More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

17 minutes ago, C Montgomery Burns said:

More “impartial” comments on behalf of the forum operators in support of the stance of one of the forum operators.

I’m allowed a personal opinion, aren’t I. If I’m making a comment in moderating role I try to make it clear.

Ive not discussed this with Amadeus, either as an admin here, or as a councillor.

Im trying to post some balance in the light of the baying, pitch fork waving, mob.

Every household got an insert with their rates bill in May. I saw the questionnaire. I read about the proposed fortnightly collections in September 2021, when it was passed in council and reported on MR and in the Examiner and Courier.

2 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Sorry if I got it wrong but I was referring to the brochure DBC sent out in spring....allegedly. John kindly posted a copy. That's my understanding. 

@Roger Mexico. Apologies. I didn't mean it.

You have missed that brochure twice now, first time when it came with your rates demand and the second when I, not John,  posted pictures of what I had received on here. 

You are not convincing me that you pay attention to stuff.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

Thr correspondent that I didnt get you mean?

It’s more likely you got your rates bill, plus lots of other stuff, but decided it was drivel before reading, and dumped it in the bin, instead of the recycling.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Yes I am the nitwit. But in my feeble defence you have posted more than one thing on here today and I misunderstood which one we were referring to. 

I thought it was the recycling map to which we referred to.

You have my apology.

I’ve posted one attachment or link in this thread. The reply Mrs Wells sent to Mr Ashford. I’ve not posted the leaflet, a link to the leaflet, or anything else.

Just now, offshoremanxman said:

The letter says it all to me in terms of proof of the pudding and shows exactly what people have been complaining about - an aloof DBC which is basically not interested in engaging with or communicating with anyone. Not one person in Douglas South voted for Claire Wells let’s remember. Not one single person gave her a mandate for anything. Yet when her authority is questioned she pens a staggeringly arrogant poison-pen letter which 100% reinforces that she has no intention of doing anything about this either and the people who haven’t bought into the programme are just labels malcontents who are ideologically opposed to anything they say. She should resign. 

You should take a rest from posting poison.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Satan666 said:

I’m going to go to this consultation, eager to see, hear and meet this Alex Christian. The man (or woman) is scrabbling now🤣

And may I add, if he’s reading this, one of my mates who rents in Douglas Head Apartments, has gathered his own footage of their bin stores situation and I promise you, he’s saying they have plenty of room in their second store - just that no one can be arsed to use it. He’s also going to attend if he can make it as he too wants to meet Alex and show whoever needs to see it, his footage, taken the days prior to collection. It’ll be interesting!😝

11 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

She is council leader. 

Yes she’s the leader but it doesn’t mean that she can just ride rough shot over everyone else. Like any decisions, all Councilors get to have a say and if they don’t think the people they represent are happy with someone or have particular issues, then these concerns are voiced. Read committee minutes and public council minutes (attended by the press), for genuine proof.

Edited by Guest

22 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

None of it is poison. It’s plainly true that nobody voted for her at all yet she gets to impose her will on service provision. That should not be the case. 

21 minutes ago, Gladys said:

It's the Council's will. 

20 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

She is council leader. 

It’s not her fault she was re-elected unopposed. Or that Frank was elected unopposed. Did you stand, or nominate someone else?

As councillors they had two waste operations objectives set by government.

1. to deliver services at the most economical cost they could. They’re shaving off £25,000. What’s your beef.

2. to increase recycling. It’s jogged along at 5% for more than a decade. It’s up to 15% after one month. Again, what’s your beef?

This was on the public council agenda 15 months ago. Was voted on in open full council. Was passed. Was reported in the media, widely. There was a consultation, then a leaflet delivered with rates bills in May 2022. Then it was repeatedly on Manx social media and in the press in September and October.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

I checked these too and they were replacements for existing trucks that had reached their end of life as part of the normal process. These are alternating collections - black one week, green the next - not reduced ones. 

But the Green waste collections aren’t running for 3 months, so on the alternate weeks which should be green waste, what are the bin lorries and staff doing?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, andrew said:

But the Green waste collections aren’t running for 3 months, so on the alternate weeks which should be green waste, what are the bin lorries and staff doing?

Actually it’s nearer 5. That question did cross my mind.