More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

It’s hard to say how many are affected @Happier diner.

There are about 15,000 households in Douglas. 30,000 people. Some live in houses in multiple occupation, they may be hard to reach. Others don’t have English as a first language. Others are tenants, town hall communication may be with landlords.

Ive no idea how many in the FB group(s) are householders, rent a mob, multiple members from one household. If it’s less than 1000 it’s less than 7%. Actually, for marketing and PR to hit 93% is pretty good. Of course I know that there’ll be a silent majority who are gritting their teeth ( for whatever reason ) and giving it a go.

I had an issue, made contact, chased, had a meeting, resolved. Didn’t even have to ask Amadeus to intervene.

A whole area of Douglas, bins still not emptied (supposed to have been emptied on Tuesday). People are now putting more bags next to their bins (saw more on my walk). No matter how they try to spin it, or how many "positive" numbers they pull out of thin air, it's a bit of a shambles, isn't it?

20221201_133407.jpg

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, John Wright said:

It’s hard to say how many are affected @Happier diner.

There are about 15,000 households in Douglas. 30,000 people. Some live in houses in multiple occupation, they may be hard to reach. Others don’t have English as a first language. Others are tenants, town hall communication may be with landlords.

Ive no idea how many in the FB group(s) are householders, rent a mob, multiple members from one household. If it’s less than 1000 it’s less than 7%. Actually, for marketing and PR to hit 93% is pretty good. Of course I know that there’ll be a silent majority who are gritting their teeth ( for whatever reason ) and giving it a go.

I had an issue, made contact, chased, had a meeting, resolved. Didn’t even have to ask Amadeus to intervene.

It is hard to say how many were affected. But I am  being absolutely honest with you and no exaggeration,  it is certainly in the hundreds. On our bin day I put our bin out in the lane the night before. I can see all the way down the back lane. Everyone else had put theirs out too. So, just on my small road that's 17 houses and 17 bins. 

Of course some people would have known. But multiply that up by even 5 more streets and you are over hundred. 

When I came home I found my bin hadn't been emptied. I guessed straightaway what had happened. My neighbour came out to get his bin. He was surprised to find it full. I said to him "I reckon they have switched to fortnightly " His words, and I tell no lie, were "you are joking, you would think they would have let us know"

You are right PR disaster yes, communications failure too.

Definitely my last comment honest🤐

1 hour ago, majkul said:

A whole area of Douglas, bins still not emptied (supposed to have been emptied on Tuesday). People are now putting more bags next to their bins (saw more on my walk). No matter how they try to spin it, or how many "positive" numbers they pull out of thin air, it's a bit of a shambles, isn't it?

20221201_133407.jpg

post-2251-0-22172000-1404406077.png

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, majkul said:

No matter how they try to spin it, or how many "positive" numbers they pull out of thin air, it's a bit of a shambles, isn't it?

It's called Policy-led Evidence. Beloved of politicians and civil servants who don't wish to admit they were wrong in the first instance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The petition that facebook page set up was removed after it had just 11 signatures after three days.

https://www.gopetition.com/petitions/bring-back-weekly-bin-collections-in-douglas.html?

Still no emails against it since the call to inundate me with queries but, and I'm not making this up, one in support. I believe there's also a public meeting being scheduled. If I feel better by then I'll attend. 

image.png

8 hours ago, 0bserver said:

I was talking to a pest control guy yesterday. He loves the new changes as business is booming for him. 

you seem to know a person in every possible job spec which remarkably suits the thread you are trolling on. Unbelievable stuff. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Amadeus said:

The petition that facebook page set up was removed after it had just 11 signatures after three days.

https://www.gopetition.com/petitions/bring-back-weekly-bin-collections-in-douglas.html?

Still no emails against it since the call to inundate me with queries but, and I'm not making this up, one in support. I believe there's also a public meeting being scheduled. If I feel better by then I'll attend. 

image.png

There was never going to be enough for a national petition.

The Facebook group is up to 750. Still not good news for DBC.

The photos of overflowing bins are repetitive. Maybe they'll get tired soon and accept their fate. Defeated. The overflowing bins sat like gravestones 😀

21 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

One single waste bin and one green waste bin. That’s it. 

And recycling boxes. 

What some places have in the UK is a food waste bin.  Not sure what happens to it. 

Eta oops

Edited by Gladys