More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

3 hours ago, code99 said:

DBC seem to be in a receipt of very few complaints from residents – maybe this is because the residents have been haranguing the mayor about the issue, who has had to call a “requisition meeting following a petition from more than 12 electors”? Presumably, the proof as to whether people are really as chagrined about the change will be revealed in the public meeting scheduled for 12 December.

I have a pretty good idea where those 12 signatures came from and I suspect the geographic layout behind them is narrow and elevated. 

14 hours ago, FANDL said:

Don't forget Port St. Mary and their purchase of Manxonia House. Then their financially accounting irregularities. 

The whole system is one continued bad joke that will keep heaping more misery through bad management and financial conduct. 

People have had enough.

• Thanks 4

47 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Any new authority will surely be based out on the business park at Braddan or even better, in Ramsey

Jebus, no thanks, there's enough bloat here already.

3 hours ago, Lilly said:

Sorry to change the subject. I've noticed in the last few days the digger that usually just moves seaweed has been shifting sand away from the beach walls, only addressing the slipway near Broadway to War memorial. There is a drop now of mostly more than a metre, uncovering steps l can't remember seeing before. I wonder if this will continue along the wall and will it stop over topping?  As it is something l've often thought maybe should be done,  is there another reason why it is being done? Does anyone know? If not, well done for taking this action.

Are they? Hallelujah, about time especially since the last high tides pretty much bought it onto the walkway.

How deep are they going.  There used to be at least 15 steps down as I recall.  Finally give the sea wall a chance to do what it was designed to do and did for decades.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Passing Time said:

It won't stop overtopping but will massively reduce the amount of beach dumped on the walkway and road...

I went along the prom on Saturday. 

Very noticeable amounts of sand/ debris building up against/ in those kerb drains.

Who in their right mind thought they were okay for a road subject to sand and debris on a grand scale?

Try cleaning them when they are blocked...........l

Saw that cleaning happening on a bridge over the Manchester Ship Canal  a few years ago and there was debris being ejected like a multi rocket launcher used in The Crimea recently.

Thinking about it, that is about the only situation they are suitable for. As in, no room for proper falls in the drains below on a bridge,  so the kerb drains suit and there is unlikely to be much debris going into them on a bridge, as in no leaves, no sand, etc etc.

Where do our DOI put them? On a road subject to constant overtopping and wind bourne sand........

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Steady Eddie said:

A really good summary. Can you buy tickets to view the public meeting? 

Apart from my name being spelled wrong and one of his key arguments needing a fact check. Not his finest work. 

Buy? It’s a public meeting. Just turn up. Rest assured there will be plenty of space. 

• Haha 1