More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

23 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

"They are not listening to us!"

Joins group to see if there are things I can pick up on.

Get blocked from group. (I'm not the only one this happened to btw) 

image.png

That's pretty dumb if them. I'll give it a try and see if it still works for me. I will comment that they are being dumb and see if I get chucked off too. 

Some of the stuff on there is quite ridiculous really.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

image.png

The irony is magnificent - it is exactly what DBC has done 

“We’re going to do something and not listen to the other side”

Maybe if you garner the support of 12 people they might have a meeting to discuss letting you back in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

image.png

Listen to me, don’t listen to me

Talk to me, don’t talk to me

Dance with me, don’t dance with me 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

The irony is magnificent - it is exactly what DBC has done 

“We’re going to do something and not listen to the other side”

Maybe if you garner the support of 12 people they might have a meeting to discuss letting you back in.

The group says that they have had no written complaints about their banning policy.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, genericUserName said:

They all want to speak to the manager, right?

What does the 'Karen' haircut look like? - Quora

"The chair of the Climate Change Transformation Board says she’s 'intrigued' by Douglas Council’s decision to move to fortnightly waste collection". 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/climate-change-chair-intrigued-by-councils-new-waste-strategy/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, code99 said:

"The chair of the Climate Change Transformation Board says she’s 'intrigued' by Douglas Council’s decision to move to fortnightly waste collection". 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/climate-change-chair-intrigued-by-councils-new-waste-strategy/

Too many people pulling in different directions. 

Refuse collection needs to be merged into an all-island service. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Too many people pulling in different directions. 

Refuse collection needs to be merged into an all-island service. 

Why? So we can bail out and subsidise Douglas ratepayers who voted these numpties in? Or maybe didn't even vote at all.

No thanks. Time and again DBC have failed in their duty to maintain buldings and services in their remit and go begging cap in hand to the taxpayer to buy out horse trams, tower of refuge, villa gaeity etc. Enough is enough. They made this farce let them deal with the consequences.  

Edited by CallMeCurious
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Happier diner said:

It seems there are 3 categories.

1. Those that can, do and will.

2.Those that can but won't 

3. Those that can't

I think that's a fair summary.

We're a family of four and our bin is not overflowing on fortnightly collections, and we don't need to go the amenity site. I genuinely wonder what on earth is going on with families who have overflowing bins after a week, I suspect most of them are in category two.

I'm against the change because the stuff in my bin is stuff I can't recycle- cat shit, nappies, etc- and it's stuff I don't want in my bin for two weeks.

20 hours ago, Two-lane said:

A while ago someone posted the comment that 5% of glass in the recycling bins is recycled, and the rest goes to landfill.

DBC are clear that glass goes out to Peel and is used in the manufacture of aggregate. It doesn't get turned into new glass bottles but it doesn't go to landfill.

It's one of those bollocks stories, like the incinerator burning diesel (they don't burn diesel except on restart, if they don't have enough waste they turn it off for a bit, like they did in 2020), that keeps getting recycled. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

Why? So we can bail out and subsidise Douglas ratepayers who voted these numpties in? Or maybe didn't even vote at all.

No thanks. Time and again DBC have failed in their duty to maintain buldings and services in their remit and go begging cap in hand to the taxpayer to buy out horse trams, tower of refuge, villa gaeity etc. Enough is enough. They made this farce let them deal with the consequences.  

Hang on, aren't all those 'buy outs' things that define the whole of the IOM?  Are they not national treasures? 

'They' did not make 'this farce' it was an implementation of an island wide policy, apparently.

You have just given the best argument for an all island authority.

• Like 2