More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

12 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

You could (should) have asked before publishing. What you did was to take the word of a politician as fact, something I’m sure you’d agree is not necessarily a good idea on the battlefield of news. 

That’s just a comment by Devon Watson. Will you be publishing the actual voting list? 

End of the day some councillors are forgetting that the Council is there to provide a public service and that's it. 

If the public want a weekly bin collection then give them a weekly bin collection. 

You lot aren't there to be making up radical policies or trying to save the world.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, FANDL said:

That’s just a comment by Devon Watson. Will you be publishing the actual voting list? 

The link is right there in the tweet. It’s a public document. Here:

http://www.douglas.gov.im/index.php/component/docman/doc_download/862-minutes-of-special-council-meeting-held-26th-january-2022?Itemid=

I appreciate the way it is presented doesn't spell it out super plainly, but I would have thought someone who spends so much time writing about local politics might understand what happened there - or if not, would have asked. So in black and white, all except one voted for it and the lone vote against wasn’t Pitts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

The link is right there in the tweet. It’s a public document. Here:

http://www.douglas.gov.im/index.php/component/docman/doc_download/862-minutes-of-special-council-meeting-held-26th-january-2022?Itemid=

I appreciate the way it is presented doesn't spell it out super plainly, but I would have thought someone who spends so much time writing about local politics might understand what happened there - or if not, would have asked. So in black and white, all except one voted for it and the lone vote against wasn’t Pitts. 

The documentation is so evasive (as you admit) as to be meaningless. Even if that’s the vote (it’s so unclear) the second highest polling candidate at the last election was Skinner. Who voted against. So the people who got the most votes at the last election were the ones opposed the most. 

5 minutes ago, FANDL said:

The documentation is so evasive (as you admit) as to be meaningless. Even if that’s the vote (it’s so unclear) the second highest polling candidate at the last election was Skinner. Who voted against. So the people who got the most votes at the last election were the ones opposed the most. 

Now you’re even questioning official public documents that you should have researched before writing your piece - and you’re trying to change your angle with a weird argument in a poor attempt to still justify your factually wrong article. That has nothing to do with political debate anymore. That’s taking a sledgehammer to any credibility and trust you had built up until now and I’m honestly disappointed by it. HST would certainly not approve. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Amadeus said:

That’s taking a sledgehammer to any credibility and trust you had built up until now and I’m honestly disappointed by it. HST would certainly not approve. 

But will you still be passing on information when you want to try to convince a third party to smear someone on your behalf? Thinking about the election and Josem here where you passed on clearly fake pictures you wanted someone else to publish without researching them too deeply?  They weren’t published. What you have published so far provides little clarity on the vote. Even the minutes you posted on Twitter provide no context to what the vote you claim was about refuse collection was even about. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, FANDL said:

Thinking about the election and Josem here where you passed on clearly fake pictures you wanted someone else to publish without researching them too deeply?

Is this true? Wonder what @Josemwill make of it! 

those are quite some claims.

Maybe now is a good time to publish the images along with the story of how they came to be? 

We don't have much left in local news as we hurtle towards the arse end of another political year on the rock. Save for Dr. Al pointing out just how fucked the public finances are.

Edited by 0bserver

57 minutes ago, FANDL said:

But will you still be passing on information when you want to try to convince a third party to smear someone on your behalf? Thinking about the election and Josem here where you passed on clearly fake pictures you wanted someone else to publish without researching them too deeply?  They weren’t published. What you have published so far provides little clarity on the vote. Even the minutes you posted on Twitter provide no context to what the vote you claim was about refuse collection was even about. 

8 hours ago, Amadeus said:

That’s taking a sledgehammer to any credibility and trust you had built up until now

Please sort the critical error on your website so we can share all the positive stuff you posted in recent years.  The video when it was icy and you hid in a bush filming motorists drive up summerhill that you knew to be impassable, and then patronised drivers for doing so was pretty awesome.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, C Montgomery Burns said:

To be honest has any individual acted so badly just because a niche blog has done a story about them? Looking at some of the other things written on there I’ve not seen anyone else mentioned in any other piece have a total public meltdown about anything that’s been said. It’s incredibly poor form really given that one of the individuals openly and consistently complains about everything on social media themselves. 

I'm inclined to agree. 

But we shouldn't let this charade distracted from the real issue. The weekly bin collections need to be restored.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, C Montgomery Burns said:

Or why should my wife be subject to IOM immigration laws

Ah, so you think law abiding residents of the island should be ok with being discriminated against by incompetent Manchester airport staff? Or what's your point here? Your ill informed personal attack above shows you didn't even watch it or understand the issue. You do realise I wasn't the only one they did that to? And the issues this brings when we are trying to attract people here? They even stopped people with Schengen passports. I know you're desperate to find negative stuff about me but it's getting ridiculous now. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, C Montgomery Burns said:

Again, try harder. Ever had people complain and lost business because of bad air connections? Comments from visitors how shabby the place looks? If you are in any way ok with the way the airport and air travel over here has been managed over recent years then it's not me who needs to sit down and have a good, hard think. Hardly ever do I block people here but you and offshore add nothing but personal attacks time and time again. Not constructive criticism, just personal attacks. Spout them all you want and make yourself look like a small minded individual, but don't expect me to waste time on them anymore. 

• Haha 1

Just now, C Montgomery Burns said:

Just pointing out that you appear to ceaselessly moan about everything on social media but you don’t seem to be in the least bit equipped to deal with any criticism about anything to do with DBC as a DBC member. That’s double standards isn’t it? 

FandL's story was factually incorrect. I am allowed to point that out. You're blocked now so don't bother replying. 

• Haha 1