More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

26 minutes ago, The Bastard said:

How odd to reduce bin collections on supposed financial and environmental grounds, then literally send many thousands of pounds of ratepayers' money up in toxic smoke.

It’s sponsored by Colton Manx so they will be paying most of costs 

5 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

I have a FOI request for DBC.

How many full time staff are on the payroll?  How many full time staff are in the IT department?

https://gef.im/2022/10/12/why-is-douglas-so-backwards/?fbclid=IwAR2A0yk-3xCx_JYZ6gj_OSFpkZc3ni3e6eapzQ6yT7HscvPGm_sL4XQktes

Well as Gef says, they've just appointed "a new Data Protection Officer".  Presumably to protect the data from the public.  Can't have the plebs finding out what's going on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, manxfisherman said:

Why is it on the 4th? I sort of get why they might move it to a weekend night if the 5th was a on Wednesday or something, but its not.

Once you’ve accepted it can be moved what’s the problem? Friday night is good for most people.

1 minute ago, doc.fixit said:

I wonder if the companies that sponsor things are making excessive profit?

It’s an egaming company so that’s probably a yes!! However Celton Manx are excellent for sponsoring all sorts of local events as well as Leeds United. They are also generous to many local charities