More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

18 hours ago, FANDL said:

10 hours ago, Steady Eddie said:

A really good summary.

Shows how subjective these things are. Because to me I reads like an excruciatingly ham-fisted attempt to try to write a clever polemic.

The comparison with The Italian Job utterly fails and gets in the way of whatever it is that the author is actually trying to say. And what the author is trying to say could much more sensibly be condensed into many fewer words.

It would have been much better to simply stick to the facts as the author sees them.

Edited by genericUserName
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, genericUserName said:

Shows how subjective these things are. Because to me I reads like an excruciatingly ham-fisted attempt to try to write a clever polemic.

Sorry we got your name wrong Frank. Would you believe it was deliberate just to see if you were egotistical enough to read/be offended by it. As for the theme it’s the most widely read piece we’ve done recently. Well over 200 reads in 12 hours. It’s doing the rounds nicely on Facebook now too. Have a great time next Monday. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, FANDL said:

Sorry we got your name wrong Frank. Would you believe it was deliberate just to see if you were egotistical enough to read/be offended by it. As for the theme it’s the most widely read piece we’ve done recently. Well over 200 reads in 12 hours. It’s doing the rounds nicely on Facebook now too. Have a great time next Monday. 

Yes the Facebook group that also keeps spelling my name wrong had obviously shared it. Shame you didn’t fact check before publishing. Like I said, not your finest piece. 

• Like 1

Just now, Amadeus said:

Yes the Facebook group that also keeps spelling my name wrong had obviously shared it. Shame you didn’t fact check before publishing. Like I said, not your finest piece. 

Please feel free to publicly publish the list of who voted for and against at any time. You have so much social media reach it should be easy for you to counter any inaccuracies you believe exist. 

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

I haven’t read it, but surely there aren’t many ways you can misspell Frank?

Edited by Asthehills
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, FANDL said:

Please feel free to publicly publish the list of who voted for and against at any time. You have so much social media reach it should be easy for you to counter any inaccuracies you believe exist. 

No my friend that’s not how it works. You published a story loudly claiming something as fact and using it against me and my fellow councillors as the main hook in your story. The onus is on you to check your facts before publishing. That’s first week journalism school. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

No my friend that’s not how it works. You published a story loudly claiming something as fact and using it against me and my fellow councillors as the main hook in your story. The onus is on you to check your facts before publishing. That’s first week journalism school. 

With respect we checked our facts on Pitts. He’s actively telling people he didn’t vote for the changes. If that’s wrong then its up to you to prove what was said is wrong. It must be easy for you to publish the outcome of the vote in the public domain surely? There must be an official record that can be published so that people can see for themselves how you all voted? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Amadeus is rapidly turning into the Douglas equivalent of Little Bobby Onchan.

Imagine Rob & Frank as a political force 

Banned. For life. Plus three generations. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, C Montgomery Burns said:

Yes Amadeus has spent years politically throwing crap at people via social media about everything that’s wrong with the IOM, but he is proving to be a little thin skinned about any form of criticism involving anything that centres around himself. 

I’ve also brought and continue to bring plenty of business to the island and said and written many good things about it. Selective vision? Or is constructive criticism not allowed?