More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

4 minutes ago, John Wright said:

It did. This is a clear case of taking horses to water but not being able to make them drink.

A bloody lot of horses. Well have to agree to differ. All they needed was a piece on MR a couple of days before. They failed to use more opportunities to not achieve. Some might think it was devious.

The proof was in the pudding. It was awful.

31 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

A bloody lot of horses. Well have to agree to differ. All they needed was a piece on MR a couple of days before. They failed to use more opportunities to not achieve. Some might think it was devious.

It was on MR, in the Examiner & Courier, on the Corpie social media feeds. The dates and areas were published in mid September. 

3 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Pretty sure it was on MR. 

Also, why would they be devious?  Do you think they were hoping that if they were quiet about the start date, no-one would notice when their bins were not emptied? 

I suspect something nearer the truth is people ignored it as being something that would not affect them, but when it became apparent that there would have to be a relatively minor change in habits they were outraged.

Sure there will be issues experienced by some, but they just need to be addressed which the Wells' letter says they are doing. 

Most sensible people would understand what they are trying to achieve, make the minor adjustments to their routine and give it a few months to see if it beds in correctly. 

1 minute ago, C Montgomery Burns said:

Oh come on we can’t have anyone thinking that anything Amadeus and his mates have done is wrong. What’s wrong with you? Haven’t you been told this enough yet? 

A policy adopted by a previous council and one adopted by many local authorities elsewhere for at least 20 years ?

1 minute ago, C Montgomery Burns said:

Do you really think that if you repeat this mantra for long enough anyone will buy it? It’s almost become brainwashing now between mods and former mods on here. Douglas Corporation and it’s councillors can do no wrong …. Douglas Corporation and it’s councillors can do no wrong …. Douglas Corporation and it’s councillors can do no wrong … 

Thought you were a new member? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

I was talking to a pest control guy yesterday. He loves the new changes as business is booming for him. 

I’m not affected by this but what does surprise me reading her letter to Ashford online is that they have clearly not prepared for this. They’re now engaging with the management companies of flats. Why weren’t they doing that last year well before they decided to bring this in just to make sure there were going to be any issues with lack of space? It just sounds typical of any local authority. Let’s just make this stuff up, do no research, and when it all goes wrong just hunker down and accuse everyone else of being the problem instead of us. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

I’m not affected by this but what does surprise me reading her letter to Ashford online is that they have clearly not prepared for this. They’re now engaging with the management companies of flats. Why weren’t they doing that last year well before they decided to bring this in just to make sure there were going to be any issues with lack of space? It just sounds typical of any local authority. Let’s just make this stuff up, do no research, and when it all goes wrong just hunker down and accuse everyone else of being the problem instead of us. 

Just the usual shithouse behaviour of DBC 

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

It was on MR, in the Examiner & Courier, on the Corpie social media feeds. The dates and areas were published in mid September. 

I listen to MR. I never heard it. I look at MR website everyday. I didn't see it. I still can't see it. I get the Courier. I skim read it admittedly. I didn't see it

NEITHER DID ANYONE ELSE IT SEEMS

It was a massive PR own goal

I'm afraid, in the words of Roger Water

The evidence before the court is incontrovertible
There's no need for the jury to retire

Tear down the wells!

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

Don't worry someone will be along to defend them in a minute😆

48 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

They are engaging with those who have raised issues with them which is exactly what you would expect them to do.  You would also expect a proactive management company to have raised issues when the changes were first proposed having looked at how they would affect their own property arrangements. 

ETA: Happy to oblige, HD. 

Edited by Gladys