More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

6 minutes ago, code99 said:

And why is the DBC so different to standards in the UK?

No idea but if you read up (blimey I’m getting full in my old age) the uk guidelines that he says he’s quoting, he’s wrong unfortunately. 

25 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I am not being pious at all, just countering the 'no communication' complaint which became 'fact' that all the pitchforks dismissed when I offered a different reality as me being partisan to DBC. 

There is no f*cking piety in reading your mail!

I was going to post a conciliatory reply to your "Maybe" post above, but ......

OK. Let's be friends. I had already apologised twice and deleted my erroneous post. 

I didn't read the mail i go in May. Neither did lots of other nitwits like me. Maybe if it had big writing saying important I would have. Lesson learned.

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Satan666 said:

No idea but if you read up (blimey I’m getting full in my old age) the uk guidelines that he says he’s quoting, he’s wrong unfortunately. 

OK thanks. It would be great if you could post the link to the relevant UK guidelines, please.

6 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

OK. Let's be friends. I had already apologised twice and deleted my erroneous post. 

I didn't read the mail i go in May. Neither did lots of other nitwits like me. Maybe if it had big writing saying important I would have. Lesson learned.

Pax.💐

In the spirit of conciliation, I would agree that although there was plenty of publicity given to this, in view of the amount of people who seem not to have got the message, perhaps a trick was missed.   I suppose a problem is that with modern communications having so many routes, people may not give all channels the same priority.  The only sure way is by post, but even that doesn't seem to have worked, perhaps it is a symptom of communication overload. 

• Like 2

Just been looking at UK mainland, Isle of Wight and Jersey recycling targets. These appear government led to the point that they make us look very poor. It’s quite an eye opener! https://gov.wales/local-authority-municipal-waste-management-april-2020-march-2021
I bet anyone not from this island, hearing and seeing the state of some Douglas bins are thinking how backward are we… and all we can do is moan..

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Actually it’s nearer 5. That question did cross my mind.

1 hour ago, andrew said:

But the Green waste collections aren’t running for 3 months, so on the alternate weeks which should be green waste, what are the bin lorries and staff doing?

I checked that too. December and Christmas is always busy with rubbish so they will have additional work there (glass, cans, etc). January will see delivery of the remaining garden waste bins. Then back to alternating schedule from February. 

As already mentioned in the open letter reply, the scheme will be extended to November next year so there will only be two months with no green collection. December will again be busy with festive rubbish and recyclables, and January will likely see training and other activities take place. In short: there’s always something to do. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Satan666 said:

Just been looking at UK mainland, Isle of Wight and Jersey recycling targets. These appear government led to the point that they make us look very poor. It’s quite an eye opener! https://gov.wales/local-authority-municipal-waste-management-april-2020-march-2021
I bet anyone not from this island, hearing and seeing the state of some Douglas bins are thinking how backward are we… and all we can do is moan..

It must have taken you ages to find that, what with you having no claimed knowledge or expertise in waste management etc 😇

Just now, Steady Eddie said:

It must have taken you ages to find that, what with you having no claimed knowledge or expertise in waste management etc 😇

Not really, just google it , uk recycling targets., Andy Green****. It’s double L isn’t it?

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

It’s not her fault she was re-elected unopposed. Or that Frank was elected unopposed. Did you stand, or nominate someone else?

As councillors they had two waste operations objectives set by government.

1. to deliver services at the most economical cost they could. They’re shaving off £25,000. What’s your beef.

2. to increase recycling. It’s jogged along at 5% for more than a decade. It’s up to 15% after one month. Again, what’s your beef?

This was on the public council agenda 15 months ago. Was voted on in open full council. Was passed. Was reported in the media, widely. There was a consultation, then a leaflet delivered with rates bills in May 2022. Then it was repeatedly on Manx social media and in the press in September and October.

I found this post of yours interesting. Would you happen to have the source for the Government objectives set for the Council?

Also, you've said that there was a consultation. Again, would you be able to give some more detail on that? 

19 minutes ago, Viddy well said:

I found this post of yours interesting. Would you happen to have the source for the Government objectives set for the Council?

Also, you've said that there was a consultation. Again, would you be able to give some more detail on that? 

Just scroll back. IoMG do have recycling objectives. I’m too lazy to search them. The consultation questionnaire doesn’t appear to be on line still, but I completed it, Gladys says that she did.

23 minutes ago, Viddy well said:

Here you go. Aim was 70% by 2022. We are stuck at 5%.

https://www.gov.im/media/472034/waste_strategy.pdf

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Just scroll back. IoMG do have recycling objectives. I’m too lazy to search them. The consultation questionnaire doesn’t appear to be on line still, but I completed it, Gladys says that she did.

Yes, the invitation was sent to me by text in October 2021.  Presumably there was a wider request for people to participate.