More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

12 minutes ago, andrew said:

But the Green waste collections aren’t running for 3 months, so on the alternate weeks which should be green waste, what are the bin lorries and staff doing?

That’s something I’ll be asking at the meeting. Probably struggling to keep things on the straight and narrow after  Christian and his crew have cost cut for years.dunno but we’ll see. 

Just now, Satan666 said:

That’s something I’ll be asking at the meeting. Probably struggling to keep things on the straight and narrow after  Christian and his crew have cost cut for years.dunno but we’ll see. 

Sorry if I missed a link  (not going through all the diatribes above) but do you have one? 

5 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

I’m sure it will be highly relevant to your Bride rates 😇

If it’s happening in Douglas and is a success it’s only a matter of time it’ll be island wide. Looks like the south will be doing this in 12 months too…

12 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

But then I wasn't the only one. Not be a long shot. I wish I could be so pious. 

I am not being pious at all, just countering the 'no communication' complaint which became 'fact' that all the pitchforks dismissed when I offered a different reality as me being partisan to DBC. 

There is no f*cking piety in reading your mail!

I was going to post a conciliatory reply to your "Maybe" post above, but ......

Edited by Gladys
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, C Montgomery Burns said:

8BF73FF2-D052-4EAF-9555-8030471C0931.jpeg

"One group representing residents in flats says cutting bin collections from weekly to fortnightly is a 'major public health concern'. The directors of Douglas Head Apartments Limited contacted Douglas Council to flag issues with its bin capacity after the changes came into force. Mark Tweedle says UK building regulations mean a two-bedroom apartment should have 250 litres of waste collection each week, but his residents are only getting 140 litres per fortnight. He says some types of rubbish need to be collected more frequently".  Is he correct?

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/douglas-residents-distressed-upset-and-angry-at-bin-changes/

Edited by code99

1 minute ago, code99 said:

"One group representing residents in flats says cutting bin collections from weekly to fortnightly is a 'major public health concern'. The directors of Douglas Head Apartments Limited contacted Douglas Council to flag issues with its bin capacity after the changes came into force. Mark Tweedle says UK building regulations mean a two-bedroom apartment should have 250 litres of waste collection each week, but his residents are only getting 140 litres per fortnight. He says some types of rubbish need to be collected more frequently".  Is he correct?

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/douglas-residents-distressed-upset-and-angry-at-bin-changes/

Tweedle doesn’t understand what he’s talking about. If he’s going off UK guidelines, he’s read the wrong info! Plus his second bin store is used less frequently by his tenants…. He’s just stirring it and has no idea day to day what’s happening as he lives across. ..

6 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

You do seem to know an awful lot about Douglas bins. I used to live up there and I’ve seen how the bin stores function I’d certainly believe him before I’d believe you to be honest. 

No problem with that. No doubt it’ll all be answered at the meeting.

3 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

Your barking up the wrong tree anonymous Bride resident with an encyclopedic knowledge of Douglas refuse policy. 

Don’t think so Sophie