More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

15 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Don't worry someone will be along to defend them in a minute😆

15 minutes ago, Gladys said:

They are engaging with those who have raised issues with them which is exactly what you would expect them to do.  You would also expect a proactive management company to have raised issues when the changes were first proposed having looked at how they would affect their own property arrangements. 

ETA: Happy to oblige, HD. 

Like clockwork.

3 hours ago, Happier diner said:

A bloody lot of horses. Well have to agree to differ. All they needed was a piece on MR a couple of days before. They failed to use more opportunities to not achieve. Some might think it was devious.

The proof was in the pudding. It was awful.

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

I listen to MR. I never heard it. I look at MR website everyday. I didn't see it. I still can't see it. I get the Courier. I skim read it admittedly. I didn't see it

NEITHER DID ANYONE ELSE IT SEEMS

It was a massive PR own goal

I'm afraid, in the words of Roger Water

The evidence before the court is incontrovertible
There's no need for the jury to retire

Tear down the wells!

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

image.thumb.png.b4284c4dba56547ea93ea085f7427bd2.png

You clearly:

a. Weren’t listening

b. Didn’t really search the MR archive well

28CD2C2A-0A16-4326-9547-49C0FE1F85A0.jpeg

I too take umbrage to Clare Well’s ‘philosophical objection’ statement – this statement is not helpful and will only alienate people, as opposed to bringing them around to her point of view. It is also looks like it is an outdated set of ideas.

Recycling on the IoM, and shipping the recyclable material to the UK will, due to transportation, fuel, storage, costs/ emissions, etc., (albeit that they have the noble purpose of reducing harmful waste) be to some extent counterproductive, especially as it will increase global CO2 emissions - gases which DBC should know damage the whole planet’s ecosystem.

Many European countries have been running sophisticated recycling schemes (including smart recycling bins and containers wired to the Internet) for years. However, recently, they have cottoned on to the idea that the effectiveness of their recycling programmes, even with all their high-tech methods has not been all that effective. The problem is that tons of disgusting waste are still polluting the planet’s lands and waterways, even more than before. As usual, it is the poorest countries that are bearing the brunt of this never-ending pollution. Consequently, the EU are currently transitioning their approach to deal with waste from recycling to reusing.

If DBC really care about the environment they should closely watch what the EU counterparts are doing now and not be stubbornly ideologically stuck in a ‘philosophical’ approach that the EU has shown dosen’t ultimately achieve much at all.     

Edited by code99
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, John Wright said:

You clearly:

a. Weren’t listening

b. Didn’t really search the MR archive well

28CD2C2A-0A16-4326-9547-49C0FE1F85A0.jpeg

John 

You have missed my point again

I am talking about being informed about when the actual date of the fortnightly bin collection stopping

There's lots of contradictory information. No wonder the good populous of Douglas had no idea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 0bserver said:

Very few people actually listen to the NPM/'Manx Radio'.

I was answering HD who suggested it should have been broadcast there. I told him it was. He denied it. Merely demonstrating he was wrong.

Ive no skin in the game. Just that falsehood/misinformation, by covid deniers, 5G conspiracy theorists, the anti vax brigade, flat earthers, and dbc fortnightly bin collection opposers, should be challenged rather than ignored.

The Reith lecture delivered yesterday contained a section about truth.

“In this age of mounting disinformation all over the world, when it is easy to dress up a lie so nicely that it starts to take on the glow of truth, the solution is not to hide the lie but to expose it, and scrub from it, its false glow.”

Full link here. It’s about freedom of speech.

Transcript. https://downloads.bbc.co.uk/radio4/reith2022/Reith_2022_Lecture1.pdf

Broadcast

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001fmtz

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

John 

You have missed my point again

I am talking about being informed about when the actual date of the fortnightly bin collection stopping

There's lots of contradictory information. No wonder the good populous of Douglas had no idea.

No point missed. The date was very clear. Yes it changed from April to October. You and everyone else claiming it wasn’t widely available is providing disinformation.

25 minutes ago, John Wright said:

No point missed. The date was very clear. Yes it changed from April to October. You and everyone else claiming it wasn’t widely available is providing disinformation.

Like you being right but everyone else being wrong?

April to October is quite vague. I still haven't seen an actual date anywhere. Maybe a sticker on the bins might have been an idea. Maybe the week before.

If you think they have handled the PR well then all I can say is thank goodness you chose the legal profession for your career. 😅

Edited by Happier diner
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Like you being right but everyone else being wrong?

April to October is quite vague. I still haven't seen an actual date anywhere. Maybe a sticker on the bins might have been an idea. Maybe the week before.

If you think they have handled the PR well then all I can say is thank goodness you chose the legal profession for your career. 😅

It’s nothing to do with right or wrong. It’s fact v misinformation.

It was supposed to come in during April, was put back to October. And from July through September was trailblazed, with dates, alongside the introduction of the green waste scheme.

Its not PR. I agree the way they’re dealing with it is a PR disaster.

But the communication was good. It even got to me, although not to you and others. Perhaps you ( and they ) need to ask how you were so inattentive so as to miss it.

Yes. Leaflet in bin lid, perhaps, although it’s counter the recycling thrust. Think of the outcry if they’d employed 100 outreach workers and come round and knocked on your door, handed you the leaflet and sat you down, made you a cuppa, held your hand, and empathised whilst you grieved for the loss of a bin collection every other week.

Mind you, why introduce a green bin scheme first week of October that you’re going to close end October. That’s really nuts.

• Like 3

Just now, John Wright said:

It’s nothing to do with right or wrong. It’s fact v misinformation.

It was supposed to come in during April, was put back to October. And from July through September was trailblazed, with dates, alongside the introduction of the green waste scheme.

Its not PR. I agree the way they’re dealing with it is a PR disaster.

But the communication was good. It even got to me, although not to you and others. Perhaps you ( and they ) need to ask how you (and hundreds of others)  were so inattentive so as to miss it.

Yes. Leaflet in bin lid, perhaps, although it’s counter the recycling thrust. Think of the outcry if they’d employed 100 outreach workers and come round and knocked on your door, handed you the leaflet and sat you down, made you a cuppa, held your hand, and empathised whilst you grieved for the loss of a bin collection every other week.

Ok. We'll agree on that. (with the sneaky addition)

They could have got the operators to stick the labels on, they used to do this. You are probably right though, against the recycling idea and they would probably have had to pay the operatives extra if not in their job description.