the anger. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Gladys said:

Don't be a nitwit, RM was referring to the letter John posted 3 hours before he replied to you.  Which other letter could it be? 

Sorry if I got it wrong but I was referring to the brochure DBC sent out in spring....allegedly. John kindly posted a copy. That's my understanding. 

@Roger Mexico. Apologies. I didn't mean it.

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

I don't have a landlord. I pay my rates directly. I keep saying it and saying it but you don't get it  I didn't know it was coming and neither did 100's of my neighbours. I don't remember anything other than something on MR back in springtime. The proof of the pudding is in the eating. Hardly Nyone knew and that's why there is an outrage.

I am over it now. I am OK with my 2 weekly and I am going to recycle more. I just think DBC could have done a much better job and avoided all the anger. 

I get that you have been remiss in not reading your correspondence and rather than accept that, you would rather blame the person who wrote to you. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

I checked these too and they were replacements for existing trucks that had reached their end of life as part of the normal process. These are alternating collections - black one week, green the next - not reduced ones. 

What tickles me with all this is there are people here and especially on FB who hear of a rumour, fabricate information, go off some random person who has no idea of what goes on and then takes that and runs with it, publicizing it to anyone who will listen. Best thing to do is read the council minutes and then look at their accounts. These are the facts, then comment. Commenting on hearsay is extremely misleading. If I have an issue, then I’ll speak directly to my councilor or ask for an FOI. What’s disheartening is some people just slag off the whole organization, including all staff, the vast majority of which are dedicated and hard working. It’s like listening to toddlers, slagging  everyone off and “NO you’re not playing with my ball”😂

5 minutes ago, John Wright said:

See what I mean about drivel. How could Mrs Wells write a letter in reply to Mr Ashford two+ months before he wrote to her?

Yes I am the nitwit. But in my feeble defence you have posted more than one thing on here today and I misunderstood which one we were referring to. 

I thought it was the recycling map to which we referred to.

You have my apology.