More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

To be honest I'm not fully sure I understand what the DBC rationale is behind the change. None of it makes sense.

I have no skin on the game not being a DBC ratepayer but I've yet to read from (anywhere) the stats proving that such a move is in the best interests of of said DBC ratepayers, either economically, environmentally or a combination of both.

Frank has challenged me to provide proof that the incinerator is using fuel more often to keep it going when there is insufficient tonnage. It's all there in the Suez reports. What he (and presumably his fellow councillors) don't seem to understand is that whilst encouraging ratepayers to recycle more means less tonnage in the incinerator and so therefore more fuel being to be used to keep it going.

And, whether it's collected every week or every two weeks makes no difference coz it's still the same volume of shit over a given period (a month, qtr, hy, yearly).

One reason for poking my nose into this is to make sure that my local authority doesn't go down the same road without it being fully analysed and approved by the ratepayers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

14 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

FandL's story was factually incorrect.

No there was one very minor point that you disputed. Due to the secrecy deployed during Douglas Council meetings when producing public minutes it is virtually impossible to work out who voted in support of the measures as it is virtually impossible to work out what the vote was about from the minutes. We had reliable information as to who we believed the person voting against was and published it. It turns out that the correct Ward had been mentioned but the wrong person. Materially that makes no difference anyway as John Skinner, unlike yourself, received over 600 votes from Douglas residents and polled the second highest number of votes whereas Pitts got the highest number. So three words have been changed on the blog which make absolutely no material difference to what was originally said about the apparent lack of democratic process within Douglas Council. 

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

One reason for poking my nose into this is to make sure that my local authority doesn't go down the same road without it being fully analysed and approved by the ratepayers.

Hear Hear. My sentiments too.

(and of course it wouldn’t be approved by the ratepayers. Who wants a reduction in services?)

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, 0bserver said:

Is this true? Wonder what @Josemwill make of it! 

A friend sent me a link to this. Between Frank Schuengel spreading lunatic grave truther conspiracy theories about me, or his creepy effort to publicise that I flew overseas before the pandemic for things such as my siblings weddings, my view of his behaviour remains unchanged: "Lol, what a bell-end."

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Josem said:

A friend sent me a link to this. Between Frank Schuengel spreading lunatic grave truther conspiracy theories about me, or his creepy effort to publicise that I flew overseas before the pandemic for things such as my siblings weddings, my view of his behaviour remains unchanged: "Lol, what a bell-end."

He does seem to have a fondness for you. 

1 hour ago, 0bserver said:

He does seem to have a fondness for you. 

I am flattered that he, and his fellow extremist Councillor Watson, think about me often. I can't say that I think about either of them very much. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

There isn’t a cogent argument at all as most people are now working out. It’s a half assed attempt to dress up cost savings as a recycling initiative. If it was about recycling then they’d have upped their game in several areas rather than be so lazy and half assed with it all. 

They're still employing the same staff to collect the same bins using the same vehicles. 

All it does is create a vermin problem (longys rather than councillors). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, C Montgomery Burns said:

as it’s clear that him and that other noisy humourless toxic fool Watson see only one stint on DBC as their ticket to the big time next general election. 

I’d certainly agree with that bit. Both of them clearly see a future role as MHK on their radar. They probably don’t want this to come back and haunt them. But it’s a clear case of get in on the corporation, make a name for yourself, and then start the granny farming 2 years before the next general election. They won’t care what DBC voters think as I doubt neither of them see themselves having to come back and seek their votes next time round for anything other than Keys. 

Edited by Steady Eddie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1